Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tired but unable to fall asleep

I feel a kind of bone weary tired yet sleep is elusive. I really wish I had something to knock me out right now.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh I hate that feeling! :( Hope you get to drift off soon. Do you have any go-to movies that make good "white noise" that you can put on and listen to on low? Also, I have to have my blankly and the temp super low and the lights out except for the tv when I get like that!

Do you use a CPAP or anything? I find that I can't get to sleep unless I put my mask on. Otherwise, I get too restless...

One key thing to consider when you're having issues sleeping is electronics use. Some people recommend not using any electronic devices like your computer or phone in bed, because you need to associate your bed only with sleeping. So, don't sit and read in bed, don't study in bed... just use your bed for when you're tired. :)

Yes, I do have a CPAP. I can't lay down without it or I start to get short of breath. Well, I'll just kind of have to roll with the tide for the time being.

I feel a kind of bone weary tired yet sleep is elusive. I really wish I had something to knock me out right now.

Benadryl can be your best friend. All is good. You are on the right path to amazing health.

Benadryl is very unhealthy unless used for allergies short term and can be habit forming. Melatonin is better and our bodies produce it. Drs tell addicts that it is safe to use for a sleep aid because it's non habit forming.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Benadryl can be your best friend. All is good. You are on the right path to amazing health.

Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, itching, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, cough, runny nose, and sneezing. It is also used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness caused by motion sickness. Diphenhydramine can also be used to help you relax and fall asleep.This medication works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
This is from Web MD I have never heard of it being habit forming.

Web MD isn't a Dr and if you're using it for something other than what it's intended for, that's addict behavior. Most of us didn't get here by not being an addict of some kind. Nowhere does it say it's used for trouble sleeping. It says it helps by you falling asleep. Your brain is transmitted wrong signals. It's not healthy to take medication for something is not intended for. Any drug and alcohol counselor will tell recovering addicts and alcoholics to stay away from it. Not being able to sleep isn't an allergic reaction. The melatonin in your body has been changed somehow, more than likely from a big change such as surgery.

Benjamin Franklin said in Poor Richard's Almanck, something close to If you think you can represent yourself adequately in court, you have a fool for an attorney. Same for diagnosing yourself from WebMD,or even Wikipedia. Live physicians and surgeons---much better.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Exactly. Never trusted web MD.

Thanks for your impute but actually many Dr’s have prescribe for sleep before they move on to truly addictive meds for insomnia. FYI

Unfortunately there are so many drs that are legal "pushers". I've seen them prescribe ambien to known addicts. That's also why the opiate epidemic is so high is from the doctors over prescribing and patients not being educated.

I agree not to diagnose yourself with any app or research you do with out your Doctors impute. Web md just is a collection of info easily available as a guide not a Doctor’ professional opinion.