Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

I'm super excited and happy! My doctor gave me the all clear. I'm waiting for the surgery scheduler to call me. The doctor is very certain she can get me in before the end of February. She assured me that I'll be on the 2 day pre-op liquid diet. This year long journey is finally seeing the gold ribbon at the end!

I am so ready to begin the next life long journey.

I’m Feb 22!!! Super nervous! Started gaining a little weight this past week . Scared the surgeon will cancel. Tore a meniscus while excersizing and ever since been gaining weight. Even while dieting. Help!!!

Mine is February 28th!! I am 47.

And my son is having the sleeve a day before on February 27th. He is 20

I just installed this app... still feeling my way around.

Best of luck to you both :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Jrk Hi and welcome. Hope you'll enjoy us on Bariatric Pal, I may or may not be having a RnY on February 15th, if you see any of my other postings the road to surgery turned tempetous recently. Ah I'll get through it somehow. I.m 5ft8in, high weight of 355, currently 323. 72 years old probably the oldest on here but like everyone else,i m in it to win it. I live in cenral Ohio, 14 miles from the geographic center which is Centerburg.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi kakatlady!! I live in Gold Coast, Australia.

Had to do some converting there as we do all our measurements in Kilogrammes!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and I am still trying to figure out this app!

Why are u unsure if u r having the surgery?

Hi! I’m having my surgery at the end of the month and I’m freaking out a bit. I know why I want to do it but I’m worried about the post op.
It’s just a lot to happen to the inside of you!

I have actually had a gastric band when I was too young and it didn’t work so now the sleeve is my best option.

I find that being positive about the whole thing really really makes a difference. But sometimes this whole thing makes it hard to sleep.

Any advice with feeling a bit anxious?

Thanks!! :)

I’m Feb 22!!! Super nervous! Started gaining a little weight this past week . Scared the surgeon will cancel. Tore a meniscus while excersizing and ever since been gaining weight. Even while dieting. Help!!!

I have a torn medial meniscus and torn acl that’s the reason I’m having this surgery to get to weight off my knees.

Mine is February 28th!! I am 47.

And my son is having the sleeve a day before on February 27th. He is 20

I just installed this app... still feeling my way around.

My surgery is on the same day as you! I’m 21 so around the same age as your son.

I think this is going to be great and it’s really nice to hear about another young person taking control of their life.

Wishing you both the best of luck. It’s going to be so great doing it together and supporting one another.

Sending good vibes!! :)

Well sit back, have a cuppa of tea and put your feet up. All my prerequirements are done, insurance submitted and back-God I wish we had universal healthcare, they make you jump thru so many firey hoops here. Lady named Trisha called from the surgeon's office, said you're set up for February 15th. Called back,later to set,up presurgery blood work. Lady#2 Well I don't see YOU on the surgery schedule so don't count on it. Sat and cried for 5-10 minutes, got,up and mentally dusted,myself,off and went,to,pay bills. Got back home 2-3 hours later and there's a call on ,my answering machine to please call them back. It is now 5pm and it turns out they left at 4pm. I played scenarios in my mind all weekend. Called them back yesterday,morning, first they couldn't find me on the records, then all they found was a record of all,the doctor consultations I completed,in January. So why did they call me? Duhh they don't know, of course they hadn't left a name or extension number and there about 60 people,in the room, I know this because they got peeved and told me so. Called the surgeon's office once again, had I received,my presurgical packet yet? Nope and the,mail for yesterday had been delivered. Then I spoke to Amber,my Bariatric Facilitator, kind of an ombudsmen between the patients and the Bariatric people. She is going to call or email Kathy, the head scheduler in the surgeon's office and request a face!to-face to discuss my case. Darlin' I'm not getting any younger and this is my last be d t hope at weight loss..I WANT THIS SURGERY! I live 50 miles, approx. 80km from my hospital in Columbus, not always easy to find transport but I've never missed an appointment. Amber is supposed to call me back today (tuesday) a n d I'm anxiously awaiting her call. Its can she or can't she, will she or won't she, cut me or don't cut me. My last.nerve is fraying fast and may just snap soon. I am getting frustrated, growled at my son who had done nothing to deserve it. Now you know the bulk to,my story.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app