Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What interests do you have that most people think is strange?

Mine is zombie movies, books and short stories. I love watching the films. I could probably just about give you a play by play of every George Romero zombie movie ever made. Funny thing about it is how I can love them so much, but, other than some people I've met on the Internet, most people do not like them. It started when I was just a kid and I am still, to this day, a huge fan.

Anyone else have some strange hobbies or interests that make people think that you're a weirdo?

Yep, antiquarian books. I collect books that are 150 years to 1000 years old. The books I love most are regarding medicine and the other is books on slavery from the Civil War era. I have one of the two remaining copies of a book that was pro slavery from the mid 1800s and mine is in fantastic condition, the other is not. It justifies why slavery is acceptable and a good/necessary thing.

Mind you, I don't agree with the book but I have always been curious how people could justify such behaviors.

Holding and reading a book that someone from 1000 years ago held and read... it's a very cool feeling.

Also, I collect antique medical instruments. I'm telling you, when they coined the term, "Practicing medicine," they weren't kidding.

Yes, I study medicine and psychology and have a huge collection of medical books and materials. I get very bored in classroom environments, which is why I chose technology over medicine as a career.

Yep...i have always raced radio control cars....there are tracks you can go to and do it....at one point i was even sponsered by a manufactuer...very expensive.

There is World champs and i went to the euro champs once..still playing with toy cars

:nervous Um, well, that depends on who you're talking about. Weird to my real-life family and friends? Sure, they'd think some of the stuff I'm interested in is weird, if they knew about it (I've never told them). But weird to a lot of my online friends? Nah, most of them are interested in the same stuff. First off, I'm into online fanfiction, generally of a very, very adult variety, in a big way. If y'all don't know what that is, I'm not gonna tell you, 'cause I know you'll think I'm a weirdo. :car:

Secondly, I'm very into wildlife, to the point where a dream vacation would be wildlife-watching somewhere exotic, preferably the middle of nowhere in Africa or Madagascar. Now, to other wildlife folk, that's something that they think is pretty darn tame and everyday. To regular people who screech at the first sign of a mouse or snake, it's a tad weird.

I'm a lover of paleolithic art. I have studied it for over 20 years, trying to make sense of the paintings and signs. I haven't succeeded yet, but who knows?

I am also a massive fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Luckily, he just wrote a new one and I'm thrilled. I have read and reread them a jillion times.

Just a military history buff. I love reading books and studying about wars and things of that nature. My GF gets aggravated when I control the TV remote because its always on the history channel or the military channel.

I'm pretty much obsessed with School House Rock. I mean, I know everyone LIKES School House Rock, but I like it so much that when I get depressed I put in the videos and they pull me out of my funk every time.

I am considered weird for what I do NOT do.

I never to to clubs, I never go to party's (in the teenager/early 20's sense of the word), I never go to movie theaters, I dislike bowling, I don't know how to skate, I didn't blow all my money at the strip club when I turned 21 (seriously folks, look but no touch?! I'll drive to Nevada and buy some legal 'companionship' where I can both look and touch!!!)

I'm obsessed with Taggart, the UK detective show. I own dozes on DVD. Love it. Love all UK detective dramas really,

That and running - I'm coming to understand that most people simply cant feel my love for it.