Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go later this morning for pre admission testing for the endoscopy I will be having on Friday. Just curious what to expect. Not on pre admission but the actual EGD. It seems pretty straight forward but being that I've never had it done, well might as well ask for experiences. Thanx ALL

12 minutes ago, J San said:

I go later this morning for pre admission testing for the endoscopy I will be having on Friday. Just curious what to expect. Not on pre admission but the actual EGD. It seems pretty straight forward but being that I've never had it done, well might as well ask for experiences. Thanx ALL

I was actually so worried about having my scope done because I had never been asleep before but it actually wasn't a big deal. They gave me an iv with fluids and when I went into the room they put the meds in and I woke up fine after so don't remember it at all. I had to stay for juat a bit after since i was put to sleep but they just check yourr vitals and thats about it. I know some people say they have sore throats after but I didn't. Good luck you'll be fine.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, J San said:

I've had 3 before not a big deal - they will give you a twilight sedation you won't remember anything. I never had a sore throat or anything. You do need someone to drive you home because of the sedation. The procedure only takes like 15 minutes.

Propofol is often used....sometimes called "milk of amnesia" by surgical staff because it's thick and white...and patients don't remember much.

I concentrated hard on TRYING to remember anything I could (cause I'm weird) and I do have a couple of fragmented memories of nurses patting my back and telling me "you're doing great! good job!" while gagging a little.

Woke up very rapidly and had a nasty sore throat.

Was super quick. Hubby took half a day of work off, and we went to lunch on the way home.

Isn't it good that it is of such,benefit to us, and sad that it did the King of Pop 🎵 Michael Jackson in? 😪

I’m having mine tomorrow so I’m super happy to this post and the responses since I’ve never had anesthesia before either.

HW: 311
CW: 258
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I’m having mine tomorrow so I’m super happy to this post and the responses since I’ve never had anesthesia before either.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Have fun moondoggie1983 . Never had anything shoved down my throat before but have been put out a few times. Couple of those were with anesthesia.....

OOPS Also thanks everyone for the feedback!!!

I would ask you J San what put you out the other times, but maybe I'm better off mot knowing?😪

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I would ask you J San what put you out the other times, but maybe I'm better off mot knowing?😪

Oh just childish boy type things. I'm tougher than you, why are you looking at my girl, a little too much happy juice at the night club and you feel like you can take on the world. All just luck on the other guys part really. :rolleyes: I am just a natural bad ass.

You, My Dear, merely were suffering from Travis Tritt syndrome, happens frequently to young men. Primary symptom:
Feeling 10 feet tall and Bulletproof. Only cure is advancing years and a healthy growth of wisdom.
Stay sane and smooth-tempered!😝👍

I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! It went great! All I know is I got hooked up to an IV, got a warm blanket and got wheeled into the EGD room where they inserted a bite block to keep my mouth open. The last thing I remember is them telling me that “the propofol works really fast” and then I woke up in recovery. Apparently I woke up, said “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???” and then laughed like a loon! [emoji23] The nurses had a good laugh at that I hear. Anyway, I apparently have a beautiful stomach according to my surgeon. No polyps, inflammation, hernias etc.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

That is an amazing drug. They said I may feel heat in my IV arm. Felt my entire face go tingly, made a circle motion with my finger around my face to tell the nurse. Next thing I know i'm being wheeled out to recovery saying "that was the best sleep I've had in ages". It was less than 20 minutes. Good gut and no issues. Throat feels like a had a rough hangover barfing a whole lot. Dry as hell and a bit scratchy but otherwise okee dokee. Glad everyone elses went sort of well. TaylorMade4One what do they do about the hernia? Is it in the stomach? Is that even possible or am i really stupid? Doesn't sound possible. Best wishes anyway.