Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Javier De la Garza- Monterray Mexico

Hi, I am about to be banded on January 28 2005. I am so excited! I feel I am getting a real chance in fighting and winning my battle with obesity. I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 231 lbs. I feel this is going to save my life! With that said, I am also scared out my mind. I am going to Mexico to have an operation because my insurance here in the US won't cover it and it's too expensive out of pocket. Does anyone know this doctor? I found him on the site of litenfree.com. The surgery will be perform at the OCA hospital in Monterray. Thanks

Did you try doing a "search" here with his name? I'm sure some of our many Mexican Bandsters will be on here tomorrow and give you some answers. Just please be sure that you've researched your surgeon and the hospital thoroughly. Find out how long he's been banding patients, what type of band will you receive, any patient complaints, his aftercare program (is he easy to contact). Please have your aftercare lined up. If you plan to have an American fill dr., then call that dr. direct and confirm that he/she will accept a Mexican Banded patients. Many will not. You must know what your aftercare plans are for your band to continue to function and in the event of an emergency. Best of luck to you for a safe surgery and healthy recovery!

thanks for the advice. I did look at his credentials on an independant site re: obesity and he's seems to be an outstanding doctor. But credentials are one thing, how past clients view is more telling

You are very wise to check and double check your surgeon. Research as much as you can between now and your surgery date. There is so much to learn and a lot of information available in old threads. Best of luck to you!

Hey amoro,

Ive just had my lap band surgery a few days ago with Dr, Javier in Monterrey. I can truely say he is a professional. All the staff are so friendly at Lite n free. I just got home today. Im feeling ok. Every day gets easier. Ive experienced a lot of pain particularly in my shoulder blade. I thought it was due to the way I was sleeping but thanks to this site I found it is down the the gas.

Hi everyone,

Just one to say that I had inquired with another reputable dr. and now I was told by the other doctor (not the one I chose) that the one I did choose was not so hot. That his med. facility OCA hospital was really old. And that though I got some references with my buddies here at the forum, that some people from the forum were actually employees of the doctors who did this to recruit patient. Is any of this true or was this just in bad taste.

" OCA hospital really old", thats crazy talk. Anyway it shouldnt really be about the conditions its the surgeon thats important. If your repuatable doctor was so comfortable with his own situation he wouldnt feel the need to knock another surgeons work on absolutely no ground but facillities.

The operating room is exactly like any other. Dr. javier attends conferences all around Europe where I might add the whole lap band surgery originated.

Anyway if u do go to Mexico you will find out for yourself. I do not work for them by the way. I dont even live in the USA.

Well good luck with ur surgery if u decide to go ahead with it.

Amoro

It has been thought that some of the people posting on behalf of their Dr. are true patient coordinators trying to recruit, but on the other hand there are several people here who truly believe in their surgeon and will post their possitive experience. Iam one of them I love my Dr. and if anyone is sitting on the fence as to who to choose, if they ask me I will tell them all about my experience. I do find it odd though that another Dr. would bash another Dr., that seems very un professional and un ethical but despite what bkacknamaste says...the condition of the facility you will be having suregery in does matter...a sterile clean environment is very important as well as an experienced surgeon.

I agree with both of you, I believe there should be no bashing and the hospital should be clean and up to code. I have chosen to continue on with my surgery and not listen to what I was told. I have done extensive research and am confident with the doctor I have chosen. Thank you all for responding. Blacknamaste, thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. De La Garza. I will let you all know how it went when I return this Sunday.

Guest DwayneBreeden

When I made my statements about Dr. De La Garza I was serious about what I said. A person and their staff can seem friendly, nice, attentive and with the best intentions. However, when something goes wrong a persons true character comes out. When you are about to DIE, things seem to take on a different tone. Most often people try and cover their mistakes and send you on.

Also I have tried to contact OCA hospital, if anyone knows the telephone or fax number could you please supply this for me. Please add the country codes.

Thank You

Dwayne Breeden USA

Detroit, MI

313-331-8423

Guest DwayneBreeden

Thank You Amoro68