Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you work out?

I work out daily (except Sunday) at lunch for cardio and M-Thursday I do weights after work. The lunch cardio is awesome for getting me ready for the afternoon doldrums.

I've tried both early morning, mid afternoon, and late at night and for me it doesn't make a difference when I do, just that it gets done. For now, I've been working out right after work, 430 or so. No matter when you work out, you'll have so much more energy. I find that I have a hard time sleeping if I don't work out for 2 days in a row...

I work out at night though I prefer to in the morning. It is much easier to find an excuse not to do it if you wait until the end of the day.

I resisted morning exercise for YEARS. I thought I was just one of those people who couldn't work out in the morning and that the world had it wrong when they said to get in your workout in the morning to feel the best and make sure it happened. Every time I'd try, I hit the snooze and made myself miserable trying to get up.

Then when exercise really became a part of my daily life, I just had to move it to the mornings to get it done. Now it's habit and I look forward to it. I sleep better, I have better energy in the day. It's "me time" before my day starts and I wouldn't trade it.

I get up at 4am to hit the Ymca at 5am and then finish at 6.20 change for work there and get to work at 7am. If i dont do it in the mornings it will not get done as i have 3 daughters waiting for me when i get home.

I HAVE to make sure im on bed about 9pm at the latest though and that sucks. Pretty much daily.

I exercise at night after 9 p.m. Sometimes it's as late as midnight or 1 a.m. Years ago when I was younger and in much better shape, I tried working out in the morning for about a 6 month period. Many days I got very nauseous while working out. And I always fell asleep at my desk by 2 p.m. I'm just not a morning person in any way, shape, or form. Nowadays, I get up at 10 a.m., work until 8 p.m., come home and eat dinner, get back on the computer to do more work, workout for an hour somewhere between 9 p.m. and midnight, get back on the computer and do more work, and then go to bed at 2 or 3 a.m. It's certainly not an ideal schedule, but I'm sticking with what works for me.

By the way, exercise has never given me more energy. In fact, it zaps what little energy I do have. I suffer from some severe thyroid problems, so I think that's why exercise does not affect me like it does others. In general, it makes me feel awful and the only reason I do it is to burn more calories.