Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 minutes ago, FloridaGal1976 said:

We are allowed to have meat on our first week. We can have 1 Protein Drinks and an 2 Atkins type meals or meat with a vegetable the first week and then the second week 2-3 Protein drinks and 1 atkins meal or meat and veggies.

I've cheated. My first week, I ate smoked chicken wings and a grilled chicken breast. My husband ate a ham and cheese sandwich his first week too. Trust me, cheating is happening!! Hubby and I have stuck to it this second week but trust me, it's been HARD!!

HW 241
SW 238
CW 226
GW 130
Sleeve 3/1/18

Hi sorry new to this, I had cheated I am nervous my surgery is next Wednesday. I had travel away from home for an overnight appointment and I was surrounded by carbs. I pack my premix and mix shakes. I was stuck in traffic for 2 hrs and when I finally arrived to hotel I rave the vending machine. Bag salted mix chips 230 cal later hated but I refuse to jump back in the car and travel the remind of the evening I used my shakes. I am up 3 pounds on the scale so I must power through this week. I wish not for my surgery to be canceled due to my liver size. Stay strong . I will try to update my progress.
Highest weight 387, start weight 366,current weight 335.9
goal weight 165-168 height 5’8”

Well luv, you know you know better but you are human. Resolve to yourself I did it,but i'm not going to do it again. You are so close to your date, please don't imperil it now. Maybe you can call it a salty chip funeral? You want to go forward, not slide back into bad bad habits. Come on strengthen that resolve, stand tall and go to surgery. It will be worth the sacrifice.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Its just strange all the Dr's have all these different pre op diets.

I’m March 12! Today was day one of pre-op diet and I already cheated by having 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of cottage cheese. I’m supposed to do liquid only diet for 2 weeks but after reading about everyone else’s diet I’m not going to stress too much if I have one high Protein, low carb meal/snack in this first week.

I’m March 12! Today was day one of pre-op diet and I already cheated by having 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of cottage cheese. I’m supposed to do liquid only diet for 2 weeks but after reading about everyone else’s diet I’m not going to stress too much if I have one high Protein, low carb meal/snack in this first week.

Lol I heard you. My doctor place me on 1000 cal a day ketogenic diet. Day before surgery 1 Premier drink for breakfast then clear liquids diet. Drink 1 bottle of Clearfast between 6pm and 8 pm. Drink at least 2 quarts of fluids during the day. Day of the surgery I can have clear liquids up to 4 hours of the Surgery, 2 hours poor to surgery drink another bottle of Clearfast. My surgery is scheduled for 0730. My arrival time is o530 3/7. Here is my approve list of clear liquids and the Clearfast.Image1519789972.290678.jpg

Lol I heard you. My doctor place me on 1000 cal a day ketogenic diet. Day before surgery 1 Premier drink for Breakfast then Clear Liquids diet. Drink 1 bottle of Clearfast between 6pm and 8 pm. Drink at least 2 quarts of fluids during the day. Day of the surgery I can have clear liquids up to 4 hours of the Surgery, 2 hours poor to surgery drink another bottle of Clearfast. My surgery is scheduled for 0730. My arrival time is o530 3/7. Here is my approve list of clear liquids and the Clearfast.Image1519789972.290678.jpg

It's so close.... had my pre-op appointment today and everything went well.

Also had my transnasal endoscopy... It was an option to do it in the office and I chose it because I didn't want to have to go to the hospital to get a 'procedure' done. I have never been in the hospital for anything so I figured I'd let the surgery itself be my first visit. That transnasal endo is no joke. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced but fortunately it did not last that long. I figured if I planned to make it through sleeve surgery then I should be able to handle a peep at my stomach. I did handle it, but I'd like to never have to do it again. :)

Best part though, no issues at all so I'm going to move forward with my sleeve next week. yay!!

5 hours ago, charismatic said:

It's so close.... had my pre-op appointment today and everything went well.

Also had my transnasal endoscopy... It was an option to do it in the office and I chose it because I didn't want to have to go to the hospital to get a 'procedure' done. I have never been in the hospital for anything so I figured I'd let the surgery itself be my first visit. That transnasal endo is no joke. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced but fortunately it did not last that long. I figured if I planned to make it through sleeve surgery then I should be able to handle a peep at my stomach. I did handle it, but I'd like to never have to do it again. :)

Best part though, no issues at all so I'm going to move forward with my sleeve next week. yay!!

I just watched a YouTube video of this process. You are a brave soul and you did it! I’m so glad no issues were found. One step closer. 😉

I am March 5th as well!!

How are you feeling? The procedure went well thank G-d but I am up with throat pain.
Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, deirdreyr4 said:

Hi, March 5th too..Surgery went well.Sore at site where stomach was removed from.Had to get pain medicine twice since surgery.Was up and walking an hour after surgery and getting ready to dress, groomed and get back at walking.

Congratulations!