Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

9 hours ago, newlifeat40 said:

How’s everyone doing? Less than a week to go now- eek! Preop diet is getting easier- down 10 pounds so far! Hope you all are doing well- so much to think about before this happens- a little overwhelming!

Surgery Date: January 8, 2018
Sleeve Gastrectomy

Omg I'm on day two and it's SO hard! I'm so hungry and have a terrible headache. I'm sticking with it and just thanking god that my group only requires one week of pre-op diet! Lol

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Thenewbecky2018 said:

Jan 23 here

Jan 23 here as well! there are at least 3 of us!

My surgery is finally here at 10:30 tomorrow am. I did really well with the pre op diet and followed it exactly, but I only lost 2lbs. Kind of worrisome that I can’t even lose weight on only Protein Shakes and a banana.

My surgery is finally here at 10:30 tomorrow am. I did really well with the pre op diet and followed it exactly, but I only lost 2lbs. Kind of worrisome that I can’t even lose weight on only Protein Shakes and a banana.

Mine is tomorrow at 1:30pm. I lost about 6-8 lbs depending on what time of day I get on the scale. We'll be just fine. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is tomorrow at 1:30pm. I lost about 6-8 lbs depending on what time of day I get on the scale. We'll be just fine. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Good luck tomorrow!

I just joined this forum tonight. I am having my surgery on January 8th. In Tijuana Mexico. Do I have a surgery buddy ? I have found people all around but none on that date.

I’m having gastric bypass on the 10th because I’m beyond nervous for the procedure. I’m so worried about complications during or having the surgery! I keep telling myself I have a child....what if something goes wrong! Does anyone else have these feelings? I desperately want my life back because I feel I’ve been stuck in a fat shell!

I’m having gastric bypass on the 10th because I’m beyond nervous for the procedure. I’m so worried about complications during or having the surgery! I keep telling myself I have a child....what if something goes wrong! Does anyone else have these feelings? I desperately want my life back because I feel I’ve been stuck in a fat shell!

Hey Lindsay! I'm having my surgery today and I'm a bit nervous, too. I also have 2 small children. The biggest driver for me choosing to have the sleeve gastronomy done is my kids. I know that if I don't do something about my weight it will continue to restrict the activities I can do with them, cause more health issues and ultimately take knee away from them sooner than later. We're doing the right thing for us and our children and will be better moms for it in the end. Keep your head up, congrats on your decision and good luck!!!

Hey Lindsay! I'm having my surgery today and I'm a bit nervous, too. I also have 2 small children. The biggest driver for me choosing to have the sleeve gastronomy done is my kids. I know that if I don't do something about my weight it will continue to restrict the activities I can do with them, cause more health issues and ultimately take knee away from them sooner than later. We're doing the right thing for us and our children and will be better moms for it in the end. Keep your head up, congrats on your decision and good luck!!!

I have the same reason... I want to be able to do activities with them and be healthy for them!!!
Am doing this for my little ones (5 and 3 years old).

Hey Tiff,

Thanks so much! My daughter is 11 and I want to be happy with myself and enjoy activities with her! Thank you for sharing best of luck with you Surgery!

I have the same reason... I want to be able to do activities with them and be healthy for them!!!
Am doing this for my little ones (5 and 3 years old).

Thanks so much! Best of luck on your surgery and I’m looking forward to seeing and sharing our results!

I’m thinking of creating a Facebook Group for inspiration, so we can share our journey, post recipes, ask advice and of course to post results! Would anyone be interested in joining?

1 minute ago, Lindsay_Sayz said:

I’m thinking of creating a Facebook Group for inspiration, so we can share our journey, post recipes, ask advice and of course to post results! Would anyone be interested in joining?

With pleasure! Good idea Lindsay!

Let us know when it's live!

Thanks, Christine

17 hours ago, I AM WORTH IT said:

I had my band removed on July 31st. Getting sleeved on Jan 8. Good Luck to you!

So we are really in the same boat. My dr. did not require a pre surgery diet. He didn't for the lapband either and I did great for many years. I need to order some Protein Drinks and things for after surgery. It's been postponed on me twice.