Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

I have now reached my first big goal! It's official!!! I have lost 50 pounds!

I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's celebration. I look forward to 2008 being my year when I can finally shop and dress and live like I WANT to, not like I HAVE to. Getting the lap band has been the best thing I've done for myself. I hope you have all been as successful as I have, and may 2008 be bring the same satisfactions to all.

I have now reached my first big goal! It's official!!! I have lost 50 pounds!

I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's celebration. I look forward to 2008 being my year when I can finally shop and dress and live like I WANT to, not like I HAVE to. Getting the lap band has been the best thing I've done for myself. I hope you have all been as successful as I have, and may 2008 be bring the same satisfactions to all.

4_1_112.gif So happy for you. Now that is the way to Celebrate New Years!!! Time for me to do some pushing to take off more weight..... went a bit overboard on xmas from chocolate truffles. 36_11_23.gif

That's wonderful and just what I needed to hear! I am in the swamps of bandster hell and right now it's hard to believe that this willever work for me. I've read enough on the boards to know that this is normal, but I hate the fact that I'm putting on weight. I'm such a chicken that I haven't gotten on the scale in 10 days because I don't want to have to update my ticker. My first fill is on Jan 16th so I'm hoping that I get some restriction. The general rule is 4 weeks between fills, right?

Sorry, I'm just having a little pity party because I thought that willpower would get me through until the fills kick in, but I don't seem to be having much luck. Alright - enough whining about me...

Christine, you are an inspiration!!! I hope that when I'm 6 months out, I can be an inspiration to someone else. Patience (along with willpower) are not virtues of mine so I'm so grateful to have people ahead of me that can forge the way! Here's to keeping our eyes on the prize in 2008!

Happy New Year to all!!!

Newblew

Newblew,

I'm right there with you. I am actually past due for my first fill. The local fill doctor didn't want to do my fill without floro since my port is so deep. Well he just got the floro machine in so it should'nt be long now. Which is good since I found myself able to eat a hamburger and pizza! But I am staying postive. I may not have lost much weight this past month but at least I didn't gain what I would have if I hadn't had the surgery!

Christine,

Congrats! You're a reminder that it can be done!

Here's to reaching our goal weight in 2008!

:clap2:

Hi, I've got great restriction and managed to blow my diet real bad over Xmas. Weighed in today and put on 2 pounds over xmas. Guess I'll wait a bit to renew my ticker.

NEWBLEW I found out that it was when I was afraid to get on the scale that I really put on the weight. When I do weigh in i'd be so shocked that I'd start to do something about my weight. Perhaps it was because unconscously I was ready to do something then I got on the scale??????????????

You're right NM! I know that I was just hiding because I didn't want to stop enjoying! But I got on today and only put on 2 lbs. I say only because I had convinced myself that it was at least 8 or 9, so 2 lbs was much easier to accept. I'm not even updating my ticker because I'm back on program and I figure I can blow those two lbs away in a week. Ask me in a week though...because I want to keep myself honest and if I haven't lost it by then - I've got to record it!!

Omla - I feel so bad that you are still waiting for your first fill. I also scheduled flouro for my first one because I just want reassurance that everything is where it should be. I'm hoping that my port isn't too deep though, because flouro costs an extra $300 and that will get pricey for every fill!!

Thanks for helping me get back on track!

Newblew:)

Well after having to reschedule my surgery the first time I am excited and really nervous to be starting my preop liguid diet today. Does anyone have a suggestion on what really helped you get through this stage? Also scared to death about the surgery but I guess more scared about what might happen if I don't have it... Sigh

jen

Try to avoid sugars and keep the carbohydrates low. This helps to curb your cravings. I had a lot of sugar free popcycles, Jello and pudding. Also the high Protein Shakes are good. Hot broth is great. There are some other Soups that you can eat as they are quite liquid.< /p>

The fear is natural, think we all had it. But, the surgery is a snap.

NM Sunshine,

Thank you for the suggestions and the support! I made it through day one but it is already hard.

Hey Christine! You are doing so well! Congratulations on reaching a huge goal. I'm trying to get there but it's one step at a time, isn't it?

Sunshine: How are you doing now that your fill has had a chance to settle down? It was so good to meet you in December but I was worried you might have a little too much in your fill with all the throwing up, etc. Glad to hear you made it through the holidays with only a 2 pound gain. That should be a distant memory by now... are you losing again?

New: I had been wanting to check in on your progress but have had some computer issues. It sounds like you initially had some problems. Have they resolved themself? I think I may need to go back and read more of the thread.

I'm still doing well. Was banded on 10/31 (yes, HALLOWEEN! Yikes!) and have lost 34 pounds. Dr G said I should only lose about 10 pounds a month but most of it was the first 6 weeks. I didn't lose anything over the holidays... too much pumpkin pie, perhaps? You bet!

I had my 2nd fill on Jan 2nd. He added 2cc bringing my total to 3.2cc's. Boy! I have some great restriction and sometimes find it hard to get solids down, or stay down! Breads are a definate no-no, they tend to gum up and sit there. Ouch! Crunchy things go down well so a few wheat thins with cream cheese or Peanut Butter is my lunch of choice. I made a roast last night that will probably feed me for 3 days plus a good portion to the freezer.

One question to anyone who may have experienced the same thing... Does it hurt for you to eat? I find almost anything I eat brings some pain from the moment I start to swallow until it goes down. I'm thinking it's because I'm so tight right now but it sure takes any anjoyment out of eating. Oh well, when you're addicted to food, I guess associating something negative with eating helps.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year! Take care fellow bansters and TRY to enjoy the ride.

Hugs,

Judy

I finally had my first fill. I got 2cc's and no restriction. Is this normal???

The just got the flouro machine so they were still working out the bugs. They were unable to see the barium as I drank it so they really couldn't tell if I was getting restriction or not. The doc said he would have me back in as soon as they figured everything out free of charge.

Jen6740- Have you had your surgery? Please let us know how you are doing?

Sunshine: How are you doing now that your fill has had a chance to settle down? It was so good to meet you in December but I was worried you might have a little too much in your fill with all the throwing up, etc. Glad to hear you made it through the holidays with only a 2 pound gain. That should be a distant memory by now... are you losing again?

I had my 2nd fill on Jan 2nd. He added 2cc bringing my total to 3.2cc's. Boy! I have some great restriction and sometimes find it hard to get solids down, or stay down! Breads are a definate no-no, they tend to gum up and sit there. Ouch! Crunchy things go down well so a few wheat thins with cream cheese or Peanut Butter is my lunch of choice. I made a roast last night that will probably feed me for 3 days plus a good portion to the freezer.

One question to anyone who may have experienced the same thing... Does it hurt for you to eat? I find almost anything I eat brings some pain from the moment I start to swallow until it goes down. I'm thinking it's because I'm so tight right now but it sure takes any anjoyment out of eating. Oh well, when you're addicted to food, I guess associating something negative with eating helps.

Hugs,

Judy

I'm still working out the eating thing. I find that I must be extra careful with the first few bites of food. And some food I just cannot tolerate like bread. Somtimes I still PB & slime a lot and usually find a reason for it...like shoveling in the first few bites or talking while eating.

It only hurts to eat when I am about to PB or have something stuck. Does it hurt to drink liquids or eat something mushy? Do you get a feeling like the food is rolling around and you find yourself swollowing air? If you get any of these I'd think that you either are too tight or swollen.

Sure hope it resolves itself. You may want to try warm liquids for a few days. Good Luck.....oh those little blue plastic cups are a life savior.

I finally had my first fill. I got 2cc's and no restriction. Is this normal???

The just got the flouro machine so they were still working out the bugs. They were unable to see the barium as I drank it so they really couldn't tell if I was getting restriction or not. The doc said he would have me back in as soon as they figured everything out free of charge.

Jen6740- Have you had your surgery? Please let us know how you are doing?

A lot of people don't feel restriction on their first fill. I didn't. I read somewhere that the first fill is like 'priming the pump'.

36_1_39.gif Happy to hear from you all at the Gonzales thread. This is my favorite thread. Great to hear that Dr. G has a flouro machine at his clinic now. What is the charge, $100? That's the usual charge.

I didn't do so well during the holidays. Decided today is day one of getting back to discipline.............

Hi all,

Judy - Everything has definitely cleared up. I struggled with left side pain (like a charley horse) fo a couple weeks along with a skin reaction at my incision sites but I feel 100% now. Almost too good! First fill is next Wednesday and I can't wait. I know that people don't usually get restriction from the first fill, but at least I'll be that much closer to the second fill!

I'm going to a Fill Center USA since I'm on the East Coast and I can't easily get to Tijuana. I've heard good and bad on the Fill centers, but nothing specifically on my site, so I guess I'll have to make my own decision.

I am so glad that I haven't told anyone about the lap band (except my husband) because now that I'm healed and not restricted, I'm not making the best choices. If I thought that people were watching what I ate and judging me, I would be a mess. My DH is very supportive and just keeps telling me that it will work after I get fills. Thank God for him!

I'm sorry that you are having pain with eating Judy. I understand about not minding negative reinforcement (I'm wishing I had some right now...), but you just want to be sure that something isn't going on that will ultimately hurt you and cause complications down the road. But if you are not PBing, that's probably a good sign. And kudos on the 34 lb weight loss - that's awesome!!!

Congrats on the first fill Omla! Hopefully, they can tighten you up soon. Hi NM! Here's to making better choices this week - you and me both!

Newblew

How much did everyone receive for their first fill?