Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

Here is some info on it: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

5DPT: Daily food Plan:
On the 5 Day Pouch Test you will follow a dietary progression beginning with Liquid Protein and ending with firm Protein. This mimics the early dietary progression following surgery. Please click the "Read More" links to see each day in full detail. Hint: There is more to this plan than meets the eye with the seemingly simple dietary progression, please read the plan fully to guarantee your best success with this back-to-basics effort.

Days 1 & 2: liquid Protein
low-carb Protein Shakes, broth, clear or cream Soups, sugar-free Gelatin and pudding. Read more.

Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy.Read more.

Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.

Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game
Read more.

Whew! Thanks!

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

I have never done the pouch reset diet (pouch test) but I’ve heard mixed things about it. My doc says it doesn’t reset anything physically, but for me it is the mental and emotion stuff that I need to reset anyways. I’ve read some people losing 5-10 lbs and breaking out of a long stall & breaking old habits that snuck back in. I would like to try it as well. I have bounced between 170-175 for about 2 months now. I’m out of school for the summer and being home all day has opened the door for snacking. Im snacking on fruit but they are heavy in carbs 😞. I’m working on breaking that habit now and I think the reset is just what I need 👍🏼

I was stuck at 185 for a month and then recommitted myself to eating clean and stepping up my exercise. Then I dropped another five pounds in the past month with that approach. Are you logging your food and staying within your targets? Are you exercising 45 minutes every day? Are you drinking 64 oz of Water every day? If you can't answer yes to all those questions, then you need to make those changes. I couldn't answer yes to those things, so as frustrating as it was to stall, the problem wasn't with my scale, but my behaviors. I got back on the right track and am seeing the results. And I really feel great again and committed to sticking with it. I'm personally skeptical that doing a week of a reset is going to change things for us for the long term if we don't take those other steps.

51 minutes ago, LilaJane20 said:

I was stuck at 185 for a month and then recommitted myself to eating clean and stepping up my exercise. Then I dropped another five pounds in the past month with that approach. Are you logging your food and staying within your targets? Are you exercising 45 minutes every day? Are you drinking 64 oz of Water every day? If you can't answer yes to all those questions, then you need to make those changes. I couldn't answer yes to those things, so as frustrating as it was to stall, the problem wasn't with my scale, but my behaviors. I got back on the right track and am seeing the results. And I really feel great again and committed to sticking with it. I'm personally skeptical that doing a week of a reset is going to change things for us for the long term if we don't take those other steps.

You are absolutely right. I am overeating and not working out enough. I know the problem is with my behaviors. I'm back to drinking a few shakes a day, which helps keep my Protein up and calories down. Struggling to drink enough Water, but I bet that plays a huge factor. Thank you for this much-needed reality check!!!

I'm feeling a lot better and a lot more motivated now. Have been sticking with my diet and discovering new low-calorie, high-protein foods. Just tried Bone Broth for the first time - it's not bad. Definitely needs seasoning. scale is starting to move again. Still feeling like my goal weight is super unattainable, but I know it'll just take time.

I'm feeling a lot better and a lot more motivated now. Have been sticking with my diet and discovering new low-calorie, high-protein foods. Just tried bone broth for the first time - it's not bad. Definitely needs seasoning. scale is starting to move again. Still feeling like my goal weight is super unattainable, but I know it'll just take time.

OMG YASSSSSS Queen Adjust your crown you will get there

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

On 7/13/2018 at 11:43 AM, bogglesauce said:

You look amazing!!! How have you been keeping up your progress? It's been so hard for me to stay focused lately but today I brought a bunch of healthy Snacks with me to work. Trying to get back on track.

Thank you for the compliment! I most definitely have my days where I struggle for sure. When I am having one of those moments I sit down and read my journal about where Inwas and where I want to be. I started my journal before I had surgery. In it I wrote about how I felt about my weight and how it was affecting my health, as well as holding me back from doing the things I want to do. As I have lost Inha e wrote about the changes I notice in my health and all of the great things I can do now that i never dreamed possible. I also keep progress pictures in it. Sitting down and reflecting on those things gives me the drive to get back on track. It’s atill not easy, but it sure does help! You got this! We are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! You can do it and we are all here for support when you need it! <3. I have attached my most recent progress picture (face only) that I just looked at the other day when I as in a funk! It works! Give journaling a try and let me know if it helps you out. 🙂

HW 398 SW 336 CW 220 GW 175

FBBB3D95-497B-41E1-89FC-101E9EF6B5D2.jpeg

Edited by Crimsonqueen

Getting so close I can taste it! Might even try for 125 🤔 Happy Sunday everyone!

2A0016D0-4C3E-4492-8160-A40ADE72C83B.jpeg

E0E7FEC2-A85D-4DA5-B723-2996DD3F2880.jpeg

Edited by redhead_che

And A Happy Joyful Sunday🌈 from me to all of you from ME. I belong with the RNY people but I thought I would come over and visit, I have as many sleeved friends as bypassed. Do I have,a Surgical REBIRTHDAY twin over here? I am having mine September 5th At 7AM E.D.T. in Columbus Ohio at Ohio State University Hospital. I should be starting my prediet August 1stn although I had a choice of 2,3, or 4 weeks, I decided 4 weeks would give me the best degree of success. I hope I can stick to it, it doesn't look bad on paper. So let's be friends okay?👍❤😛❤

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And A Happy Joyful Sunday🌈 from me to all of you from ME. I belong with the RNY people but I thought I would come over and visit, I have as many sleeved friends as bypassed. Do I have,a Surgical REBIRTHDAY twin over here? I am having mine September 5th At 7AM E.D.T. in Columbus Ohio at Ohio State University Hospital. I should be starting my prediet August 1stn although I had a choice of 2,3, or 4 weeks, I decided 4 weeks would give me the best degree of success. I hope I can stick to it, it doesn't look bad on paper. So let's be friends okay?👍❤😛❤

Well hi there! Thanks for swinging by and saying hello! I havent hear of any of us November 2017 sleevers planning a RNY conversion for September, but that's very exciting! I also did 4 weeks for my pre-surgery diet and it made a huge difference. We're all about 8 months out now. I've personally lost 79 lbs and want to lose another 71 over the next 9 months.

If you have any questions or need help finding a thread with September RNY folks, let us know :).

2 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Getting so close I can taste it! Might even try for 125 🤔 Happy Sunday everyone!

2A0016D0-4C3E-4492-8160-A40ADE72C83B.jpeg

E0E7FEC2-A85D-4DA5-B723-2996DD3F2880.jpeg

You are doing amazing and look great! Way to girl and congrats!!!

Getting so close I can taste it! Might even try for 125 [emoji848] Happy Sunday everyone!

2A0016D0-4C3E-4492-8160-A40ADE72C83B.thumb.jpeg.cde002cc19322019ed33e2780cb33eb9.jpeg
E0E7FEC2-A85D-4DA5-B723-2996DD3F2880.thumb.jpeg.9a1bc4e4bc9dcd440dec6b3f43c9a5e4.jpeg
redhot_che !

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

I’ve been stuck at 147 lbs for three weeks and it’s starting to mess with my head. Today’s my birthday so I took some new pictures and looking at the comparison is really helping me deal with the emotional aspect of stalling and realizing how far I’ve come. I also bought myself a full length mirror for the first time in my life and I’m excited to hang it up!
@redhead_che - you look incredible and you’re an inspiration! I can’t wait until my scale reads that number, although my stomach will never look that good in a bikini 🤣

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

6 minutes ago, She_whirls said:

I’ve been stuck at 147 lbs for three weeks and it’s starting to mess with my head. Today’s my birthday so I took some new pictures and looking at the comparison is really helping me deal with the emotional aspect of stalling and realizing how far I’ve come. I also bought myself a full length mirror for the first time in my life and I’m excited to hang it up!
@redhead_che - you look incredible and you’re an inspiration! I can’t wait until my scale reads that number, although my stomach will never look that good in a bikini 🤣

Thank you!

Also, when I stalled for 3 weeks I was also at 147-148! Power through, you got it! :D

13 minutes ago, She_whirls said:

Looking great!!! Happy birthday!!!! You got this :)