Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jealous of others on here

@GBLady41 Bullying? You're kidding right? When someone questions my motivation or ability to succeed by falsely judging.. you bet your ass I'm going to slap back. Please keep your irrelevant opinion to yourself. Some peoples kids I tell ya...

Not judging anyone. Just guessing like I said. No cape wearing here.

I was speaking in generalities about tendencies.

Didn't say one word about you. Just how your own brief description of your story (knife fight with your doctor, you never elaborated on that) impacted ME.

I actually DO know that about Canada. And I know there are great surgeons in Mexico.

I'm just making guesses about long term success based on traits exhibited. And you've exhibited a lot of them here. But you may be completely different in real life.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:25 PM, Mersh said:

Anyways, I am now capping my calorie intake to 1000 because if I don't watch it, those slider foods/grazing can definitely sneak my calories higher than that.

I'm glad you have a plan. What are your Protein goals?

@Berry78 right now I'm hitting 80-90 consistently but in a couple week when I move to full solid food I want to be above 100-120

11 minutes ago, Mersh said:

@Berry78 right now I'm hitting 80-90 consistently but in a couple week when I move to full solid food I want to be above 100-120

Awesome! A tall guy like you can use it. Work on gradually increasing your calories to 1200-1300 then stay put throughout most of the weight loss phase. When you start getting closer to goal, you can toy with your macros more.

@BigViffer is a good person to listen to (take his advice more than mine)

20 hours ago, Mersh said:

So I unapologetically do so. And I am stubborn enough (to the point of getting in a knife fight with my surgeon) to loose this weight. So I'm not worried.

you're weird.

@JohnnyCakes can no one take a joke. The whole "knife fight" thing was supposed to be funny. I call my incisions my stab wounds... come on now

54 minutes ago, Mersh said:

@JohnnyCakes can no one take a joke. The whole "knife fight" thing was supposed to be funny. I call my incisions my stab wounds... come on now

oh. i get it now. carry on.

btw - getting back to your original post re: struggling with hunger... i find that exercise increases my hunger significantly. if i don't exercise, i'm generally not hungry. not saying exercise is bad, and i'm sure it's okay to consume a little extra food to compensate, but don't eat more calories than you burn, that's where it can be counterproductive.

Edited by JohnnyCakes

On 8/13/2017 at 11:15 PM, summerset said:

Be grateful that you're the one without issues. I'm glad I can eat most things at least in little amounts (apart from a few foods that I already couldn't stomach that well before surgery).

Not sure though why you're so surprised that you can handle "carbs". You're a sleeve not a bypass according to your profile. Sleeve patients rarely dump.

Summerset, I have a sleeve and I dump like crazy. Its not exclusive to bypass patients, just more extreme. If I eat anything with potatoes (mashed potatoes while on puree for instance) it puts me into horrible dumping syndrome. Sugar, and dairy does the same thing.

23 hours ago, Mersh said:

@bschmidt25 Trust me. That will pass quicker than you'll realize. I can now drink normal again. The whole sipping Water also was lost on me pretty early on. I still struggle to get enough Water, largely because I dont carry a bottle with me everywhere I go, which I probably should.

Right now my day usually consists food wise.

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with a little salsa

11am snack - Protein Shake (45-55g of protein) that I nurse into the afternoon.

lunch - some deli meat and some cheese or a puree Soup

Afternoon snack - pepporoni stick or a sf Jello (or two)

Supper - 1/2 canned chicken with light mayo and buffalo sauce

Night snack - handful of Whisps or nuts or sf pudding.

My crutch is the late night need to crunch. Thats a habit I'm working on breaking. Rice cakes and gum are my work around. But I think I might need to go cold turkey all together. The mental game is far harder than the physical.

I'm getting around 90g of Protein per day but want to up that eventually when I move into full solids in a week or two. My water intake is currently around 1.5-2 liters. (50-70 oz)

Have you tried the Parmesan crisps? you can buy them at costco or make them and they are zero carbs! I eat Keto so the fat doesn't prevent me from eating them.. and they are crunchy, like a replacement for chips.. also you can have pork rinds.. high Protein and no carbs.. hang in there! You're doing great!!

[mention=322806]Mersh[/mention]you are kinda being an aggressive prick. You post a topic, you open up the conversation, then don't like the path the conversation follows.
It sounds like you are doing awesome and are very successful. You have a solid plan to live your life and meet your goals. You have a dietician and a trainer and "get all the advice you need" .
If you have all the support and all the information and don't enjoy the opinions of others to support you, then might I suggest you stop visiting this site. You seem to have support all around you.
And yes this is my opinion and judgment based on your sarcastic bullying remarks to a perfect stranger on a social media site.

I agree totally! There seems to be a deeper reason for the aggression from @Mersch outside of the posting of the opinions of others. I have the suspicion that perhaps there was bullying, judgement, or teasing as a child or teen, which is why every other post on the board from him is laden with accusations of "judgement or belittling". This is unfortunate because life is filled with instances where opinions will be given, especially in an environment such as this. It is mind blowing to think how he possibly handles himself in the workplace when given instructions or constructive feedback about job performance. Perhaps, there is a need for a more intense work with the psychotherapist, as medication may be needed for hormonal imbalance (mental illness). Just to clarify, this is a forum. Opinions WILL be given, and they will not always align with his.
So, #TakeTheMeatAndThrowAwayTheBones
#KeepItMoving

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

[mention=320385]JohnnyCakes[/mention] can no one take a joke. The whole "knife fight" thing was supposed to be funny. I call my incisions my stab wounds... come on now

Had no clue. Don't forget we can't get tone of voice on a message board.

@MochaKelly Keep wearing that cape there fella. Again you and others are saving me so much $ on my psychiatrist bills...

I'll be tossing you in the bones pile...

@Sara Bronson Yea Whisps are awesome and are a staple in our house as my wife is also running a Keto diet.

I can't do Pork rinds. Never been a fan.

Edited by Mersh