Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So thankful for support at home - and sometimes it's funny

My husband has been so supportive through this journey - bless him. Since my carbs are way low, his are too and he's managed to lose 2 waist sizes in pants since my surgery. However, he calls me "puny human" at least 3 times a day and tells me my butt is getting smaller. I'm pretty sure it's all meant in the best way :) We went through part of our closet this morning - me sending things to charity, and him switching out smaller sizes for the bigger, but saving the bigger ('just in case' for him). While we were trying things on I told him that my goal for the summer was to get collarbones. His response "the order has been placed - they're in shipping. we just have to find the tracking number" Such a goof, but exactly the sort of light-hearted support I need today!

The number on the scale is great. Comparison pictures can be helpful, but trying on clothes and realizing they will fall practically off your hips = the best!

49 minutes ago, Miss Topaz said:

My husband has been so supportive through this journey - bless him. Since my carbs are way low, his are too and he's managed to lose 2 waist sizes in pants since my surgery. However, he calls me "puny human" at least 3 times a day and tells me my butt is getting smaller. I'm pretty sure it's all meant in the best way :) We went through part of our closet this morning - me sending things to charity, and him switching out smaller sizes for the bigger, but saving the bigger ('just in case' for him). While we were trying things on I told him that my goal for the summer was to get collarbones. His response "the order has been placed - they're in shipping. we just have to find the tracking number" Such a goof, but exactly the sort of light-hearted support I need today!

The number on the scale is great. Comparison pictures can be helpful, but trying on clothes and realizing they will fall practically off your hips = the best!

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

He sounds like a great man and hubby :) It makes a huge difference having support at home. My heart breaks for those who struggle with establishing a solid support group, especially when spouses/SOs are the ones who are the unsupportive ones. I wish everyone had this!

Got to love 💕the guy for that, and I'm sure you do👥

Great story! and what a wonderful husband. I also feel terrible for those whose partners or family don't support them--I think maybe the worst is mothers, as we're so conditioned to want their approval and support. Hugs to all who need them!

I am glad my Tomkitten( my son) is super supportive, would do any and everthing for me. Other child, RD short for Rotten Daughter, pffft, tried explaining about my surgery, turned conversation to herself, said again Do you realize I'm going to have major surgery? Her answer "Whatever" No her real name is NOT RD, she has a perfectly lovely one, the best her dad and I could find. We do share a middle name, she changed,the spelling on Facebook, that way No one will know we are related. She earned the RD title and works everyday to,maintain it. You,know how every family has one of those? It is my sorrow I gave birth to mine.💔😭😪

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

I am glad my Tomkitten( my son) is super supportive, would do any and everthing for me. Other child, RD short for Rotten Daughter, pffft, tried explaining about my surgery, turned conversation to herself, said again Do you realize I'm going to have major surgery? Her answer "Whatever" No her real name is NOT RD, she has a perfectly lovely one, the best her dad and I could find. We do share a middle name, she changed,the spelling on Facebook, that way No one will know we are related. She earned the RD title and works everyday to,maintain it. You,know how every family has one of those? It is my sorrow I gave birth to mine.💔😭😪

I'm sorry Frustr8. The mother-daughter relationship should be so much nicer than that.

15 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. But I do understand. We're estranged from hubby's sister and her family. Her choice but I often wonder if she regrets it (tho my life has so much less drama now). We have friends who refer to our relationship as the "no drama family" that we all chose.

Orchids and Dragons & Miss Topaz-you don't realize how much I treasure both you. Miss Topaz, I'm not sure of your age but,I know chronologically I am older than Orchids and Dragons, probably you both. Yet when I read your posting, you have your "act together" so much more. And I enjoy your perspective on things. ☺
I'll confess something, when I was a "newbie" there was a certain poster I gravitated to, as time went by either I grew in courage or she changed her outlook. I still post occasionally on the same forums, she no longer acknowledges my contributions or posts back. So I guess we are electronically estranged at this time. She used to help me understand this weight loss🎢 journey, now she's off doing her own thing, 💯shallower in perspective. She even bullied me on B.P., don't know why for sure it happened, maybe her post-surgery hormones?
But I'm gonna keep on keeping on, still struggling towards my🚧 finish line. Some days it starts seeming easier, the the fits and starts come back, the doubtful😣 voice inside starts saying " you are not good enough, you are very unworthy, this is why you are being punished" most of the time I am strong 💪enough, brave enough to say " Shut Up😠" but others I can't blind it😎,out.
I had a ray🌟 of hope the other day. You,have probably heard me allude to my next Columbus appointment? I have been calling it my "trifecta" appointment because I'm meeting 3 ladies for 2 hours, my case manager, dietician, and nurse practioner. I had rationalized it was merely a "Hi,Nice to Meet You" meeting, okay I guess I can live with that. Then I happened to follow while submitting my viewpoint on some topic, another surgery seeker who was meeting with the self-same people at her hospital 🏥and it was her immediate PreSurgery appointment. And hope😐 started. to sprout inside, maybe just maybe it will be that way too. I have been through a Bariatric program 📝twice through, could it mean the new program,is now accepting everthing, there will be no further requirements and I also will receive my surgery😷 date? Oh,is this a valid 👍hope? And suddenly I felt a twinge of self-worthiness☺, a small seedling🌱of hope starting to grow. Maybe, just maybe, all my work, all the tears 💦I've shed had a purpose. And I'm still hoping it comes true! May 24th I'll know more of what lies ahead for👸 me.

@Frustr8, you are an amazing lady with a compelling back story. I can only wish the best for you on your journey. Sending prayers, blessings, good vibes, and all to Columbus on May 24th!