Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Picture of Me!

TrishS

One picture of me is when I was 230lbs 8 years ago

and one of me now.. infact i took in the hotel room i was staying for my first Appt.

post-204265-13813131605002_thumb.jpg

post-204265-13813131605165_thumb.jpg

HAHAHAHA After I posted this I just had to laugh!!! Everyone posts pictures of them losing the wieght i just posted pictures of my gained weight!

But that what i want to fix...

Taking pics now is a good idea. You'll be able to look back and see what a difference your band has made, and you will feel soooooo good!

I agree with Blossom! I wish I would have more pictures of me preband. This was a great idea Trish.

Are you still waiting on ins.?

Yes I agree too more pictures Pre-banded, I always hated taking pictures.. you would see family holiday pictures and I was missing hehehe i would hide at the site of a camara, strange for me being photography is a hobby of mine. Now i try to take pictures of myself as offten as I can... Im even making a Scrapbook of this journey.

Yes im still waiting on the Ins. but they basically told me they would pay for it and gave me the Dr.'s name so im about 99% sure I will get it. but like everyone else i have to go through all the steps.. including the waiting!!

great GREAT idea about scrapbooking your journey.

What do you have left to do to gain approval?

Trish, that's an excellent idea! You're a beautiful girl in both pics! I dodged the camera for so long, I don't have any preband pics to compare with. But I came across one yesterday that was 2 years old. I just stood there and stared at it. I was stunned. I asked my son if I really did look like that. He just smiled and hugged me. Why didn't my family tell me? I think I was in such denial, minimum time in front of a bathroom mirror to brush my teeth and hair. I didnt want to look at me. I still see me as fat, but I don't think I really saw me for how big I had gotten.

A few months from now, those pics will mean so much to you!

Oh Marie I totally agree... the first picture 100lbs ago i look at that and cant belive i let myself go as if i didnt care...

You might still see your self as fat, but you are doing something about it, you are living healthy now and thats something to be proud of!

Paula, Im waiting to hear anything lol I just had my first appt last friday and he sent in all the paper work to my ins. Monday.. yeah 2 days ago.. so who knows what my wait will be. Hes really pushing hard for me to get this done fast...

I feel if i have waited any longer i wouldnt be around in 5 years and if i was i would be in a wheelchair.. my small 5'1" isnt strong enough to hold 330lbs im breaking...

What a neat idea! I don't have many pictures of me at my high weight, I would tear them up when we got them back or hide from the camera. Hopefully you will hear soon!

Trish I haven't known you long ,but I feel like you are a beautiful person and I think you always have been and I know you feel like you want that person on the in side to shine through and IT DOES ALREADY! I can't imagine how radiant you will be and how much better you will feel after you lose the weight! Watch out world here comes TRISH!!! (New and improved and ready for life).... thats my new motto!!!Hang in there and we can make it through!!

Ahhhhhhh you are a sweetheart!!! and yes WE will make it through!!! And no we havent known eachother long, but I already think of you as a good friend... and belive me I need one :) (((((((((((((( BIG HUGS)))))))))))

Hi Trish,

Just look at what you have too look forward too, that is such a lovely pic of you at 230 lbs. You remind me of myself a little bit. I started my band journey at 30 years old and 362 lbs. I'm still a long ways from 230 but much closer than I was 8 months ago. Best of luck getting all the final approvals and would love to hear more from you as your band journey progresses. Teresa

Oh your not that far hun.. you will get there as soon as you think... and when you do we will all Celebrate hehehe You are doing GREAT so far... what a great inspiration to me!!

WoW-Trish- what beautiful shots! Your going to get that insurance & start before I do! I am so jealous :0) Your a beautiful gal- like you, I used to take tons of shots-especially back in the day when I actually modeled a bit. OHH How I miss those days! Of course I say that chowing down on this Peanut Butter & jelly sandwich :0( It was a tough day I found out I can't even see the dietian for a mnth & have to BEFORE sending in for insurance acceptance. I was really getting ready & that just took the wind right out of my sails. anyhow had to vent. I love the idea of a preband photo & will put mine up before I get a date. Than we can both shed the years & pounds together!