Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I am new to this journey

Good evening everyone I am just now starting my sleeve journey. I heard about it from a coworker and since then I have been looking into it. I have been doing my research and even went to a seminar. I am sure this is what I want to do for my health. I had my consultation on July 28th and was told I had to wait 6 months and follow a dietary plan. I was kind of bummed at first but when the MA went down the list of things that needed to be done I kind of went into shock. By the end of my visit I was glad it was a 6 month wait because it is going to take me 6 months to get used to all of it. I have been reading how well you all support each and finally just built up the courage to post something. You all have any advise for someone just starting out? I am excited for the the new journey but scared at the same time. I have been big my whole life.

Height: 5'6

Weight: 299

Hi! My name is Lisa and I am just starting out as well. On 8/18 I have my first appointment with the surgeon. I was surprised with all the things I need to do before, but I'm glad they take it seriously enough to have us go through it all.

I don't have a lot people who understand my decision to do this, so I'm looking forward to speaking with others about it.

Feel free to stay in touch! Best of luck on your journey.😊

Hi! My name is Lisa and I am just starting out as well. On 8/18 I have my first appointment with the surgeon. I was surprised with all the things I need to do before, but I'm glad they take it seriously enough to have us go through it all.
I don't have a lot people who understand my decision to do this, so I'm looking forward to speaking with others about it.
Feel free to stay in touch! Best of luck on your journey.[emoji4]

I have to just remember that this decision is for my and my health. It's time to take care of me. I was supposed to have six months with nutritionist and exercise physiologist before surgery which would have put me in December or January, but my insurance changed their requirements and it's just three months so I have my last appt next week and then every thing will be submitted to insurance. I thought I had three more months to prepare but I would rather have surgery on September than wait. So I am doing a lot of research and reading books. :) best of luck to you. It will be worth it. I know a handful of people who have had weight loss surgery and none of them regret it.

Feel free to stay in touch! Best of luck on your journey.[emoji4]

🤝 Nice to meet you Lisa my name is Celia. Yes it is so nice to see and read about other people going through the same I am going through. I wish you the best of luck as well. Keep in touch[emoji16]

Hi Lisa. I'm Felice. New to this journey too. I hope to have my surgery in Oct/Nov. just finishing up my pre-op appointments.

Good luck!

I'm in month 2 of a 3 month weight loss plan, and am hoping to have surgery in November. It's totally normal to be nervous. I keep reminding myself that I will feel so much better after. And when I pass a pizza place and sigh, I remind myself that it's just for a year or two and then maybe I can taste one slice. And I might not even care by then! I've been following a high Protein low carb plan (except for today, which has been bad) and recently when I tried a shake from chick-fil-a, I found it just meh. I used to love those!

You're going to do great! I'm not planning to tell many people about my surgery to avoid the negativity. I've already made the high-protein, low carb known. So I'm thrilled to find this community for support!