Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Praise the Lord fellow saints.

I am asking for prayer I was banded Dece 28th I was really feeling great after sugery and the last few days. Yesterday I started to feel very tired no energy. My prayers are with all you guys that are on this thread that God will give you your heart desires.

Blessings

Liz

Hey, guys, PLEASE pray for me! I am getting SO DISCOURAGED. I have been walking 2 miles a day, eating extremely carefully and staying under 1000 cals/day, and increasing my activity at every opportunity I get, yet I am stuck and CANNOT break 300. Despite everything, this morning I actually saw a gain for the first time since I was banded on Nov 16. It made my world spin backwards and ruined my entire day.

Words just cannot express how disappointed I am. Please please please pray for me!

Praise the Lord fellow saints.

I am asking for prayer I was banded Dece 28th I was really feeling great after sugery and the last few days. Yesterday I started to feel very tired no energy. My prayers are with all you guys that are on this thread that God will give you your heart desires.

Blessings

Liz

Liz, sometimes you can get a little tired, but you'll feel like better soon. Are you on liquids? If you are, try some broth and that should get you to feeling better. I'm still new to a lot of this, but I had a day like that also.

Father, you said ask and it shall be given, so tonight I'm asking that you give Liz strength, not just today, but in the times to come. Heal her body, mind and spirit. We give you all the power and all the praise, In Jesus name. Amen

Hey, guys, PLEASE pray for me! I am getting SO DISCOURAGED. I have been walking 2 miles a day, eating extremely carefully and staying under 1000 cals/day, and increasing my activity at every opportunity I get, yet I am stuck and CANNOT break 300. Despite everything, this morning I actually saw a gain for the first time since I was banded on Nov 16. It made my world spin backwards and ruined my entire day.

Words just cannot express how disappointed I am. Please please please pray for me!

Musicmomma, trust me I understand. I was where you are just a few days ago. I want to lose all my weight like yesterday, LOL. I look on here and I see how much weight others are losing and I say, "why can't I do that"? Well, I'm not like them. God created us differently. He allowed us to get this band and now we have to be patient and do the work to get the weight off. It seems like it's so easy for some and so difficult for others. The weight will come off in due time. He would have NEVER allowed us to get the band if he didn't think that we could handle it and succeed. All in due time. One day we will look back at this thread, read it and say, "what was I thinking"? The numbers will go down and WE will succeed. We can do all things through God that strenghtens us. Everyday will be a new challenge, the only difference is that we know that we are the Kings' children and all we have do is have faith that we can go through. Be blessed and don't fall to the temptation of satan's. As long as he knows he can keep us depressed-we eat-and fall back. Look ahead and tell yourself, "not by might, not by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I love this thread. I am anxiously awaiting. I know God is in control. I was getting discouraged and then I heard Nicole C. Mullen blasting on the cd player this morning on the way to work reminding me all things are possible.

Song, how are you doing? When you feel better keep us informed. I am pulling for you and most importantly, praying for you. May strength and blessings be yours from the top of your head to the souls of your feet. God Bless

Hey girls, just don't give up! Our time and God's time are different. I too believe He would not have allowed us to get the band if He was not going to give us success with it.

Just know that you are not alone!!!

Liz it sounds like you just need some protein! I know I felt very weak, light=headed and dizzy all the time in the beginning. The broths really should help. Are you allowed egg drop Soup? That always perked me up :) Prayers for you!

Musicalmama - I know how you feel and I've already said a prayer for you. Anytime I quit losing in the past I would go get a fill to tighten it up. I know you are under 1000 calories but do you ever go lower? My doc told me between 600-800 cal. I don't always make that some times it's above 1000 but I think the fluctuation keeps your body from hanging on to everything so tightly. Also, you said you are exercising - have you taken your measurements? You could be gaining lovely heavier muscle and losing inches without the scale showing any loss.

Hugs and Prayers

wombat <><

We have to remember this is NOT a race. If your mind is thinking race, then think marathon and not sprint! Steady, even, sometimes slow, but always forward progress.

We've not eaten right for many years and we are making lifetime changes in our eating habits. We can't get discouraged because the weight isn't coming off as fast as we think it should. Just hang in there and don't let the scale get you down. Our bodies need time to adjust. My pattern since my banding last July seems to be to drop 10-12 lb in a 2-3 week period, then stay there for several weeks. Then drop another 10 lb or so, then level off again. After doing this for several months, I've realized I just have to keep up my exercise and eating right and not get impatient for the scale to move. If we can manage 5-10 lb a month, think what that will total in a year!

God Bless! Hope everyone has a GREAT day today!!

Thanks everybody. Calorie wise, I am getting 1000 cals a day or UNDER, it fluctuates from day to day. I have started fluctuating the amounts I'm walking too, to see if that will help.

[Also, you said you are exercising - have you taken your measurements? You could be gaining lovely heavier muscle and losing inches without the scale showing any loss.

Hugs and Prayers

wombat <><

I agree with Wombat, I think that I'm losing inches instead of weight. We will get through this together Liz. We all have each others backs.

To God be the Glory.:clap2:

One boiled egg = 77 cal; 5g fat; 1 carb; 6g Protein

I used fitday.com to do my food but then I purchased their download program. It was a little easier for me to work with on the PC rather than the net.