Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

Just reading about all the insurance drama is breaking my heart! I can't imagine having to jump through hoops like that. Canada may be freezing for 6 months out of the year, but I am grateful that I don't have to worry about insurance, and that my expenses are covered.
Hugs to all of you still waiting for your final approval, and sending healing thoughts for everyone who had their surgery this week. There are so many of us that I'm having a hard time keep up with it all !!

Thanks! [emoji847]

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

I called the doctors office and left an angry message, the lady that does the scheduling was nice to me when she called back but I feel like a jerk, going to try to do the surgery at the end of December so we can get some money together to pay the hospital. She did acknowledge I should have been told about the insurance months ago and that whoever told me the incorrect information should have not done that... I'm afraid I will get crap service now since I wigged out like a Cray cray... Oh well guess I'll find out! 😣

20 minutes ago, vanwest83 said:

Just received my order of unjury Protein chicken Soup and it taste really great. Highly recommended!

HW 367
SW 346
Revision from band to gastric bypass RNY on 11/6/17

I saw that as a flavor option. Was afraid I wouldn't like it so I didn't even sample it..

I called the doctors office and left an angry message, the lady that does the scheduling was nice to me when she called back but I feel like a jerk, going to try to do the surgery at the end of December so we can get some money together to pay the hospital. She did acknowledge I should have been told about the insurance months ago and that whoever told me the incorrect information should have not done that... I'm afraid I will get crap service now since I wigged out like a Cray cray... Oh well guess I'll find out! [emoji21]

Some hospitals have their own financing or take care credit. I would look into it. They are usually low in interest or no interest if you pay off the amount in the time allowed.

HW 367
SW 346

I saw that as a flavor option. Was afraid I wouldn't like it so I didn't even sample it..

It’s by far the best I’ve had. Since surgery all the shakes taste so sweet and awful. This has been such a depressing time for me. So the Soup made me happy

HW 367
SW 346

So apparentlyI won't be having the surgery on the 20th [emoji53] I called the hospital and apparently I will have to pay $1300 up front with Medicare to have it done. I really wish I would have known that before. The surgeon's office told me it would only be "around a $200 deductible" I will have to call and try to get it rescheduled tomorrow. I'm super bummed.

When i read your post my heart sank! I’m going to pray that everything goes well for you and you and your family are able to get the money you need to proceed with the surgery!

Hi guys [emoji1480]! Just 4 days out and I’m actually feeling okay (TODAY). I pray for those who are not having a successful recovery and that things start to get better. [emoji1488]

UPDATE:

Honestly, the past few days I was feeling like crap! I was nauseated and dizzy but because Ive had nothing but Clear Liquids in my system nothing was coming up, AND THE GAS...has been constant! The gas has been the worse thing to deal with during these past few days. But I kept drinking my liquids and walking around, which seemed to help a little. Since, I have a allergy to codeine I couldn’t take Tylenol 3, which is generally the standard, but they gave me Percocet.

Finally, this morning I couldn’t take it anymore so decided to have some oatmeal (which I️ do not suggest), i had two spoonfuls and immediately started feeling like a new person! I stop feeling nauseated, light headed and dizzy. I’m back up and walking around; I️ even went for a walk outside today! I️m so glad it worked because it had gotten so bad yesterday that I️ was in bed all day sick as a dog. So, after the oatmeal incident this morning my husband and I both agree that the Percocet is just too much to handle on an empty stomach and I’ve decided to start the week 2 diet early, just so i can tolerate the meds. And So far so good [emoji4][emoji1474]

On 9/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, Hopeful in Wake said:

November 15 here!!

Me too!

Hi guys ! Just 4 days out and I’m actually feeling okay (TODAY). I pray for those who are not having a successful recovery and that things start to get better.

UPDATE:

Honestly, the past few days I was feeling like crap! I was nauseated and dizzy but because Ive had nothing but Clear Liquids in my system nothing was coming up, AND THE GAS...has been constant! The gas has been the worse thing to deal with during these past few days. But I kept drinking my liquids and walking around, which seemed to help a little. Since, I have a allergy to codeine I couldn’t take Tylenol 3, which is generally the standard, but they gave me Percocet.

Finally, this morning I couldn’t take it anymore so decided to have some oatmeal (which I️ do not suggest), i had two spoonfuls and immediately started feeling like a new person! I stop feeling nauseated, light headed and dizzy. I’m back up and walking around; I️ even went for a walk outside today! I️m so glad it worked because it had gotten so bad yesterday that I️ was in bed all day sick as a dog. So, after the oatmeal incident this morning my husband and I both agree that the Percocet is just too much to handle on an empty stomach and I’ve decided to start the week 2 diet early, just so i can tolerate the meds. And So far so good

I’m glad to see you are doing well today, again wishing you a well nice recovery, also it’s ok to have oatmeal soo soon? I tho the idea was the stomach was not “so heal” to withstand the heavy ness.
I pray that you keep feeling better .. but tell your doc, I get scared to complications( god forbid)

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

I’m glad to see you are doing well today, again wishing you a well nice recovery, also it’s ok to have oatmeal soo soon? I tho the idea was the stomach was not “so heal” to withstand the heavy ness.
I pray that you keep feeling better .. but tell your doc, I get scared to complications( god forbid)

Yes I️ understand! I haven’t had anymore just gonna stuck with the Protein Shakes and other approved stuff on the week 2 diet! But i had to do something because that Percocet was killing me!

[mention=320965]Luisajfc[/mention] I'm so sorry you still haven't heard!!!! ((hugs)) Call tomorrow!!! Do not wait!!!
I had a TERRIBLE doc visit. OMG!!!! I now wish I had called last week!!! The front office spaced it and didn't submit me to insurance! I was crushed. There were tears, terse words with the assistant, STRESSSSSSSS, clinic managers. Holy cow. I can say the surgeon and clinic manager were solid gold through it. But I left an emotional mess. At first I thought I was gonna have to wait the 6-8 weeks for insurance approval! But the clinic manager told me they are trying to rush it through insurance approval so we will hopefully hear back on Monday. I have a tentative "goal" date anywhere from 11.28.17-12.05.17. Saying prayers.
In the end, they were super duper and the front office and I made up, but I was a complete and utter wreck. I feel so drained. Massive headache. Have been teary all day and just feel rough and pretty sad that it had to be that way. (All because I went to an RD from the surgeon that was out of our hospital group. So the RD records weren't in the computer where they were supposed to be. They were waiting in emails. So I lost 18days waiting patiently.
*heavy sigh* I really HATE dramamama stuff!

OMG how horrible!!! I'm so sorry that all happened! That's crazy! But so glad you finally have a rough date for surgery! You'll know for sure sometime this next week! Yay! [emoji106] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

So day 4 post op. Feeling a little better each day. Just got released from hospital yesterday. Now just trying to drink, drink, drink.

Hey, why did you have to stay in the hospital so long? I am day 2 post op, came home yesterday evening. The doctor was planning on keeping me another night because he reviewed my swallow test scans and said my small bowel or something looked stunned so they wanted to make sure I'd be able to take down liquids but I told him I already was, with no trouble. So he said if I felt up to it, I could go ahead and go home. I just knew I would sleep better and just be more comfortable in my own home. It's been rough though. I honestly didn't expect to hurt so much. All over!! And to hurt with any movement. [emoji20]

Hey, why did you have to stay in the hospital so long? I am day 2 post op, came home yesterday evening. The doctor was planning on keeping me another night because he reviewed my swallow test scans and said my small bowel or something looked stunned so they wanted to make sure I'd be able to take down liquids but I told him I already was, with no trouble. So he said if I felt up to it, I could go ahead and go home. I just knew I would sleep better and just be more comfortable in my own home. It's been rough though. I honestly didn't expect to hurt so much. All over!! And to hurt with any movement. [emoji20]

I went home less then 24 hours after mine. I probably should of stayed. But I missed my bed and didn’t enjoy being awoken every few hours

Hello everyone, I’m new to the message boards and wanted to say hi! I’m 5 days post-op rny. It’s been a roller coaster so far! The pain was indescribable. I knew to expect a little, but I had so much gas pain and everything hurt. Luckily, with meds and walking, the pain subsided. I have a bit of pain when I breathe in deeply, but it’s almost all gone. I’m amazed at the progress I’ve made as far as consuming clear liquids and now to full liquids. I’ve been able to keep everything down, luckily. The head hunger has been tough, though. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. I know a lot of others deal with this. I just want to be normal again and able to eat, but of course in a healthfully way. Anyone else having the same thoughts? Thank you! [emoji5]