Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People can be so mean!

My Sister always told me to say, "yeah, but you're ugly and I can always lose weight, but you're stuck that way".........

I know, juvenile, but still has to make you laugh!

:heh:

Last night I was thinking about this....and I think what I would do is come back the next weekend with a camera. and OBVIOUSLY take their pictures. Then very loudly with my friends I would have to state that these pictures have GOT to go on the web site. If noone asks which web site my friends would have to prompt it and I would or my friends would state undateable.com site where all the true ass holes go. The place where pictures get posted with the story of why they are un date able.

Or have one of my "hot" friends give them the rejection hotline number.

This experience was both a low and a high point in my life. I was out walking with my little dog, probably looking a bit silly to some people, fat chick with little dog. Some kids in a Jeep drove by and ALL of them hooted and oinked at me, the driver included. And then they smashed into the Lexus that was stopped at the light. And then a well dressed guy in a suit got out and said "I'm a lawyer, and you're never driving again."

We hardly ever get to see someone get their come-uppance, so this was sweeeeeet. I actually felt sorry for the poor kid and he begged the lawyer not to tell his mom.

This experience was both a low and a high point in my life. I was out walking with my little dog, probably looking a bit silly to some people, fat chick with little dog. Some kids in a Jeep drove by and ALL of them hooted and oinked at me, the driver included. And then they smashed into the Lexus that was stopped at the light. And then a well dressed guy in a suit got out and said "I'm a lawyer, and you're never driving again."

We hardly ever get to see someone get their come-uppance, so this was sweeeeeet. I actually felt sorry for the poor kid and he begged the lawyer not to tell his mom.

Heh... I finally found a lawyer I like. :)

Did the lawyer hear what they did that caused the accident?

The universe does have a way of balancing itself out, eh?

I am so sorry to the original poster! I know how painful that comment must have been.

But then I read the above post and I am thrilled that Karma really does exist. What goes around comes around and how nice to see it for yourself. Thanks for sharing. This will make me giggle all day (I know it is wrong to find humor in someone's accident...I am a bad bad girl!).

Oh The last time someone was that rude to me was about a month ago. I was at a bar with a bunch of my friends and I walked up to the bar to get drinks and some guy looked at me and said "Damn fat people shouldnt be allowed in bars" I laughed out loud then turned to my friend who asked me why I was laughing and I said I couldnt help it (very loudly I said) This idiot said fat people shouldnt come to bars...Hell has he looked in a mirror. You know Stupid people should come with a warning. The whold bar cracked up even his friend... He looked at me and said Fat Bitch. I calmly had to tell him we already went over the fat fart I dont deny I am fat Like DUH you think I needed a reminder but the bitch part....you dont know me well enough to have the pleasure of calling me that. at that I walked away. I had drinks bought for me the rest of the night. it was so cool.

Just wanted to share....I love my smart ass attitude.

I am a strong believer in Karma. It's not often you get to see Karma come around and bite someone in the ass, but you should feel confident that it will.

I think I would have responded, "Grow a brain, Asshole!" but, really, such people aren't worth the time it takes to cuss at them! You've put more time and effort into taking care of yourself in one day than people like that will in a lifetime.

Like most people who are overweight, I have developed a thick skin. I was banded this past March and have lost 40lbs since then. I have totally changed my lifestyle habits to aggressively loose the weight. I go to the gym 4 times a week, swim and play tennis. I feel good, healthy, happy and proud. I think as I thin, so does my “thick” skin. I am overly sensitive about my weight now. I look in the mirror a lot (mirrors were not my friend before), I weight myself everyday, and feel guiltier when I slip up on my diet. I don’t think I truly knew how unhappy I was when I was heavier and what I really looked like. I have invested a lot of time, energy and money into the “new” me, and I am very overprotective of it.

That’s why I think 4 people destroyed my confidence this past weekend and obliterated whatever skin I had left. I was walking home from watching a football game at a bar. And three young guys and a girl were in their car at a stop sign. I noticed one guy from the bar I had just left, so I guess I looked too far into the car. As they drove away, they loudly screamed “Lose some weight!”. I was horrified and shocked. I can’t stop hearing it in my head. I know it will fade and that they are senseless monsters, but I can’t stop wondering where my walls of defense have gone? I spent so long putting up my guard that I couldn’t even register the hurt as it hit me. I have spent months feeling good about my band and myself, that it literally knocked the wind out of me.

I have mentally kicked their butts on the treadmill, but I am so angry at them and myself for feeling so hurt by something so insignificant. Has anyone else noticed they are offended more easily or so caught up with their weight they don’t notice the drastic changes in their old defenses?

Bless your sweet heart. I am so sorry that happened to you. You can know this and rest assured that this is true. WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND!!!! Believe me, they will get their own just rewards. It may not be on this earth, but everyone has to pay for their actions.

I got my band on August 27th. I have lost 30 pounds. Does not sound like much and I have a very long way to go. I told my husband the other day that I am happier than I have been in a long, long time because I am loosing weight and for once I feel good about something that I am doing. Sure, some people may look at me(and I am sure they do) and think, "My gosh, what a cow". But, I do believe I have a good heart and I never, never put people down. You said you were starting to be happy. Just remember how it feels to be happy and keep those thoughts in your head; not what those ingorant fools said. I am sorry they said that to you. You need to feel good about yourself, because everyone here feel good about your accomplishments.