Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me pls !! [emoji24][emoji24]

Gastric sleeve on August 25

Lost 20 pounds till sept 15 including the Pre op diet.

Lost just one pound since then.. no weight loss whatsoever!!! Been over a month .. what kinda stall is this???

Most of us have experienced these stalls, it will pass. You might be losing inches. Some people increase their exercise. But a stall is a stall IT WILL PASS.

3 hours ago, 4ukay1 said:

Most of us have experienced these stalls, it will pass. You might be losing inches. Some people increase their exercise. But a stall is a stall IT WILL PASS.

I agree.

Ok, so it IS time to take stock. I went through your other posts, but didn't see where you said much about you.

What are your stats? Height, starting weight, current weight.

I think you said you used to take Metformin, but stopped. You may want to talk to your doc about continuing it because it could potentially help with weight loss during this phase. While you are talking with your doc, you may double check when the last time you had your thyroid levels tested and how they were.

Tell us about your diet/exercise routine.

I was sick for the first four months after surgery. I think I was just experiencing healing mentally, physically and emotionally.
BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE.
Gastric bypass on October 3, 2016

HW 353 (April 2016)
SW 321
CW 166 (November 2017)

Make sure you are drinking enough Water or liquids. If water is hard to drink try crystal light lemonade. Make sure you are at least walking every day if not exercising. Also make sure if you are eating it is the majority of Protein in your diet, and definitely don’t go over your calorie restriction. My group of buddies was told to intake 60 grams of protein a day.

The only other thing is you can become “backed up” even though you have not been eating a lot. So, Miralax or the generic is what doctors recommend, just to follow the directions.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Ok, so it IS time to take stock. I went through your other posts, but didn't see where you said much about you.
What are your stats? Height, starting weight, current weight.
I think you said you used to take Metformin, but stopped. You may want to talk to your doc about continuing it because it could potentially help with weight loss during this phase. While you are talking with your doc, you may double check when the last time you had your thyroid levels tested and how they were.
Tell us about your diet/exercise routine.

Thanks for your reply. My sugar is normal so I don't wanna go hypoglycemic with metformin. Diet is less than 800 calories a day, I take 2 shakes and some eggs / chicken / turkey in a day.
I walk 30-60 mins a day. 5 days a week. It's getting colder.
Start weight 258
Height 5'2

Thanks

https://www.livestrong.com/article/464146-non-diabetic-weight-loss-with-metformin/

Metformin isn't insulin, so it shouldn't drop your sugars.. of course medication needs to be discussed with your doc. Be sure to mention you are in ketosis.

It sounds like you are sticking closely to plan. You say you are under 800 calories. Try and hit 800 every day. Bumping it up to 900 or 1000 for a while might make a difference.

Do you notice your clothes getting looser?

Thanks for your reply. My sugar is normal so I don't wanna go hypoglycemic with metformin. Diet is less than 800 calories a day, I take 2 shakes and some eggs / chicken / turkey in a day.
I walk 30-60 mins a day. 5 days a week. It's getting colder.
Start weight 258
Height 5'2

Thanks

Take away 1 shake and add more veggies. Drink Water water water and do HITT cardio 3 out of the 5 days. If you don't have a gym membership then walk for 3 min and run as fast as you can for 10 seconds. Do this in intervals for 30 min. Do this for 1 week and I bet the scale moves [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

https://www.livestrong.com/article/464146-non-diabetic-weight-loss-with-metformin/
Metformin isn't insulin, so it shouldn't drop your sugars.. of course medication needs to be discussed with your doc. Be sure to mention you are in ketosis.
It sounds like you are sticking closely to plan. You say you are under 800 calories. Try and hit 800 every day. Bumping it up to 900 or 1000 for a while might make a difference.
Do you notice your clothes getting looser?

Hey thanks ! Yeah my clothes are loser but idk if it's from pre surgical diet ... I'll also keep a check on my inches from now

Gastric sleeve on August 25
Lost 20 pounds till sept 15 including the Pre op diet.
Lost just one pound since then.. no weight loss whatsoever!!! Been over a month .. what kinda stall is this???

YES!! I feel ur exact frustration right now!! Bypassed on Sept 13. Lost 9lbs the first week which was probably just Water weight, NOTHING for 2 weeks, had stomach flu for a week, couldn't eat so i lost 11lbs, then the last 4 weeks, NOTHING! So 20lbs since surgery 2 months ago but none of it was from following my plan, diet, exercise. The weeks of doing just that, the scale hasn't moved a dot! I'm beyond frustrated! Don't know what else to do. Here are my deets, per my teams instructions:

Max cals/day 600 (80g Proteins, Aerobic exercise 30-40 mins/day for 5 days/wk
5'9"
SW 310

I'm with the OG poster...HELP!!! What else can I do to get the scale moving? I thought losing weight was all about calories in v.s. calories out. Apparently not!

My team says i should be at goal weight between 12-18 months. How, when the scale won't move?? I admit I do feel inches lost based on the fit of my clothes, but to get to goal, the darn scale has to move! Please, keep the suggestions coming. I'm willing to try most anything!

I think what y'all have in common is SEVERE caloric restriction. Both of you are experiencing no scale losses, but your clothes ARE getting looser, so fat IS melting off. I think the super low caloric intake makes you hold onto Water extra long.

But, we don't care about water, we care about shrinking. So, keep to your plans, and don't worry about the scale.

If you really want the scale to move, a day or two of eating extra will help you release the extra water if it's bothering you so much. Just take care that a day or two of extra calories doesn't turn into a week or two.

(I'm not Keto, so I use sweet potatoes to boost calories.. if you are trying to stay in ketosis, use nuts).

I think what y'all have in common is SEVERE caloric restriction. Both of you are experiencing no scale losses, but your clothes ARE getting looser, so fat IS melting off. I think the super low caloric intake makes you hold onto Water extra long.
But, we don't care about water, we care about shrinking. So, keep to your plans, and don't worry about the scale.
If you really want the scale to move, a day or two of eating extra will help you release the extra water if it's bothering you so much. Just take care that a day or two of extra calories doesn't turn into a week or two.
(I'm not Keto, so I use sweet potatoes to boost calories.. if you are trying to stay in ketosis, use nuts).

Thanks for the insight berry. This journey is just smashing all I thought I knew about weight loss, because it's not as simple as CICO (cals in, cals out) like I thought it was. Such complexities! At the end of the day, we all want our hard work to be represented in our bodies, and, if we're being honest, in the number on the scale. I wish I could 'just know' that the number on the scale will eventually sync up with the fat that seems to be coming off. It's just super odd to me that the scale #'s aren't moving. And it's annoying to me that I've become obsessed with the damn scale. I never cared so much before. I knew I was big. Period. Lots of changes I guess, mentally and physically!

Anyhow, thanks for the insight. No one's offered that possible explanation so at least it gives me something to go on.