Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was there a particular food you were happy to eat (in moderation of course) again when you finished the liquid and soft food stages? Mine were hot sauce and green chiles, LOL!!

When I was on liquids I really wanted to eat tuna and as soon as I was allowed to eat it I did and was super happy about it. I felt full quicker and stayed full longer. I felt like singing and doing a happy dance. 😂

I’m so nervous about the food after. I cannot wait but also am scared to eat!

6 hours ago, Topher_B said:

Just wait. you will be in for a big surprise as your taste will change and stuff you used to like........well just wait

I couldn't get enough La Preferida Fat Free refried Beans with a little low fat cheese and fat free sour cream. I ate it every day for weeks. I was hoping the beans would also help with regularity, however I don't think that small amount really did help.

I couldn't wait to eat steak again when I was given the ok to eat anything . I was scared but my husband and I went to Texas Road house and I tried a piece of his steak and it went down good and tasted great. I had only ordered a small chili and was full after a few bites. Now I only order an appetizer or child's portion. It's great to get full so quick. Love it.

17 hours ago, ElysiaDee said:

When I was on liquids I really wanted to eat tuna and as soon as I was allowed to eat it I did and was super happy about it. I felt full quicker and stayed full longer. I felt like singing and doing a happy dance. 😂

I was just like that when I ate my first scrambled egg!

9 hours ago, doug548 said:

Just wait. you will be in for a big surprise as your taste will change and stuff you used to like........well just wait

I've heard a lot of people say their taste has changed, but mine hasn't.

16 hours ago, Topher_B said:

Small portions, chew the food at least 30 times, take your time, and stop when your pouch feels full but not stuffed. Most importantly, follow your doctor's instructions to the letter. When is your surgery or have you had it already?

9 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

I couldn't get enough La Preferida Fat Free refried Beans with a little low fat cheese and fat free sour cream. I ate it every day for weeks. I was hoping the Beans would also help with regularity, however I don't think that small amount really did help.

I haven't tried that yet but it sounds great!!

3 minutes ago, Loder77 said:

I couldn't wait to eat steak again when I was given the ok to eat anything . I was scared but my husband and I went to Texas Road house and I tried a piece of his steak and it went down good and tasted great. I had only ordered a small chili and was full after a few bites. Now I only order an appetizer or child's portion. It's great to get full so quick. Love it.

I've not gone to restaurants yet, but am going tomorrow night. I understand Olive Garden has great menu items for sleevers (I got that from bariatricfoodie.com). But it's good to know that Texas Road House has menu items that would go well - and I do love leftovers!

On 5/8/2018 at 10:41 PM, MermaidInAZ said:

Was there a particular food you were happy to eat (in moderation of course) again when you finished the liquid and soft food stages? Mine were hot sauce and green chiles, LOL!!

I'm so jealous! My taste hasn't changed, I still LOVE spicy. But it hurts in my stomach, a burning ache. Hope that goes away soon!

Burning ache could be gastritis, Darlin i have it myself 😒

4 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Burning ache could be gastritis, Darlin i have it myself 😒

And what does a person do about gastritis? I'm still on PPIs 2x/day because I only lasted 4 hours when I stopped them :(

They might also put you on in addition sucralfate, no more coffee, minimal or no citrus, possibly,tomatos, peppermint and Spivey foods. Maybe no pork like spareribs. You might have to check,with a gastroenterologist, mine pit me on Dexilant, he called it the Ferrari of PPIs, Prilosec, Pepcid did zilch for me.Dexilant without insurance tuns $300-350 a month if I didn't have insurance.. And it hurts as bad as gall bladder pain.