Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I know I've found the right forum for me, thank you both for your words of encouragement they have helped me keep focused on God and his path for me.

Good morning to all! It's done! What a load off! I am sore. I am bruised pretty bad in a couple of places. This did not happen to my DH. Anyone have this problem? I've got lots of rumbling in my tummy. Just having a hard time getting comfortable when it's time to go to sleep, but i know this will get better everyday. Thanks for all of your prayers!

Hugs back at ya, Wombat!

Have a great weekend, God Bless!

I was VERY bruised around the main incision, about a 5 or 6 inch circle, plus smaller bruises around the other incisions. I bruise easily, though, and I'm sure there was a lot of maneuvering of the instruments through the incisions, not to mention placing and suturing the port. I just chalked it up to normal for me.

Jan

Hello All,

It's been a couple of weeks since I was last on-line. Catching up on all that's been going on was definitely worth it. I've seen so many praises and blessings that it would be difficult to name them all. Just a reminder of how wonderful is our God!

Welcome to the newbies! -

Congratulations to the banded! -

Blessings, hugs and prayers to the poor in spirit!

Lately I've been falling into the 'poor in spirit':huggie:category and would ask that you lift me to the Lord in your prayers. I do have some great news...

Surgeon Appointment

Dr. Woodman - June 17th

We will set a surgury date on that day!

:driving:WOO-HOOOOO!!! :)

:thumbup:

God bless you all,

Hello to all - Just wanted to proclaim that my scale left the land of the "300's" today. Encouragement to all!!

Also I attended a birthday party today with a HUGE buffet as the food source. I was so disciplined - I just had to thank God. I had a few cucumbers and some cottage cheese, a dab of potato salad and a little bit of sausage from one of the slices of pizza (NOT THE PIZZA!!). Just a little dab of the soft serve ice cream while everyone was enjoying their mound of cake. When I came and honestly dumped every bit into thedailyplate.com it was so low in both cal/carbs I couldn't believe. Feels good to show some self-control. Hey I can finally add that fruit of the spirit to my list in the eating category too!!

Yeah me!! Praise God!!

Glad to see you back, ImaDucky! Yeah for your appointment! I know how exciting that is!

Numbrgirl, good for you and your self control. I pray I am able to handle myself the same way in that situation.

I am 4 days postop today. Still a little sore around incisions. I mostly notice when getting up from sitting, laying, or changing positions in the bed. I am in awe of how little I am getting down, that is satisfying me. I know that won't last long, at least it didn't for my DH.

I hope you all have a great day, and God Bless!

Hi! I'm new to this group! I'm almost 3 weeks post op. I go Wednesday for my first adjustment.

I'm sure needing that adjustment too. Had a not so great day yesterday. Emotional eating...I was procrastinating about something I needed to do...so instead I ate...I didn't go crazy with sweet stuff...just more regular stuff than I should have.

What the heck is a "DH"????

Hi TDSanders & Numgirl: congrats on your banding. I just got banded on June 6th. On June 7th my newest granddaughter was dedicated and my daughter had a huge party afterwards with a feast. Thankfully tho, I had no desire to eat anything since I was just 48 hrs. postop. God is good and has certainly kept me in his hands through all of this.

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for! One day I pray that God blesses me with a grandchild.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you as the days progress. Hope you're feeling better and stronger every day!

I am being banded on the 12th in Mexico, I called my local Hospital and they said they would take care of my fills for a year for $2000. Is this a good or bad deal?

I am being banded on the 12th in Mexico, I called my local Hospital and they said they would take care of my fills for a year for $2000. Is this a good or bad deal?

BinaryMan-

I am not self pay so I cannot be completely sure, but I know I have seen people on LBT that are self pay that say they go offices closer to them for about 100 a visit, for me I only get a fill once a month so if it was 100 each time that would be almost half what they are charging.

You might want to check into maybe a hospital local to you that does Bariatric Surgery for their insureds; they might be able to take a self pay.

Unfortunatly they are the Hospital that has Bariatric Surgery for their insureds. Thanks tho, I guess it's the price I pay for living in the wilds of Montana. :biggrin:

Have you looked into any other self pay centers in your area or maybe the next State over instead of all the way in Mexico?

From what I've looked at, it is very hard to find a place that will do your fills if you've had the surgery done in Mexico. There's places around me that won't touch me because they didn't do the surgery and I had it done in Houston TX.

The prices I've seen have been as low as $100 up to $500 per fill. If they will take you as much as you need for a year for $2K - that's probably not bad. After your first year, that's going to be excessive; maybe they can give you a per visit price. I will have gone for 7 fills in 1 year - if I was closer (it's a 5 hr drive) then I probably would have had more, might have gotten into the too tight, remove some, put it back scenarios.

I wish you the absolute best on your upcoming surgery!!!!

HUGS and prayers for all you newly banded guys - there were so many recently I couldn't remember all the names by the time I got to the bottom of the page :P

Gen