Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

Here is my most updated picture. The bottom right is my heaviest weight of 398, the top right is in January, and the left is current. I was 336 the day of my surgery,  November 15, and I am down to 229 now. 🙂. Great job fellow sleevers!!!! ❤️

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

My weight loss is bizarre. Im not really trying to lose anymore (ok maybe a tiny bit) but it seems like one week my weight goes up like 4-6 pounds and the next it goes down like 8-9

Its consistently decreasing and im doing all the normal stuff weighing wise (same time clothes etc etc)

Im also getting near the point where I think it could be detrimental if I lose too much weight. I got rid of all forms of running, and only lift weights and occasionally swim.

Also starting to plan out probably having the abdomen tightened up when I reach my one year surgery anniversary. Its not really necessary, but I think it would be beneficial and self motivating. Especially since it drives me crazy that I can see most of my ribs, but my stomach looks a little floppy.

Edited by Mhy12784

I haven’t had the chance to take full body pictures this week but here’s the comparison in my face as of this morning. Left picture is at my highest weight of 282.2 lbs in January 2017- right picture is this morning- with a Snapchat filter to cover the bags under my eyes 🤣- at 150.8 lbs

image-0.0259876251220703.jpg

Hey guys I have been MIA. I had surgery 11/20 and although I have lost 67 lbs so far I can't help it feel ughhhh. Last time I weighed myself was 1 month ago and I have been on a stall for 2 months..... My weight scale needs batteries but I think I have left it like that purposely to not see the weight. I haven't been doing the best this last month to be honest is like I gave up but in the last week I started eating better but still I don't know.... I see people lose weight differently but can't help it see there are more faster loss then slower and it makes me think sometimes should I have done this and then I remember before surgery my weight was not coming off at all. I guess I'm writing this because I need to let it out of my chest. I feel bad not going to lie and sometimes I feel like I failed VSG but IDK. 7 months out................

I'm "only" down 60 pounds and my doctor says it's great. It happens, and you can't let it get you down. Just think - you never would have lost 67 pounds without surgery. I stalled for a month and then just this week lost 2 lbs. But you need to get back on the horse to stay on plan and exercise so you can take advantage of the weight loss time you have left. But the last thing you should do is put your head in the sand and not weigh yourself or be accountable. I don't get upset about stalls because I know I'm doing everything I can. They would be more upsetting if I knew I was slipping. Good luck!

07/05/2018 04:03 PM, Maryvsg87 said:

Hey guys I have been MIA. I had surgery 11/20 and although I have lost 67 lbs so far I can't help it feel ughhhh. Last time I weighed myself was 1 month ago and I have been on a stall for 2 months..... My weight scale needs batteries but I think I have left it like that purposely to not see the weight. I haven't been doing the best this last month to be honest is like I gave up but in the last week I started eating better but still I don't know.... I see people lose weight differently but can't help it see there are more faster loss then slower and it makes me think sometimes should I have done this and then I remember before surgery my weight was not coming off at all. I guess I'm writing this because I need to let it out of my chest. I feel bad not going to lie and sometimes I feel like I failed VSG but IDK. 7 months out................

Come on Mary lets do this! You got this ! Get right back to basics and watch the pounds fall off, we are here for you! Start tracking food again! Start following your plan again! You WILL succeed ! You HAVE succeeded already in so many ways!

18 hours ago, LilaJane20 said:

I'm "only" down 60 pounds and my doctor says it's great. It happens, and you can't let it get you down. Just think - you never would have lost 67 pounds without surgery. I stalled for a month and then just this week lost 2 lbs. But you need to get back on the horse to stay on plan and exercise so you can take advantage of the weight loss time you have left. But the last thing you should do is put your head in the sand and not weigh yourself or be accountable. I don't get upset about stalls because I know I'm doing everything I can. They would be more upsetting if I knew I was slipping. Good luck!

I know I'm going to buy the batteries today. I think that's the problem I am upset I am slipping and is my fault. Like there are day I do good and there are day I don't and sometimes is the emotional part of me. But I will push through this....

39 minutes ago, Tealael said:

Come on Mary lets do this! You got this ! Get right back to basics and watch the pounds fall off, we are here for you! Start tracking food again! Start following your plan again! You WILL succeed ! You HAVE succeeded already in so many ways!

Awwww Thank you this made my morning I can feel you cheering for me. I am I'm going to do the 5 day pouch test and start weighing myself again. I am going to download a food tracker what do you recommend? Thank you so much I really appreciate it! God bless!

On 07/06/2018 at 11:12, Maryvsg87 said:

Awwww Thank you this made my morning I can feel you cheering for me. I am I'm going to do the 5 day pouch test and start weighing myself again. I am going to download a food tracker what do you recommend? Thank you so much I really appreciate it! God bless!

Myfitnesspal or baritastic! Yes! Let us know how it goes ! You absolutely got this !

On 7/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, Maryvsg87 said:

Definitely MyFitnessPal! It's going to be okay - I fell off the wagon a bit too but I'm getting back on that horse this week and feeling better. You did not fail VSG! It's a tool to help us make healthy changes for life, but of course nobody eats perfectly 100% of the time. We can do this :) One day at a time.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:49 AM, Crimsonqueen said:

Here is my most updated picture. The bottom right is my heaviest weight of 398, the top right is in January, and the left is current. I was 336 the day of my surgery, November 15, and I am down to 229 now. 🙂. Great job fellow sleevers!!!! ❤️

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

You look amazing!!! How have you been keeping up your progress? It's been so hard for me to stay focused lately but today I brought a bunch of healthy Snacks with me to work. Trying to get back on track.

I'm finally past my halfway point to my goal! I went from 311 to 234. I should be happy, but I feel like I still have so far to go to reach 160. At this point, I'd be satisfied just to get under 200 and might even be happy at 180. I fell off my diet for the last few weeks, and I'm totally feeling it. Not sure why I seem to lose focus. At nearly 8 months out, I know I have a limited amount of time left to keep losing - after a year and a half, it's all maintenance. Intellectually, I know all of this, but I've been allowing myself to cheat and eat poorly and not exercise. Got back on track a couple days ago and the numbers on the scale are beginning to fall again. I think I need to start attending the support groups at my bariatric center.

I've had a few non-scale victories lately:

1. Last year, I was wearing size 22 jeans. I just fit into a bought two pairs of size 14 pants!
  2. Last year, I was wearing size 3 and 4 tops. Now I'm wearing size 1 and 0 tops!
  3. I've been able to find cute clothes to fit into at thrift stores.
  4. According to my BMI chart, I'm no longer extremely obese - now I'm just regular obese!

Sharing a progress pic - one is several months before surgery and the other one is a pic of me in my new size 14 jeans!

lemon crop.jpg

laura before 2017.jpg

Edited by bogglesauce

Sleeved 11/27/17 HW 453 SW 437 CW 323 lost 130 so far 103 to go to hit my goal feeling great it’s still a process and have to continually watch what I’m doing and eating!! On the left was at about 450 1/2017 on the right current 323 on 7/8/18

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

11 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

I'm finally past my halfway point to my goal! I went from 311 to 234. I should be happy, but I feel like I still have so far to go to reach 160. At this point, I'd be satisfied just to get under 200 and might even be happy at 180. I fell off my diet for the last few weeks, and I'm totally feeling it. Not sure why I seem to lose focus. At nearly 8 months out, I know I have a limited amount of time left to keep losing - after a year and a half, it's all maintenance. Intellectually, I know all of this, but I've been allowing myself to cheat and eat poorly and not exercise. Got back on track a couple days ago and the numbers on the scale are beginning to fall again. I think I need to start attending the support groups at my bariatric center.

I've had a few non-scale victories lately:

1. Last year, I was wearing size 22 jeans. I just fit into a bought two pairs of size 14 pants!
  2. Last year, I was wearing size 3 and 4 tops. Now I'm wearing size 1 and 0 tops!
  3. I've been able to find cute clothes to fit into at thrift stores.
  4. According to my BMI chart, I'm no longer extremely obese - now I'm just regular obese!

Sharing a progress pic - one is several months before surgery and the other one is a pic of me in my new size 14 jeans!

lemon crop.jpg

laura before 2017.jpg

Yay, congrats!!!

10 hours ago, a28doc03 said:

Sleeved 11/27/17 HW 453 SW 437 CW 323 lost 130 so far 103 to go to hit my goal feeling great it’s still a process and have to continually watch what I’m doing and eating!! On the left was at about 450 1/2017 on the right current 323 on 7/8/18

Amazing!!!