Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day of Pre-Op Diet

Im brand new to this page but felt it would be great to get some support from those sharing the experience.

Ive been overweight most of my adult life but its been in the past few years that things have gotten bad. Ive tried every diet there is 3 times over with little success. Ive been hypnotised, had diets prepared based on my blood type, seen dietians, seen psycologists and nothing works long term. Ive come to my own conclusion that I need to be physically stopped eating. And this seems like my best option.

Im booked for my sleeve surgery on the 26th of July. Until today Ive felt nervous, unsure and a bit scared. But Ive started on Optislim today and I now feel like my journey has final started and Im ready to get this done! Having said that, today has sucked! I was fine this morning but once I got past lunch time, I started to feel heady and yuck. My worst time to eat is night time when my kids and husband are in bed, so Im nervous about how Im going to go tonight. Im also a bit fearful of those first few weeks post surgery. And I spend a lot of time wondering what the long term impacts of this surgery will be - like 10 years +. My surgeon said there isn't much scientific data beyond 5 years so I do wonder what the impact could be on my 30 years from now. Having said that, I realise that if I continue to put on weight there is a good chance I wont be here in 30 years!

Anyway, thanks for reading my first post. Ill look forward to any thoughts/suggestions/tips anyone may like to share!

I love what you have written! I am very similar

HW 115 kilos
GW 60 kilos

I think we are on a very similar journey!

I can relate too!

I am in my mid twenties and since finishing high school I've struggled with my weight. Only time I had a decent loss was after a traumatic event in my life and I lost about 10kg in a couple weeks. Of course this went back on and more once I got back on my feet.

I was also concerned with the lack of data available after the 5 years (and how it was casually mentioned that people have died from it too, think my doctor said 8 in the years they've been doing it in WA).

The pre-op diet concerns me too seeing as I am lactose intolerant so I can't do whey or milk and I snack all the time in secret when I'm bored or nervous.

HW: 98/99kg
GW: 60-65kgs
H: 171cm