Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The big day is coming up fast!

Yep, my surgery is on August 27 - that's the day after tomorrow, YIKES!!!!! :nervous I'm starting to get just a little nervous. What if I can't handle the adjustment, what if I'm one of the small percentage of people who don't lose weight with the band, what if, what if, what if. AACK!!!! :D I'll get through this and succeed, right?!

Oh, Lisa, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I felt that way only one week ago today!!

Let's see, what words of wisdom can I impart? :D Just this: in the very short term the thing to think about is that you're having surgery, and you have to recover from that. That's plenty to keep you busy all by itself. Don't worry about the band, or your reaction to it, or if you're going to lose weight with it (for heaven's sake!).

Good luck, girlie. You'll sail through!!!

Oh gosh, I am to be banded on Sept. 3. You sound just like me. I figure everyone has these crazy thoughts. I keep thinking what if I dont lose weight, what if I'm allergic to the band and my body won't tolerate it (I'm not allergic to anything). All the money I may be spending for nothing. I just end up letting go of the thoughts. I know I will use my band to its fullest. I am going to do everything right. I have just been trying to keep a good attititude and think positive thoughts. I know this can work for me and you too! Good Luck on your band. I really cant wait to get mine.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts. I thought I would be the one that would fail with it, or have to have it taken out because of crazy complications. But, incredibly, so far everything is going fine. :D

And even if it does fail, at least it's easily reversible, unlike the RNY. So, the risk is well worth it in my opinion!

Good luck.

Mary, I am thinking of you today. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bunkie, I'm right there with you!! My date is the 27th (tomorrow!) too. I've had all the same thoughts you have, plus I'm just worried about the post-op discomfort/pain. But I'm trying to be calm. Good luck to both of us. . .let me know how you are doing.

Nancy

I'm this Thursday 8/28 and I'm right there with you on the "what ifs." I'm totally second guessing the decision. Let's compare notes this weekend. I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow! Stay in touch. Elizabeth in Atlanta

Thanks Alexandra! You are such a great help to us band babies! Best wishes for continued speedy recovery...elizabeth