Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daughter of Concerned Mother

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website and I wish I knew about this sooner. It would've been nice to have support. My mom's the one that told me about it. She has her own account and her user name is Ance. She spoke to many of you about how she's having a hard time with me getting surgery and I'm happy you've all made her understand more about it. I'm currently 20 years old and weigh 255lb. My sleeve surgery is this week on Wednesday, June 21. I've never been excited in my life. It's very hard sometimes because my father doesn't support me at all and tells me how disappointed he is with me and sometimes yells at me. I know he does it out of love but it really makes me want to cut him out of my life. I'm hoping afterwards he'll see I'm okay and healthier and be better. I also don't want to tell anyone in my family right now about surgery because of how judge mental they are. I wish I didn't have to tell anyone but maybe in a year or so I'll tell people. I just don't need negativity and hear how I took the "easy way out" when actually it's a tool to be healthier and happier.

Wow! There is so much I would like to say, but I am afraid it would overwhelm you. There is alot to unpack in your post. I hope as you go on your journey that you find a counselor or therapist to talk with you walk through your weight loss journey. You have not taken an easy way out. Anyone that says that to you does not understand the complexities of overeating and the relationship between eating and feelings. You are changing your relationship with food. Your Mom may not understand her relationship with food and feeding you. So get ready to experience a variety of emotions and seek out people who can support you in your efgort.

Good Luck this week. Also, its definitely not the easy way out. Making all these changes are a lot of hard work! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello, and welcome! You are gonna do great! Surgery can be painful, and your emotions will be all over the place post op. Just take it all one step at a time, and you'll be healed up before you know It!

Honey there is nothing easy about this and it's possible to go back to your old habits and gain it all back and more. But you're on the right track and in the right place. I wish you all the best. Message me if you need any guidance or help!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad you joined. I've read all your mom's posts and I can see she's worried and loves you. Some people have no one to support them, so I'm thrilled for you that you've got her at least. Good luck Wednesday. You've got a bunch of strangers rooting for you!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this website and I wish I knew about this sooner. It would've been nice to have support. My mom's the one that told me about it. She has her own account and her user name is Ance. She spoke to many of you about how she's having a hard time with me getting surgery and I'm happy you've all made her understand more about it. I'm currently 20 years old and weigh 255lb. My sleeve surgery is this week on Wednesday, June 21. I've never been excited in my life. It's very hard sometimes because my father doesn't support me at all and tells me how disappointed he is with me and sometimes yells at me. I know he does it out of love but it really makes me want to cut him out of my life. I'm hoping afterwards he'll see I'm okay and healthier and be better. I also don't want to tell anyone in my family right now about surgery because of how judge mental they are. I wish I didn't have to tell anyone but maybe in a year or so I'll tell people. I just don't need negativity and hear how I took the "easy way out" when actually it's a tool to be healthier and happier.

You have got to think of yourself no one has the right to judge you or make comments about you family or not.You are doing this for you no one lives in your shoes and you know your own mind.
I myself am waiting on a op date to have Gastric sleeve from from the uk message me if you want to chat.
Good luck

Good luck for taking control. Seek therapy even when you are doing well, there will be huge changes for you as you navigate the journey. Your mom cares about you and that is good. I hope your father comes around, often men's emotional reactions of fear come out as anger or inappropriate responses, you can say to him in a calm moment that his opinion is important but that shaming you is hurtful and you plan to make this decision fully informed and w/o his blessing but that you expect him to love you regardless of his disapproval.

Good luck and let us know.

How did surgery go 3 days ago? Thinking of you and wishing you a fast recovery.

Get your life girl it's yours and only you know how you feel inside!!! Hope your surgery went well and stay strong it's the beginning of your journey!!!