Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On the verge of dehydration!

Hi everyone,

I just been sleeved on last Thursday, July 6th. Far as pain wise i feel much better .The gas pains were kicking my ass at first . I lost 11 pounds in 6 days, but far as fluids. I feel like i only get 2-3oz of fluids down for the whole day, im starting to feel dehydrated. Any advise? I tried crystal light and juicy juice . I have no probelm getting it down, but it just seem like I get full off half of 1oz in one sitting. I really dont want to go to the hospital if i can find a way to rehydrate myself. What are some good drinks that helped you from being dehydrated?

Start weight: 220

Surgery : 217

Current: 208

Goal:120

Hi Kayla, I totally understand your frustration, I was sleeved 6/26 and I'm just getting better with my liquids. My main issue is the nausea and vomiting all day, I still force myself to sip water.. what works for me and something I hated before the sleeve is ice cold Water (lots of Ice). Try having a nice warm tea in the morning and take water with you everywhere you go or move around the house, it will be a constant reminder to sip... dehydration can be very dangerous for us. Something someone mentioned to me was putting a Sipping timer on my phone to go off every 10-15 minutes. Hope this help, with time it will get better

Thanks everyone for the advice!. For the people who had the surgery, do you like the baratric advantage Protein Shakes? I tried them , their alright but not the best. I want to try Premier Protein. Have you all tried that? I heard its way better.

I love Premier Protein. chocolate is also my fave. I add PB2 powder to vanilla for a yummy Peanut Butter shake.< br>I second the ice and ice Water. I find it helps over room temp.
I also drink Vitamin water zero. Lots of flavors to choose from.
Have you tried coconut water?
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I drink Protein Water when I take road trips...Premier Protein is the only shake I drink....I am not a fan of the chocolate but I love the Carmel and strawberry

Jello also counts a liquid if you can get that down - I agree with the sugar feee popsicles and the timer as well. Good luck. Our stats are very similar. I had surgery 6/22 starting Weight 223, surgery weight 217, current weight 200.6 goal weight 135. 5'2.5" tall

The only premier shake I like is the chocolate one because it doesn't taste grainy or too strong [emoji4] deff try it. They have it in Walmart pack of 4 shakes for $7

Costco had 24 Premier Protein chocolate for $24!

Thanks everyone for the advice!. For the people who had the surgery, do you like the baratric advantage Protein Shakes? I tried them , their alright but not the best. I want to try Premier Protein. Have you all tried that? I heard its way better.

I love the bananas and cream pre-op but after surgery it was way too sweet for me. I used what I had by mixing with frozen strawberries or frozen bananas and PB2. I had one scoop of Jay Robb chocolate powder left and had that it was fine. I'll think I'll try the chocolate for awhile. If you live near a Sam's club they have them there cheapest I've found you get 12 for $14.