Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe I was just insulted at my gym.

7 hours ago, JerseyJules said:

were they doing the "making it rain" gesture or did they actually have dollar bills out?? Sounds like a bunch of younger idiots to me, but in their mind they were paying you a compliment some how, some way...

Ohh that's what it's called. Yes, it was making it rain gesture. My post is because I seriously had no idea this was a thing.lol I feel like such an old fart.

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@JerseyJules Gotta know! What's the making it rain gesture? *snort*

i'm with you...Dang Im old I need translation...lol

On 11/28/2017 at 7:26 PM, ChaosUnlimited said:

Glad you have a good sense of humor about it Jenn1. I think I would have said something when he started walking away like, Hey, where are you going with my money? :P

At the gym I go to, the zumba class got so big they started having it on the basketball court and it's in full view of everyone. There was a guy on the upper level filming it with his phone, one woman noticed him, pointed him out, and a bunch of women got mad and went to get him. He saw them coming and left down another stairwell. He's probably lucky they didn't catch him. They reported it to the front desk and they now keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Love the comment back idea. He was a young..He ran away when he realized I caught what he was doing.

3 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

Its tacky but not an "insult". They were saying you're hot in a super cheesy way. There is no shortage of loser guys, crazy guys and stupid guys out there. At least the one had to good sense to be embarrassed and walk away ashamed. Some guys act a fool and talk a bunch of mess... then go home to their wives and act TOTALLY different LAME. Sorry you had to deal with these jerks. It sounds like your gym has a lot of good people and these three were the exception, not the rule.

10 hours ago, Amburmist said:

Interesting point Bella. Never thought about that but ur absolutely right. I can totally see that happening. Not necessarily with Jens situation, i just mean in general. Thanks for bringing that up. I will definitely try to remember that to be aware when i get my smokin hot bod (Im a newbie at ~2 months postop) ! Although, I'm like Fluffy, I can't wait to get oogled! Never been one of the oogled type of ladies, so bring it on I say!

Ahhhh.....aspirations!!

@bellabloom

This post was more that I needed translation..I had no idea what it might have meant...But, I get what Bella is saying.

I did use a compliment scale a few months after goal. I didn't know how to take a compliment. I had been invisible because of my weight. Took time to adjust.

• Compliment appropriate: Say thanks move on
  • Complement hilarious: Makes for a great story and NSV
  • Complement creepy: Walk away..or run lol

Honestly this was a rare occurrence. Not all guys are like this. I appreciate men that can give a decent compliment. And yes I mean men not boy's. Age appropriate please.

I think this weird guy is making it rain. You get the point. He might be a creeper though. LOL

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, jenn1 said:

i'm with you...Dang Im old I need translation...lol

Making it rain- ever see a rap video where the dude is just shuffling off cash from a large stack in his hands, in the direction of a stripper on the floor as if its raining $20 bills...IE making it rain!!!

29 minutes ago, DropWt4Life said:

I think this weird guy is making it rain. You get the point. He might be a creeper though. LOL

giphy.gif

yes, this....

2 hours ago, jenn1 said:

@bellabloom

This post was more that I needed translation..I had no idea what it might have meant...But, I get what Bella is saying.

I did use a compliment scale a few months after goal. I didn't know how to take a compliment. I had been invisible because of my weight. Took time to adjust.

• Compliment appropriate: Say thanks move on
  • Complement hilarious: Makes for a great story and NSV
  • Complement creepy: Walk away..or run lol

Honestly this was a rare occurrence. Not all guys are like this. I appreciate men that can give a decent compliment. And yes I mean men not boy's. Age appropriate please.

I will go out on a limb and say at times, certain women can be WAY WORSE when paying a compliment cause they feel the old double standard rule applies to them..I often had girls walk by, and literally say "Damn"....Or "hello, how you doin?" in the Joey from friends voice.. I have also been called Delicious, right here on these very forums..lol (granted I posted an underwear picture...lol..)

Edited by JerseyJules

3 minutes ago, JerseyJules said:

Making it rain- ever see a rap video where the dude is just shuffling off cash from a large stack in his hands, in the direction of a stripper on the floor as if its raining $20 bills...IE making it rain!!!

Is it the equivalent of being called a stripper?

1 minute ago, jenn1 said:

Is it the equivalent of being called a stripper?

Uh, not really...Just if you WANTED to be a stripper, you could...That type of weird compliment...

Edited by JerseyJules

3 minutes ago, JerseyJules said:

I will go out on a limb and say at times, certain women can be WAY WORSE when paying a compliment cause they feel the old double standard rule applies to them..I often had girls walk by, and literally say "Damn"....Or "hello, how you doin?" in the Joey from friends voice.. I have also been called Delicious, right here on these very forums..lol (granted I posted an underwear picture...lol..)

I agree, Women can be just as creepy. I'm always afraid to compliment men. Not sure how they will take it.

Question..Do guys get complimented enough?

5 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

I agree, Women can be just as creepy. I'm always afraid to compliment men. Not sure how they will take it.

Question..Do guys get complimented enough?

Not nearly as much as I would like them...And I have been told I am well above average looking, I believe the girls exact words were "VERY good looking.." and she was 21 years old and Im 43...So it felt good. I love to be complimented but some guys can take "oh you look nice" and interpret it as "I want to do you now"!!!! .....

I always like the old half compliment from women at work, "Oh you clean up nice".....

I just dont like when women I dont know well would say something that if I said to them they would make me the next sexual predator in the news..Thats not called for.. If i know the woman really well and its a family friend, it doesnt bother me as long as we are both on that same playful vibe.

Edited by JerseyJules

2 minutes ago, JerseyJules said:

Uh, not really...Just if you WANTED to be a stripper, you could...That type of weird compliment...

Whoa. I'm a grandma. - Trying to poke the senior citizen stripper visual out of my minds eye...

7 minutes ago, JerseyJules said:

Not nearly as much as I would like them...And I have been told I am well above average looking, I believe the girls exact words were "VERY good looking.." and she was 21 years old and Im 43...So it felt good. I love to be complimented but some guys can take "oh you look nice" and interpret it as "I want to do you now"!!!! .....

I always like the old half compliment from women at work, "Oh you clean up nice".....

I just dont like when women I dont know well would say something that if I said to them they would make me the next sexual predator in the news..Thats not called for.. If i know the woman really well and its a family friend, it doesnt bother me as long as we are both on that same playful vibe.

I was raised when political correctness was not an issue. My work environment was also mainly men. I was considered and accepted as one of the guy's. Things I have said could be interpreted as sexual harassment. Most of it is my warped sense of humor.

7 hours ago, jenn1 said:

I was raised when political correctness was not an issue. My work environment was also mainly men. I was considered and accepted as one of the guy's. Things I have said could be interpreted as sexual harassment. Most of it is my warped sense of humor.

Most men of our generation would welcome sexual harassment, the new millennial snowflakes and the PC Police however, may have an issue with it..