Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have 5 more days before I can eat some more things. (I think it is mushy food... So ready for solids again.) I saw a thing on Facebook with chipotle and it's bowl. I used to do the bowl and choose the healthier methods. Has anybody when eating solids are at Chipotle? It sounds good even right now.

I've eaten there but there is no way I could eat anything bigger than that kids pack minus the tortillas. It is super yummy and has really good options for WLSers..

Don't be tempted to try eating solids yet. But when you can eat mushy food you can eat Beans with a little sprinkle of cheese and some salsa. At home. Not pico because nothing raw. No raw veg so nothing at Chipotle yet. Hang in there- it gets better.

Perhaps the real question you are asking is if anybody, once they are allowed solids, has gone back to eating comfort food from before surgery. I have, a couple times. I will tell you the experience for me was not the same as before surgery. It's not that I have a smaller stomach, (well that too) but it was the mental connection as well. It just didn't do for me what it used to.

So what I am saying is that in your head it sounds awesome, but in practice it fails miserably to live up to what your brain hypes it to be, and I felt like **** afterward as well. Not as in regret, or physical stomach pain, I just felt off afterwards, like why did I ever like this crap before and how soon will it get out of me. It was almost like eating poison and having a reaction to it.

Anyway, that is my story about comfort foods. The cravings should diminish once you start on solids.

Edited by Navigating the Wilderness

Darn! Now I totally wanna eat some Chipotle! Thanks for planting that in my head :)

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19

I LOVE Chipotle! I have been there a couple times but I'm 8.5 months out. I usually just have a taco with meat Beans and cheese and skip the shell or just don't eat it. I haven't had a problem with much anything. It CAN play with your head tho, (if not your body) eating new things, or just the stuff you used to eat. I feel way more guilty now because fast food and junk doesn't lend me anything. But so long as i stick to dense Protein, veggies and very minimal carbs (processed or otherwise, but that's not always the case) i usually can get through my day with minimal if any head hunger or actual hunger. But Chipotle is LIFE sometimes lol.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

Chipotle will give you a side of anything including the proteins! I get a side of chicken or barbaocoa and it's the perfect meal for me! About 2-3oz of meat!