Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nerved out[emoji33]

I am getting surgery the 24th and I am freaking out. Wondering if I made the right decision like second guessing everything. This is my first surgery maybe that's why I am like this. Looking for support and comfort stories from people that went though this. I know once I do it I will be so happy but I'm so nerved out all I can think about is the surgery. I am scared of complications or anything like that. Help me out!!!

There are literally thousands of posts on this site from people who have had the surgery and 99 percent, at least, say that it's the best decision they ever made and they wish they'd done it sooner. For some real encouragement, search for one of the threads of before/after pictures. If that doesn't get you excited about this . . . !

Good luck: This is my seventh surgery or so, and I have to admit I'm not nervous at all beyond the icky bit of getting the IV--my veins can be hard to find. But otherwise . . . it's all good.

There are literally thousands of posts on this site from people who have had the surgery and 99 percent, at least, say that it's the best decision they ever made and they wish they'd done it sooner. For some real encouragement, search for one of the threads of before/after pictures. If that doesn't get you excited about this . . . !
Good luck: This is my seventh surgery or so, and I have to admit I'm not nervous at all beyond the icky bit of getting the IV--my veins can be hard to find. But otherwise . . . it's all good.

Thank you!!! I have read some and then came across a few negative ones and I stopped reading. I have been eating this for years and finally I am done having children and I went for it and now that it's so close I am nervous!!!

I am the 24th too!!! I am excited an nervous. It has almost been a year with this process. I got approved for April but had to push back due to new job. Now I feel like It has been so long since I have been researching and working with the center. I kinda forgot everything. My pre op class is tomorrow so that is exciting. My family seems to be asking me questions I don't have the answers to. We should be loser buddies!!!

I am the 24th too!!! I am excited an nervous. It has almost been a year with this process. I got approved for April but had to push back due to new job. Now I feel like It has been so long since I have been researching and working with the center. I kinda forgot everything. My pre op class is tomorrow so that is exciting. My family seems to be asking me questions I don't have the answers to. We should be loser buddies!!!

I would love to be buddies!!! I am like questioning everything I am nervous but so excited to start. Do you start the liquid diet on the 17th like me?

Your attitude going in can affect your outcome in a HUGE way. Be positive about your surgery and your New Life to come. Look forward to the New You - I have lost the equivalent of my 21 year old son in 18+ months.

As I went in for surgery, my focus was on my success, NEVER about any complications that might occur. It's not the whole trick to a smooth outcome, but it certainly helps!