Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in Nov. (The Month of The Turkey)

Well guys I didn't gain anything over Thanksgiving and I'm really proud of that concerning that I did eat some pie.

I go next week for another fill, but not sure I need one. I do have trouble eating protien(chicken, turkey, roast beef). It really doesn't want to go down very good, of course all the bad stuff ( pie, Cookies, chips and anything else I shouldn't eat) goes now like a dream. I still can eat to much at mealtime anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 cups at a time. I do stay full for 3 to 4 hours. I have to watch for the head hunger thing or I will find myself eating when I'm not hunger. I still can't eat bread, so that not a problem. I just not losing which is my problem as I don't excersise enough and eat all the easy stuff way to much. I have to force myself to drink Water. I would rather drink crystal light peach tea. Oh well, I'm just rattle on here. I just can't decide if I want another fill or not, I'm at 3.7 cc in my 4cc band. Guess I will just have to go talk to them and see what they think.

Happy late Thanksgiving ALL!!

I did'nt do much last week but drink Vodka and Cranberry drinks! :D

Then I ate very small portions of very moist turkey I was very surprised nothing got stuck considering I just got a fill on the 12th. :rolleyes

But Im doing ok I have good restriction I have no choice but to eat SLOWLY:o so Im grateful for that!!

As far as my weight I'm trying to be more patient with the pounds not coming off :huytsao:huytsao

I just weighed myself and my current weight is 215.5 body fat is a whopping 53%!!!!!!:Banane11: I have to look up what is was before the surgery Im sure it's an improvment!

MY TOTAL LOSS IS 58.5 POUNDS:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Patience is what I'm trying to have, thank ya'll for listening to me...;):cool:

Hello everyone,

Whew, are we glad to be past the first holiday hurdle? YES, YES. Damn guys, not only do I have to contend with Christmas eating but we also Celebrate Hanukkah. Those darn latkes get me every time LOL.

I am pretty restricted Jmcambra, I am kinda where you are in limbo between

2.00 - 2.04.

Hey Thick Chick how is drinking alcohol, I am frightened to death do you get buzzed quicker the usual?

Mrs. Husker you crack me up in knowing the exact calories of things, congrats on not eating those cheesecakes!!

Kythera good luck on your interview sounds like you need to treat yourself to a trip to IKEA friend.

Slickchic I guess those darn PBing episodes keep us in check.

Oh Julie you will be losing again in no time. I think of it like this in a couple days we will be in December and back out again. Who here does not get motivated after the new Year? I bet we all have, it has been our life for years after the holidays I am going to diet we say it will be different this time we say, only this time we don't have those 7 pds extra that most people have put on. We are just continuing were we left off with our lapband friend and for the first time ever it is different it is doable!!!!!:clap2:

So lets support each other good through December, not beat ourselves up for slipups and look forward to the new year, the new us, and our approaching 1 year anniversary.

Also I think I mentioned this a while back. There is a book called "Water with Lemon" that is a phenomenal book that everyone should own. Everyone should add this to your holiday wish list.

Speaking of books does anyone own Weight loss surgery for Dummies.

Also is there any magazine subscriptions for people that have had bariatric surgery?

Toodles, guys sorry I am so chatty

Janine-Golly, don't apologize for being "Chatty!"

You've made a good point about being reenergized with the first of the year. It's true. It's like a fresh start, a time to look at things a new.

I'll support everyone for not beating themselves up and I'll start with me. I had a super "bready" weekend. And while it was delicious, it was not what I needed to be eating to get to the goal I want. I'll just let the guilt go.

As for wine or other alcohol, hehehe, yeah it's a quicker buzz so it takes much less. But it's not like you'll act any differently than you did before you had the band. So if you were one to get up on the tables and dance before you still will! LOL! :(

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Good Tuesday Morning:notagree

Last night was good I didnt buy any KLONDIKE Bars for some reason I fell in love with those so i have over come my addiction to those:guess

Janine I love when people are chatty! I get a buzzer quicker then I did before I had the band...But I have to remember that those drinks have calories :paranoid so I only get drunk one every two weeks:heh:

Oh Juli please be encourgaed the weight will come off I make myself feel thin by putting on my old clothes and watching them fall off. :whoo:

I hope you all have a great day!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

MY GOAL IT TO LOSE 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK:)

Oh Julie

I have a bread problem too. Which does not go good with a lapband ouch!

Anyway, does anyone have an idea that gets them through that craving for bread. I just crave that constituency of cake, muffin, bread, sweet and soft.

Yeah, Smack yourself in the head until the desire passes.

Really, when I'm good I can say, "Eating that will not get me to my desired goal." It's kind of a mantra.

But then there are times when I CRAVE and it's rough. Really though I find the longer I stay away from that stuff the easier it becomes.

It's staying away in the first place that is the problem! UGH!

Good Luck!

I thought I did pretty good during Thanksgiving, however, the scale says different. (+5 lbs from 11/19)

Damn that pumpkin pie!

I'm double timing it on my treadmill the rest of this week, I'm working out in the am and the pm and I'm gonna drop 6 lbs by 12/17.

Janine, I have the Weightloss for Dummies book....I refer back to it every once in a while to remind myself what a LB person should be eating, since it has some sample menus.

I have tried pushing the envelope and can now eat bread and muffins...I realize I never should have gone there. I am not having any problems getting breadsticks and cornbread muffins down. It's not that I overeat them, it's just the fact that I can, and i'm not eating what I should be (veggies, fish, etc)

I'm going to ask for a small fill on 12/17. I have 2.5 in my 4cc band, I have noticed within the last couple months that I have slowly been able to eat more at a meal and not much gets stuck.... ..lunch today: 2 eggs, 1/4 c total diced ham & onions and 2% cheese, 1 piece of whole wheat toast. I could not have eaten half of that 2 months ago.

thickchick....vodka & cranberry yummy!

My husband and I had a scare this week. It started Saturday with our 12 yo dd complaining about pain in her sternum. It wasn’t bad, but on Sunday she had trouble sleeping with it. I took her in to the doctor on Monday thinking that she was getting pneumonia again but the doctor said no and started talking about Fluid around the heart. She sent my dd to Children’s Hospital for an EKG and a chest x-ray that day. That night she called and said the EKG was fine but the chest x-ray was inconclusive and wanted an ECHO done the next day, Tuesday. They said that they would have the results today. Well my dh just called me here at work, it sounded like he was crying when he said that the doctor just called. My knees about gave way, my stomach dropped out and I could feel the tears forming in the back of my eyes. Everything is fine with my dd, but my dsh (dip-shit husband) has a cold and his nose was stuffy, hence the reason he sounds like he was crying. I about went home and kicked his ass.

Now on to the alcohol (which I need right now). I find that it depends on what I drink to how it is going to effect me. About 3 weeks ago I had a rum and coke and was pretty drunk after one drink, but last Friday it took 3 gin and 7's to get drunk. Also it only takes one glass of vine to make my legs go wobbly. Re-reading this sounds bad so let me clarify with I don’t normally drink, this just happens to be a good month for it.

I also am on the fence about my next fill. I have 1cc and I don’t want to go to 1.5cc. Will they do less or is it a waste of time? I will find out on Monday.

Well, since I am at work, maybe I should get some done.

Now who’s the one that’s chatty?

Mrs H.

Good to know you dd is going to be fine. Silly DH.

Are you a soda drinker still? I miss rum and diet cokes...I've become a wine drinker.

Happy Wednesday

I just checked my bmi. In January I was 45.9, at surgery 43.5and today, drum roll.......36.7. Granted that is still obese, but I am out of the 40's. Yeah ME!!!!

how we have grown!!! It's so good to see that everyone is doing so well with no major problems. My life has been in shambles (too long of a story) so I haven't had much time to check in. Things are starting to get better and I just wanted to stop by to say hello!

My weight loss has slowed down due to all the ice cream and junk I've been eating. I still workout so I still managed to lose a few pounds. I'm not sure if I want to lose too much more because my ass is totally gone and I'm not happy about that. My neck has gotten so long and skinny it looks like it's going to snap off...lol! I'm afraid to see what I will look like after losing this last 20 pounds. I would love to just tone and firm up at this point so that's what I'm concentrating on.

I still love my band!!! :love:

Holy Crap TammyJ, you are doing great. 20lbs to goal!!! You are the woman!! I have missed your post and am glad you are back. You have always been an inspiration.

So glad to hear from you, Tammyj! I've missed you and hoped that all is going well for you. Your weight loss is tremendous! Congratulations. So close to goal and in onderland...you go girl! Thanks for checking in.

Congrats, Barb on your new BMI. Aren't these milestones great? Success can be measured in so many ways.

Hope everyone is doing well. My dr.'s office had a holiday bash last night and it was lots of fun. I won a door prize--a thing-a-ma-jig that you wear around your waist while you are walking (there is a walking video with it) and it's supposed to strengthen your core and firm your muscles. We'll see. Right now I'm doing Water aerobics 3 days a week and Curves 3 days a week as well so not much time for walks. They had "band-friendly food" at the get together--it was really good. Ham, turkey, cheese and crackers, vegetables and dip, fruit, and even Cookies and brownies. No drinks of any kind in sight. Then they gave award pins to people who had lost 75 lbs. and those who had lost 100 lbs. Wow! There was a man there who has lost 216 lbs. in 1 1/2 years. Amazing. Father Christmas came--he has the lapband as well and came looking very jolly but explained that he has played Father Christmas in this outfit for years (he's 6'8"!) but now has to pad it. He showed us how much weight he has lost by removing his belt (from a 56" to a 32" waist) and then taking out five pillows from inside his costume. Well, I'm motivated! There were lots of before and after pictures on the wall, too. It really was inspiring.

Enough rambling. Off to try to finish Christmas decorations--we moved to our new home one month ago and just barely finished unpacking boxes but now with the Christmas boxes all over it looks like we are just moving in again. Argh. It's fun finding new places for all of our treasures but daunting as well. Hope to finish it today.

Good luck, everyone! Thanks for keeping in touch and sharing your triumphs and struggles.