Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Procedure at 60

I was sleeved last June at 68 and all I can say is GO FOR IT!😀. Surgery was fine...no pain just some mild discomfort. In June I wore 22/24 now I’m buying 12’s and some 10’s. Mentally I’m much younger and now my body is catching up. Feeling so much better about myself! Off all meds. Downside is getting everything thing in each day...water, Protein, etc. This is very definitely an every day rest of ur life commitment for sure. If you’re thinking age is a factor, don’t ... you can do this!!!😀

No none at all. But then everyone is different. I’ve been lucky..no vomiting either. I think one of the keys is following surgeons orders about eating stages after surgery. I followed it faithfully to the day. I know of others who were eating things quite soon and eventually had problems. I just figured if I couldn’t follow the food stages after surgery then how was I going to do this for the rest of my life? Feel free to ask if u have questions and I’d love to know if u decide to go for it! Diane

1 hour ago, Chopin said:

Considering sleeve surgery at 60 years of age.

I did it at 61+

Do it if you have reached impasses/failures with other attempts to lose weight.

I will turn 60 in September, I am praying that I will have a surgery date by the end of March. Las Vegas here we come!

Lady in the room next door to me was 63, we went strolling around the ward together. She did very well:)

I'm 72, will be 73 December 26th, a RnY in my future early-mid March at Mount Carmel in Columbus Ohio. I'm looking forward to a longer life with a thinner and healthy body. I've always been pretty inside, it is now time to remodel the outside to match. Please join me on this journey ----the best is yet to come!!!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 62 and had my sleeve on 1/2/18. I had acid reflux prior to surgery and continue to take Pantoprazole post-surgery. I do have occasional vomiting that I believe is due to eating too fast; when I slow it down it isn’t an issue. I do have occasional diarrhea; not really sure why though.

I'm 65 and was sleeved in 10/2017. Feeling great - no real issues (I still eat too fast sometimes). I'm off 14 meds, and all my numbers (trigylcerides/BP/cholesterol/A1C) are amazing and my docs are ticked to death.

I wish I had known about it sooner as it has resolved so many chronic health issues. And in the TMI area, my skin is pretty resilient, but then I've only lost 61 lbs.

Best in your journey!

18 hours ago, AnnieGreen said:

(I still eat too fast sometimes)

Ditto.

I have to pay close attention to:

i) putting down my knife and/or fork and/or spoon between each mouth-load.

ii) putting smaller amounts on each forkful/spoonful. [My dietitian suggested using only teaspoons and cocktail-forks.]

iii) sipping my drinks AND putting down the tumbler/water-bottle/container between sips. [My dietitian suggested using drinking with a teaspoon from a wide-mouthed cup.]

It is very easy to lapse into forgetfulness. It's best if I eat at the breakfast-bar or dining-room table with the TV off and no newspaper or puzzle book open near me.

OLD HABITS DIE HARD but I am getting so much better.