Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you feel you did the right thing

Thank you for your kind thoughts. This Monday's my big day. Six weeks ago, I was going though the daily exercise of watching my food intake and logging everything. What helped me a lot is that the daily routine became a habit and I'm now eating healthier. I hope your journey is going smoothly for you.

4 minutes ago, dlynch23 said:

Im day 2 post op and I’m having the same struggles. I know it will go away soon and it will all be worth it, but I his pain is real!!

You won't even remember the pain in 2 weeks...

I had the lapband in 2014, regretted every single day of it. I was miserable and sick for 2.5 years.

I took that out in 2016, and I'm now 3 days out of my new gastric sleeve and am so excited! I feel great 72 hours out and am looking forward to my new life (:

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery 12/28 and had lots of regrets and self-doubt for the first 2 weeks (I kept telling my husband that I felt "broken"... like I had taken a perfectly good body and destroyed it). Somewhere between weeks 2-3, though, I started to feel better. Weight was dropping off, I was starting to feel more human, my clothes were feeling loose, bowel movements normalized, my energy started to come back (a little at a time), I was figuring out what I could eat, etc. Now, at 3.5 weeks out, I have no regrets. I'm down nearly 40 lbs, my face is noticeably slimmer, and I can't believe how much I've accomplished in such a short amount of time. I have another 35 lbs to lose and I know it's going to go much slower than the first 35 but it feels doable for the first time in my life. You'll get there. Good luck!

I had my surgery the day after you

I cried in the OR and had to be soothed by the whole team. I didn't know I would feel that way, wasn't sure it was the right choice, scared to die on the table for something I didn't NEED (I'm low bmi, no comorbidities other than gerd and some ankle pain).

Post op day 1 was bad

now I'm not even a week out and I feel totally fine. I really do. incisional pain is now just annoying, no nausea, able to eat my stuff today.

Cant bear the Protein Shake to be honest I just cant, I'm supposed to sip one throughout the day to bank that 20-30g Protein but I just can't drink more than 1/2 of that without feeling miserable and gross. no nausea wise but i just don't bleeping like or want it i only want real foods (drinkable yogurt, homemade Soup, home made apple sauce, tea, prune juice for Constipation, water).

Absolutely zero regrets:) Wish i'd done it years ago.

No regrets, actually there are times I can't believe I even had surgery (did I do that!!). I am in a little see-saw stall but dropping inches and mostly feel great. I have a few food aversions but not concerned, I have great restriction and try to respect that but it is still a learning process.

Hang in there and learn your body's reaction to the process, be kind to yourself.

️" userid="332465"]My surgery was on the 16th. And yes I think it’s normal to question. I had a really lousy morning... woke up in a lot of pain today and didn’t feel well... prob
Since i struggled since the day of surgery to get my liquids and Protein in. Today ... I set a schedule and mostly stayed on track. I got in 42 g of protein ( a record for me) and feel so much better than I did this morning! Each day I notice I can get in more liquid and protein. While the guidelines are very important, I feel like my body is healing I have to listen to it. Hang in there and do a little more each day!

Thank you

What your feeling is completely normal. That being said it will pass. I'm 13 months out, 9 pounds from my goal and have zero regrets. Sure there are times that I wish I could eat more of something because it tastes so good or I wish I could have dinner and dessert or that I could justify a cocktail with dinner but those moments pass because I remind myself how much happier I am now than I ever was before.