Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird looking port

Hey everyone. I am having a problem with my port site. At first I thought it was infected but recently it is starting to pop up and look strange. It is sore and the skin around it is peeling. I called my doc today but no answer since it is sunday I guess. I hate to run over to Tj for no reason but can this thing pop thru the skin?? I hope the pics don't gross anyone but I need advice.

post-204171-13813131563423_thumb.jpg

post-204171-13813131563785_thumb.jpg

Melissa, I'm only 4 weeks post op and mine doesn't look anything like that, actually, I can't even tell which place is actually the port, although I think I know which one. You might want to pm Delarla, she's had major port problems, she would be the pro on this one.

Please let us know what you find out.

Melissa, I'm sorry to hear that you are having port problems. Don't worry about grossing anyone here out. Have you seen Delarla's pictures-YIKES! Anyways, I can't be of any help but just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and will pray that it is nothing serious. (((Hugs)))

Melissa PM Delarla ( lisa) or Penni, they both had ports that looked like that, they can help. It looks like Lisa's did...

From what it looks like, it looks like your tubing wants to come through...Call your Dr. too. Who is your surgeon? Do you have his cell number?

Hi Melissa,

I hope you have talked to Penni or Lisa by now. I don't think it is an immediate emergency but I do think you will need to have it looked at and possibly corrected. Who was your doctor? Sending warm thoughts to you, Teresa

Thanks everyone for your concern. The skin doesn't seem to be warm but it is just freaking me out the way it looks. My doc was Haucuz in TJ.. I know i know all the stuff going around about Molding Clinic but I honestly had a good experience with them. I left them an email and message last night so I am hoping to hear from them today. Thanks again.

Please let us know the results, hope all goes well. I know you had me checking mine out real good last night and this am.

Melissa I just bumped 2 threads for you about Port problems from Lisa a long time ago, they both have pics attached.. "Port Pain" & "Warning-gross pics attached" are the 2 threads I bumped for you

With all that you know of going on at the Molding clinic Iam certain you will get in touch with your Dr. today. I hope you hear from him, if not, it would not hurt to have your PCP take a look at tit to make sure it is not infected if for anything, peace of mind.

Melissa: If it is not infected, which I can't be sure just from the pics, I would bet the tubing is bunching up. That is what mine looked like. I had to have the port repositioned and now everything lies flat. DO NOT let anyone tell you it will "go away with more weight loss". That is a bunch of hooey. If the tubing pokes through then the next step will be to have the port removed then wait till that heals and have another one placed. DO NOT let his go untreated or at least looked at by a physician that knows what to look for in regards to bands.

Thanks Michelle for bumping the posts. Did they have to open the area back up penni to reposition the port? If i have to go back over to Tj, it will be by myself and I really don't want to go without my hubby if i'm going to hve to be cut again. Thanks

Well, I just spoke with my Docs office. They say from the pics i sent, that I have a seroma. That it will leak and I need an antibiotic. I am bummed because I am in such need of a fill and they so no until it clears up. Geez I hope its soon. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help and concern. I'll keep you all posted.

Melissa, the peeling stuff looks like it could be the adhesive they use to close the wound, but it could also be dead skin peeling away, that alone doesn't look like a symptom or problem. However there is definitely something pushing against and irritating your incision, and I agree with the others that you should have that seen by a doc experienced with the band right away. good luck I hope it turns out to be no big deal.

Melissa, Lisa had a seroma and I believe she posted a pic of it. I have to agree wit PamRN, it looks like form the pic you posted that something is pushing against your skin. A seroma is on the outside if Iam not mistaken. Atleast go to your PCP and see if he thinks it is a seroma, he will know if it is a seroma, he may not know if it is the tubing from the band wanting top push through your skin but he will no a seroma when he sees one. If it is not a seroma then you need to go to a band Dr.I do not mean to sound negative but I would still want to be seen,.you have a foriegn object inside your body.. When I had my esophagitis, Dr. Martinez told me over the phone what he thought it was and what to do but I did not feel comfortable with that so that is why I drove to TJ the next morning to have him see me and use the flouro to make sure my band and port were ok.