Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5'6 Female, with 33 BMI Anyone with Similar Stats

Hello Everybody!! So i'm booked for my VSG on June 15th with Dr. Alverez in piedras negras, MX. I'm 5'6 and my current weight is 200, I was wondering if anyone else had similar stats and had already had their surgery. Looking to find out what weight you got to after, if you had loose skin, or even if your just starting out it would be nice to have someone to share similar goals with. I've been told that my low goal should be about 10-20 pounds less then my comfortable weight because i will gain 10-20 pounds back when i got into maintenance so my low goal is 125-135. I'm hoping that when i hit maintenance i can put on 10-15 pounds of muscle, i know big goals a girl can dream right! Thanks!!

I had my vsg 2 weeks ago, on BMI 32. So far I lost 15 lbs. My goal low weight is also going to be 125. But my ideal weight i probably around 130-135.

I am so excited to see the changes - hoping for no need for plastic surgery!!

35 minutes ago, Morcheeba said:

I had my vsg 2 weeks ago, on BMI 32. So far I lost 15 lbs. My goal low weight is also going to be 125. But my ideal weight i probably around 130-135.

I am so excited to see the changes - hoping for no need for plastic surgery!!

Awesome! Glad to find someone with similar stats. I'm with you on the hoping for no need for plastics after. WOuld love to follow your progress!

I’m 5’6 as well, my surgery BMI was 33 I think and I weighed 211.

I’m 6 months out and at 151—stalling a little right now. The last 20lbs are going to be harder I think! But my surgeon thinks I can make it.

I have flabby arms still, but that was genetic for me anyways too :P and my boobs completely deflated, but no terribly loose skin like on the tummy or legs.

Edited by redhead_che

2 hours ago, redhead_che said:

I’m 6 months out and at 151—stalling a little right now. The last 20lbs are going to be harder I think! But my surgeon thinks I can make it.

I have flabby arms still, but that was genetic for me anyways too :P and my boobs completely deflated, but no terribly loose skin like on the tummy or legs.

Awesome! Congratulations on your success this far. I’ve always had flabby arms too so I’m not to worried about those. I’m hopeing my stomach and legs make it through alright. I like to weight lift and am hoping that I can do that successfully after VSG. Excited I’ve found people I can follow and share similar journeys with! Thanks for sharing!

5’5” BMI 33 getting sleeved Thursday or Friday waiting for final word (I was originally scheduled for 5/16 and had to postpone) good luck to you I’m hoping to make it through without loose skin (I’m a size 12 so I’m really hopeful)

16 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Do you have any advice on a specific diet and exercise? I know they say the lower the BMI the slower the weight drops off.

4 minutes ago, gully90 said:

Do you have any advice on a specific diet and exercise? I know they say the lower the BMI the slower the weight drops off.

I follow my surgeon’s diet plan still. 60g of Protein a day and 30g of fat or less. Personally I stay under 40-50 carbs a day but that’s just by choice—my program allows up to 70 a day. I don’t snack, I just eat my 3 meals. I work out 4 days a week. Basic 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights.

Losing 75lbs in 6 months is amazing progress so I’m trying not to think too hard about the last 20–just have to keep chugging along!

7 hours ago, andirm said:

5’5” BMI 33 getting sleeved Thursday or Friday waiting for final word (I was originally scheduled for 5/16 and had to postpone) good luck to you I’m hoping to make it through without loose skin (I’m a size 12 so I’m really hopeful)

Oh wow your so close! That’s exciting, did you have to pre-op? I start my Pre-op June 10th. I’m also a size 12/14 depending on the jeans... loose skin is my biggest concern only because I told my husband that I would not do anything else major after this. So im hoping that works out. Can’t wait to see everyone’s before and afters! Please keep us updated if you don’t mind on how your doing after surgery.

2 hours ago, redhead_che said:

I follow my surgeon’s diet plan still. 60g of Protein a day and 30g of fat or less. Personally I stay under 40-50 carbs a day but that’s just by choice—my program allows up to 70 a day. I don’t snack, I just eat my 3 meals. I work out 4 days a week. Basic 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights.

Losing 75lbs in 6 months is amazing progress so I’m trying not to think too hard about the last 20–just have to keep chugging along!

That’s awesome!! I plan to to get to my goal of 135. I’m definitely a little worried about loose skin in my belly because I already have a pooch due to child birth!

Hi all,

I'm close to your stats a bit higher. I am hoping to get insurance to cover my surgery- almost done with all the hoops. I have sleep apnea so that is my comorbidity that I'm counting on. I'm at 37 bmi right now- super hopeful about not having too much saggy skin but at 52 I know my skin is not as elastic as it once was.

Looking forward to hearing all your success stories!

Three weeks out today and 22lbs gone!❤ The weight is dropping slowly but steady, maybe not as fast as some of the others, but I love it!

5 hours ago, Morcheeba said:

Three weeks out today and 22lbs gone!❤ The weight is dropping slowly but steady, maybe not as fast as some of the others, but I love it!

Wow!! Your progress is awesome, I'm counting down the days. Reading updates like yours makes me so ready to be on the other side. How have you been doing with the eating or drinking?

13 minutes ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

Wow!! Your progress is awesome, I'm counting down the days. Reading updates like yours makes me so ready to be on the other side. How have you been doing with the eating or drinking?

I know - my BMI is dropping like a stone! Drinking has been OK since day seven or eight I think, but eating is tricky and takes a loong time... I am on mashes right now, but my plan allows all Protein in small amounts, well-cooked vegetables, eggs and crispbread..as long as I chew it well to a mash. So I finally feel like I'm eating something. But about 50% of what I eat is still protein pudding or Skyr(protein-enriched yoghurt). I get about 600 kcal/day. I'm gonna try to post some before/after pics @ three weeks!

3 minutes ago, Morcheeba said:

I know - my BMI is dropping like a stone! Drinking has been OK since day seven or eight I think, but eating is tricky and takes a loong time... I am on mashes right now, but my plan allows all Protein in small amounts, well-cooked vegetables, eggs and crispbread..as long as I chew it well to a mash. So I finally feel like I'm eating something. But about 50% of what I eat is still Protein pudding or Skyr(protein-enriched yoghurt). I get about 600 kcal/day. I'm gonna try to post some before/after pics @ three weeks!

Yes, I would love to see some progress pics! I'm glad your on the good end, Some of these post scare me. Are your energy levels good? I have a sitting job so i think i'll be fine even with low energy, however i have two boys and i'm hoping i can have enough energy to keep up with them.