Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to site and just had surgery yesterday

Hi All... my name is Amy and I just had my lap band placed yesterday. Still in recovery mode... I am very happy:whoo: that I found this site so I can talk to others who have went through it before as well.

And to talk to those thinking about it.

Looking forward to making new friends.

God Bless!

Amy

Hi All... my name is Amy and I just had my lap band placed yesterday. Still in recovery mode... I am very happy:whoo: that I found this site so I can talk to others who have went through it before as well.

God Bless!

Amy

Hi Amy!

Welcome!

Congratulations on saving your life! :whoo:

Welcome, Amy!

Congratulations on your surgery. I look forward to hearing about your journey!

How are you feeling? Having much pain. I don't have a date yet but am so anxious. Good luck. I'm happy for you. On a scale of 1-10 how much pain did you have?

Donna

God Bless!

Amy

:welcomeB: Amy - This is a great place for info - support etc - go to monthly support groups and look for october and join that group too.

Blessing ....

How are you feeling? Having much pain. I don't have a date yet but am so anxious. Good luck. I'm happy for you. On a scale of 1-10 how much pain did you have?

Donna

I feel good, right after the meds kick in. No really - it isn't really that bad. The worse part is the gas they fill you with to make room for the tool movement. Getting rid of that gas was / is wonderful!!!! It is CO2.

Other than that, imagine getting cut by something on your arm - the pain is the same as getting just any regular ole cut. BUT if you overdo it (like I did today) then it hurts really bad until the meds kick in. Then you are brought back down to reality that "Hey, I just had surgery yesterday - I better take it slow!"

The Bracelet for nausea is WONDERFUL!!!! I am already looking for a replacement for when this one dies (since the batteries are not replaceable).

It helps tremendously.

So... overall - I say it is all good. I still am trying to get over the fact that for TWO WHOLE DAYS already I have had nothing but liquids and am not dying for food. That is the most amazing feeling... not being hungry is ... different and so liberating. :whoo:

Anyways, good luck and thanks to all the well wishers!! I have given myself a new BIRTHDAY - it is October 12th! :)

Amy

I am so happy for you ABC. My new birthday will be November 1. The number one thing I am terified of is nausea. Was the Bracelet part of your doctors thing or did you purchase one elsewhere?

Congratulations on your new life.

Bobbi:nervous

God Bless!

Amy

Hi Amy thanks so mcuh for your post - great to know that the pain 24 hours after surgery is minimal as I am still trying to figure out how any days I want off work when the time comes! Take care!

I am so happy for you ABC. My new birthday will be November 1. The number one thing I am terified of is nausea. Was the Bracelet part of your doctors thing or did you purchase one elsewhere?

Actually, I didn't know anything about it until I woke up with it on. It was definitely a doctors thing. Works great. It is called the Relief Band Device. Definitely ask your doctor for one - or at least a script for one. Works wonderful!!!

I can even dial it up when I get real bad nausea or dial it down if I have none.

So far - so good!

Hello everyone I am new to the site I have my surgery in Richardson, TX Dr Benividias on 10/31/07. I am nervous. starting to second guess myself regarding the cost and the results. Ill keep reading for encouragement.

Hello everyone I am new to the site I have my surgery in Richardson, TX Dr Benividias on 10/31/07. I am nervous. starting to second guess myself regarding the cost and the results. Ill keep reading for encouragement.

Don't second guess yourself... It will be the best thing you ever did...

However - the funny thing is is that yesterday when I got home and had the gas pains, I told my hubby that I didn't want to do it anymore... LOL :Banane10: Other than that - so far it is great! I can already notice a difference. Keep the faith!

Just remember - if God brought you to it, He can bring you through it!

Amy

Hi Bobbi, I believe nausea patches/bracelets are standard after the surgery. I have heard that they sometimes use a nausea patch placed behind the ear as an alternative to the bracelet.

My first consult is scheduled tomorrow, Monday, Oct. 15th. I'm extremely excited. It is great to read what you all have to say. Does anyone know what the doctor does the first visit besides weighing in?

My first consult is scheduled tomorrow, Monday, Oct. 15th. I'm extremely excited. It is great to read what you all have to say. Does anyone know what the doctor does the first visit besides weighing in?

I had a first consult about 2 years ago when I first looked into lap banding (at the time I choose not to continue because my family convinced me to give dieting one last try).. The doctor weighed me..asked me if I had any questions about the surgery..then gave me some pamphlets to read about what to expect with the process and told me to go away..read them, fill in a checklist about my lifestyle and then make another appointment if I was ready to go ahead with the surgery.

<p>. My name is Emma and Im from NJ. Im being banded on 10.18.07. </p> <p&gt Im also new to this site. Did you have a lot of pain after you woke up from surgery? Was any vomiting involved from anesthesia? How do u feel now?</p> <p>Looking forward to your response.</p></p>