Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

That’s a nice diet. Touché

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

That is a nice diet ...she got lucky!

Just went to my one week postop and had my drain removed. Doing great overall, so I will not complain! Anyone else have a drain removed postop? I know some surgeons use them and others do not. It wasn't painful to have it removed, but since he pulled it, I fill like my stomach is full of air. Yuck. But I'll just walk it off... tomorrow.
Hope everyone else is doing well! And those on the preop diet, YOU GOT THIS!

Hey my surgery buddy! So happy to hear everything is still going well. I too went to my first post op appointment.

UPDATE:

The dr said I’m healing nicely and wants me to report back to see him in a month. He says keep following my plan and was a little upset i haven’t started my Vitamin regime but i ordered them all today on Amazon and sitting here waiting for delivery as we speak!

While i was at the drs i complained of excruciating and shooting pain in my lower abdomen whenever i got to sit down or if i turn suddenly. I have a big stomach but Dr said it from the Pannus hanging so low and gave me an abdominal binder to help with support. Now, the pain is minimal when i go to sit, I’m walking around more and getting up and downstairs better; i even did some light cleaning today.

Dr said i could start the purée stage since I’m tolerating full liquid diet so well, so i have been on Pinterest all morning looking up Gastric Bypass Stage 2 purée recipes and ideas. You will be surprised what you find, some people get pretty crafty! [emoji23]

Anyways, keep up with the good work and keep us updated!

Hey my surgery buddy! So happy to hear everything is still going well. I too went to my first post op appointment.

UPDATE:

The dr said I’m healing nicely and wants me to report back to see him in a month. He says keep following my plan and was a little upset i haven’t started my Vitamin regime but i ordered them all today on Amazon and sitting here waiting for delivery as we speak!

While i was at the drs i complained of excruciating and shooting pain in my lower abdomen whenever i got to sit down or if i turn suddenly. I have a big stomach but Dr said it from the Pannus hanging so low and gave me an abdominal binder to help with support. Now, the pain is minimal when i go to sit, I’m walking around more and getting up and downstairs better; i even did some light cleaning today.

Dr said i could start the purée stage since I’m tolerating full liquid diet so well, so i have been on Pinterest all morning looking up Gastric Bypass Stage 2 purée recipes and ideas. You will be surprised what you find, some people get pretty crafty! [emoji23]

Anyways, keep up with the good work and keep us updated!

I’m so glad your problem was rapidly “fix” some doctor be going round and round. I’m happy your are doing good and good luck with the purée .. make sure to share your favs !

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Congrats to all of the post-surg patients!!!

Hang in there to all the pre-op liquid dieters (oh you KNOW who you are ;) hahahaha)!! The end is near and you will be on the other side soon!

Happy Saturday in general!! I'm still hangin' in there and haunting you guys even though I'm not in the surgery cue any longer. My PCP and oncologist did write letters and sent their treatment/visit notes and the surgeon will resubmit on Monday. We honestly don't hold out hope, even though I can prove 6months of continual weight loss care by a physician. I think it's honestly gonna be end of Feb. or March before I get to have surgery. But I'm staying on plan and staying busy and letting go and letting God! :D Serenity NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DAMMIT! NOW I say! :D

We're gonna start putting the Christmas tree up, since I will not be able to right after Thanksgiving, but we won't light any lights until after TG! :D Does that count or am I still a schmoe for doing it early?

Edited by FluffyChix

Hang in there to all the pre-op liquid dieters (oh you KNOW who you are [emoji6] hahahaha)!! The end is near and you will be on the other side soon!
Happy Saturday in general!! I'm still hangin' in there and haunting you guys even though I'm not in the surgery cue any longer. My PCP and oncologist did write letters and sent their treatment/visit notes and the surgeon will resubmit on Monday. We honestly don't hold out hope, even though I can prove 6months of continual weight loss care by a physician. I think it's honestly gonna be end of Feb. or March before I get to have surgery. But I'm staying on plan and staying busy and letting go and letting God! [emoji3] Serenity NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DAMMIT! NOW I say! [emoji3]
We're gonna start putting the Christmas tree up, since I will not be able to right after Thanksgiving, but we won't light any lights until after TG! [emoji3] Does that count or am I still a schmoe for doing it early?

Thank you Fluffychix , the liquid diet is hell on wheels but I'm hanging in there, I can understand why people cheat but I'm not going to as I've come to far. Congrats to all post ops, please let us know how your doing on the other side?
Monday I have another pre-op and I have to stop all my Vitamins. This is getting real, good luck to all November buddies but best of luck to my fellow 27th November RNY buddies we've got this one more week, it's nearly our time YAY!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, PaulaUSN said:

Thank you Fluffychix , the liquid diet is hell on wheels but I'm hanging in there, I can understand why people cheat but I'm not going to as I've come to far. Congrats to all post ops, please let us know how your doing on the other side?
Monday I have another pre-op and I have to stop all my Vitamins. This is getting real, good luck to all November buddies but best of luck to my fellow 27th November RNY buddies we've got this one more week, it's nearly our time YAY!!

Oh mah gosh! You are SO close. This is getting super exciting!!! Can't wait for you to come back here an report how you're doing. Saying prayers sweetie!!! You got this. Good for you for staying the course, sticking the landing, and not cheating!!!

Hang in there to all the pre-op liquid dieters (oh you KNOW who you are [emoji6] hahahaha)!! The end is near and you will be on the other side soon!
Happy Saturday in general!! I'm still hangin' in there and haunting you guys even though I'm not in the surgery cue any longer. My PCP and oncologist did write letters and sent their treatment/visit notes and the surgeon will resubmit on Monday. We honestly don't hold out hope, even though I can prove 6months of continual weight loss care by a physician. I think it's honestly gonna be end of Feb. or March before I get to have surgery. But I'm staying on plan and staying busy and letting go and letting God! [emoji3] Serenity NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DAMMIT! NOW I say! [emoji3]
We're gonna start putting the Christmas tree up, since I will not be able to right after Thanksgiving, but we won't light any lights until after TG! [emoji3] Does that count or am I still a schmoe for doing it early?

Thank you .. I’m on day 5 and still kicking .. I’m glad that you aren’t gonna give up.. [emoji1374] that everything comes up well. I don’t Celebrate Xmas .. but my sister in law is already working on her tree. So I don’t think you are so early.

Hello sweet ladies! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!! :780_sparkling_heart::780_sparkling_heart: I pray that you have a lovely day filled with family and laughter with the emphasis on fam and fun rather than food. I'm so excited and happy for those of you post surgery, and who are doing so well!!!! And I'm cheering on everyone who is on liquids preparing for the really big day!!! You got this! Love all around!!!

My heart is still a little sore and sad that I won't be having surgery this Tuesday. *sigh* But still, every time I have this thought, I just have to run back to God and reassure myself that His time is perfect. There's a reason why it's been delayed! I'm muscling through the disappointment and am back on track after last weekend. But dayum, I still have 5 lbs of Fluid on me! Maybe it will get tired of hanging around and vacate the premises? Ha!

Today will be a quiet day--just Mr. Fluffy, my sis and BIL at my sissy's house. I'm about to go make a low carb/sf tiramisu for Mr. F. It's his favorite dessert in the whole wide world and pretty easy to make using only liquid stevia to sweeten it. He doesn't do well with artificial sweeteners or flavors--makes his mouth swell. :( I will make pumpkin yogurt with toasted walnuts for me. :D I'm a punkin girl. I think the rest of the meal is very low carb friendly and I will have a bite of my grandmother's infamous family dressing. I will be glad when we're through with this holiday.

I have the tree up, but only 1/3 decorated. I will officially turn the lights on tonight. ;) hahaha.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Love and kisses all around (no tongue)!!!

@PaulaUSN Congrats on 48lbs!!!! Wow girlie. That's fantastic!!!

@vanwest83 Congrats on 36lbs!!!! Yay!!! It's happenin'!!!

Edited by FluffyChix

Hello sweet ladies! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!! :780_sparkling_heart::780_sparkling_heart: I pray that you have a lovely day filled with family and laughter with the emphasis on fam and fun rather than food. I'm so excited and happy for those of you post surgery, and who are doing so well!!!! And I'm cheering on everyone who is on liquids preparing for the really big day!!! You got this! Love all around!!!
My heart is still a little sore and sad that I won't be having surgery this Tuesday. *sigh* But still, every time I have this thought, I just have to run back to God and reassure myself that His time is perfect. There's a reason why it's been delayed! I'm muscling through the disappointment and am back on track after last weekend. But dayum, I still have 5 lbs of Fluid on me! Maybe it will get tired of hanging around and vacate the premises? Ha!
Today will be a quiet day--just Mr. Fluffy, my sis and BIL at my sissy's house. I'm about to go make a low carb/sf tiramisu for Mr. F. It's his favorite dessert in the whole wide world and pretty easy to make using only liquid stevia to sweeten it. He doesn't do well with artificial sweeteners or flavors--makes his mouth swell. I will make pumpkin yogurt with toasted walnuts for me. I'm a punkin girl. I think the rest of the meal is very low carb friendly and I will have a bite of my grandmother's infamous family dressing. I will be glad when we're through with this holiday.
I have the tree up, but only 1/3 decorated. I will officially turn the lights on tonight. hahaha.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Love and kisses all around (no tongue)!!!
[mention=321124]PaulaUSN[/mention] Congrats on 48lbs!!!! Wow girlie. That's fantastic!!!
@vanwest83 Congrats on 36lbs!!!! Yay!!! It's happenin'!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Fluffychix to you and your family. Stay strong, when it's your turn you'll have a bunch of knowledge behind you. Much love to you and I'm personally thankful for you today.

2 minutes ago, PaulaUSN said:

Happy Thanksgiving Fluffychix to you and your family. Stay strong, when it's your turn you'll have a bunch of knowledge behind you. Much love to you and I'm personally thankful for you today.

Awwwweeee! And me, you, sweet friend!!! ((hugs)) My heart just grew 3 sizes and a couple of tears made their way to the sun! :D Love ya!

@PaulaUSN - Good luck tomorrow hon!!!! Will be praying for you. Can't wait for you to check back with us after surgery!!!