Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any june 2018 sleevers with pcos?

Yes! I have PCOS and my surgery date should be close to April. I'm having the bypass primarily because I was told that the pcos would get better or go away completely. I'm skeptical because I've been dealing with the pain, infertility and everything else that goes with it.

Sent from my SM-S902L using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm having the RNY because I had a choice, I was told there was a higher success rate and I have gerd. For you I would think having the bypass to start with would eliminate the need for a "trial surgery" and save you the pain and $$...? Just thinking out loud, I don't know your personal situation. Are you wanting to have kids? I heard that most women can get pregnant very soon after surgery

I have two kids already and a single mom on top. I wanted the bypass because of all the research says it's the best but my surgeon said that he wants me to get the sleeve first because of how young I am. Every time i meant how I think bypass might be the best I got told if the sleeve doesn't work than I will have to do the bypass in a couple years.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I have PCOS with insulin resistance and all the fun stuff that comes along with that, along with a leaky heart valve, pre diabetic, and fibromyalgia. I'm thinking March /April will be my surgery, I'm waiting on approval.

I have PCOS, have dealt with it for years. I’m having the gastric sleeve done next week. My Dr would not recommend the bypass due to how “young” I am. (Lol 32)

I have PCOS and surgery should be in late May or early June. My gynecologist wants me to get an IUD to regulate my hormones. Have anyone else went through this? I am really not sure about the IUD, I have had my tubes tied for 15 yrs and not planning on anymore children.

If an iud is the birth control that goes in your arm I had it put it and it ended up breaking in my arm. I kept telling my obgyn and he said it was fine. My boss came up to me and said that since I got it in I changed I need to get it taken out or my actions could get me fired. It was bad to many hormones at once made it so I got mad over the stupidest things. I got it out and went back to the calm me.

If an iud is the birth control that goes in your arm I had it put it and it ended up breaking in my arm. I kept telling my obgyn and he said it was fine. My boss came up to me and said that since I got it in I changed I need to get it taken out or my actions could get me fired. It was bad to many hormones at once made it so I got mad over the stupidest things. I got it out and went back to the calm me.

The IUD is a "intrauterine device" so it gets inserted through your cervix by your obgyn. I have issues with my hormones as it is so I think I'll stay away from the implant [emoji21]
Oh, and just FYI for anyone considering an IUD, it was an incredibly painful experience!