Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe I was just insulted at my gym.

I'm not upset. Just bit perplexed by this.

Been at this gym for three years. I like to give off the I'm working out leave me alone vibe..lol. No make up, sweaty, ball cap and headphones on. lets people know this is not my chat time.

I was one of four people in the stretching area. It's a pretty quiet private area.

I have a bit of an idea of what this hand gesture is..But not totally. The three men in the area were not stretching . One was pretending to slide dollar bills at me quickly....Something to do with strippers.... right? When he realized I saw him he walked away freaking quickly.

Did they fold the dollar bills length wise? If so - yes.

28 minutes ago, James Marusek said:

Did they fold the dollar bills length wise? If so - yes.

Only an insult if folded bills...

Why are they are in the stretching area not stretching anyways? Seems like a rude gesture no matter what to me. I’ve never slid dollar bills at a stranger in a gym.

5 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Why are they are in the stretching area not stretching anyways? Seems like a rude gesture no matter what to me. I’ve never slid dollar bills at a stranger in a gym.

My gym is actually a great place and family friendly. Most people are respectful and friendly. Especially the gym regulars.

I don't know if it was an insult honestly. They were probably remarking to each other you were hot or something to that effect.

Don't get me wrong, they are pigs. But it sounds like a objectifying action more than a personal insult.

56 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

I don't know if it was an insult honestly. They were probably remarking to each other you were hot or something to that effect.

Don't get me wrong, they are pigs. But it sounds like a objectifying action more than a personal insult.

Puzzle solved.....Thanks

I so agree with @BigViffer. They were sayin' you were "smokin' hot" and that you were even "bill worthy."

But, yeah, pigs and immature...

But, if I ever get that response from someone, it will make my freakin' week. :D Just sayin'. I've never been a smokin' hottie in my life and would like to know what that feels like some day...you know. Bucket lists and all...

Congrats on your success hon.

22 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

That'll be $1 please.

Viffer said (1 - Guys - I'm flattered, really... but I'm straight.)

On behalf of the women and guy's here. Can we stuff a bill in your waistband ? I have to giggle your name could be announce at chip N dales.

Hope this is a compliment

27 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I so agree with @BigViffer. They were sayin' you were "smokin' hot" and that you were even "bill worthy."

But, yeah, pigs and immature...

But, if I ever get that response from someone, it will make my freakin' week. :D Just sayin'. I've never been a smokin' hottie in my life and would like to know what that feels like some day...you know. Bucket lists and all...

Congrats on your success hon.

Fluffy...I'm an old fart. I have to laugh at myself when I need a translation to a hand gesture. I'm that clueless.

Just to make your week girly...Tossing bills your way.

kenny-powers.png

Just now, jenn1 said:

Fluffy...I'm an old fart. I have to laugh at myself when I need a translation to a hand gesture. I'm that clueless.

Just to make your week girly...Tossing bills your way.

kenny-powers.png

bahahahahaha! *takes bow with gratitude*

(I'm a 55 old fart. ROFLMAO. I have to ask for translations all the time. Around here we call it, "Askin' what the captain REALLY means!)

That meme is hillarious!

I think they were remarking you were hot.

Report them anyway. The gym isn’t the place for locker room bullshit. Assholes.

I’d smile sweetly, walk away, and report them.

1 minute ago, bellabloom said:

I think they were remarking you were hot.

Report them anyway. The gym isn’t the place for locker room bullshit. Assholes.

I’d smile sweetly, walk away, and report them.

Come to think of it, I could be one of the people in the new's being sued for sexual harrasment..lol

I was raised when there was no political correctness...lol I think I have harassed a few people in my time. It's my warped sense of humor that gets me in trouble.

For me it's not a big deal.

Trust me, I have had worse happen.