ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not loosing weight ๐Ÿ™

I got my surgery on March 14th 2018. It was all going great. The first week I lost 5 pounds and by my second I had lost another 6 pounds ๐Ÿ˜ a total of 11 pounds! Yay ๐Ÿ˜€.. however I havenโ€™t been loosing any more weight since last time I weighted myself on March 27th. Why is this happening ??

I'm confused if the last time you weighted yourself was March 27th, how do you know you haven't lost any weight?

That said there are lots of reasons people hit stalls, most notably when you transition from liquids to puree/soft foods. As long as you keep doing what you are supposed to be doing you usually break through the stall within a week or so.

4 minutes ago, aNYCdb said:

I'm confused if the last time you weighted yourself was March 27th, how do you know you haven't lost any weight?

That said there are lots of reasons people hit stalls, most notably when you transition from liquids to puree/soft foods. As long as you keep doing what you are supposed to be doing you usually break through the stall within a week or so.

I was normally loosing every week but this week I stayed the same.

It's just a timing thing! So long as you're doing what you should, the numbers will drop. One thing at this particular point is that part of the weight you've already lost was from your intestines "emptying" during the liquid diets, both pre- and post-op. They were clean as a whistle! Once you get off liquids, your body starts to create bowel movements which increase your weight a bit. Once you get regular, it all evens out. Sorry if that's TMI.

I had the gastric sleeve surgery done on 3/13/18. I lost a total of 26lbs. Im still on puree food and I also hit a stall for over a week. I talked to my nurse and she said it is normal. Just to make sure to have enough Protein because your body will NOT get rid of fat if it does not have enough protein. Itโ€™s important to have at least 60g of protein daily.

2 hours ago, Isabellita said:

I got my surgery on March 14th 2018. It was all going great. The first week I lost 5 pounds and by my second I had lost another 6 pounds ๐Ÿ˜ a total of 11 pounds! Yay ๐Ÿ˜€.. however I havenโ€™t been loosing any more weight since last time I weighted myself on March 27th. Why is this happening ??

I stalled after the first week of surgery. I had lost 27lbs in the pre op diet, then another 11lbs in my first week. So I hit the dreaded "3 week stall" early. It will pass. Just keep following your plan.

Back on loosing weight. Thanks everyone for your support. Iโ€™m down to 148lbs. Lost a total of 20 lbs so far !!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜€ now my question is could I do some type of boob lift or something like. Body contouring or do really I HAVE to wait after a year ??? What if I get something done in the next month or so ?

Back on loosing weight. Thanks everyone for your support. Iโ€™m down to 148lbs. Lost a total of 20 lbs so far !!! [emoji1373][emoji3] now my question is could I do some type of boob lift or something like. Body contouring or do really I HAVE to wait after a year ??? What if I get something done in the next month or so ?

Congrats on the weight loss! Also you seem to be smaller than some bariatric patients right now, I think it's a bit harder to get more weight off the smaller you are, or at least that is what I heard, call it a rumor or whatever I don't know the validity of it.