Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got sleeved today....need reassurance!

Please tell me I'll feel better tomorrow....and the next day...and so on! I got sleeved this morning and I'm miserable right now, trying to go to bed. I'm pretty sure it is gas pain and I've been walking as much around the house as I can since I got home. I've taken a few GasX...both chewable and melt strips. I've only been able to take about 15 ounces of Water and one 20 gram Protein drink (Muscle Milk). Because I've had so little, I only took 1/2 my pain pill just so I can sleep tonight. Any words of encouragement for this mama?! Thank you!!

I was sleeved 5/31 and yesterday was my first day of feeling better. Today I'm even better than yesterday. The first 3 days after were rough, I'm not gonna lie to you, but it gets better!!

Please tell me I'll feel better tomorrow....and the next day...and so on! I got sleeved this morning and I'm miserable right now, trying to go to bed. I'm pretty sure it is gas pain and I've been walking as much around the house as I can since I got home. I've taken a few GasX...both chewable and melt strips. I've only been able to take about 15 ounces of Water and one 20 gram Protein drink (Muscle Milk). Because I've had so little, I only took 1/2 my pain pill just so I can sleep tonight. Any words of encouragement for this mama?! Thank you!!

I got sleeved last week, 5/30, and honestly the first few days SUCKED ASS. I'm not going to sugarcoat it! I cried because of the pain and thinking I had to go through my whole life without eating a slice of pizza again! Haha, but after a few days and upping my water, I'm starting to feel better! You WANTED this surgery, yeah it'll be painful for a bit, but SOOO worth it in the end!!! Btw I'm down 13 lbs from my surgery date and 17lbs, overall! It feels so weird waking up and seeing differences in the mirror ( my cheekbones are coming in!)...don't worry, put some ice on your incisions, start a show on Netflix, and get through these first few days because you have an AMAZING journey ahead of you!![emoji177]

I'm not gonna lie, the first 6 weeks were a b***h, but each day was better than the next EXCEPT for allowing myself to get constipated. Then I injured myself taking care of that. So, heads up, take your Miralax. lol!!

I'm 8 months out and happier than I've ever been. But it takes a while to get there. This isn't an easy road.

Good luck, so much love and hope I'm sending your way. You will do great. This is a momentary blip. :D

If you're only drinking 20 oz of Water a day you're dehydrated, which can lead to serious issues. Your main goal should be to up your Fluid intake and it should make you feel much better. Right now, , this is more important than calories and Protein consumed.

If you're only drinking 20 oz of Water a day you're dehydrated, which can lead to serious issues. Your main goal should be to up your Fluid intake and it should make you feel much better. Right now, , this is more important than calories and Protein consumed.

I've been using my timer today so I've gotten about 16 oz of regular water in plus about 16 oz of Propel, to which I've added Protein Powder to make it 30 grams of protein. I feel a little light headed but more like it is lack of calories than hydration (and I'm peeing consistently!) I'm hungry! But I have 15 more days of liquid diet so I'll just have to figure out how to get more liquid calories in. The broths are too salty and the Protein Shakes are too sweet. I liked all these things a week ago and thought I'd be okay on the liquid diet!!

Update - 8 days out. I feel a lot better. Still waves of gas pain but not horrible. Still barely getting calories in but I've discovered that putting a drop or two of peppermint extract in my Protein Shakes takes some of the sweetness away and makes it much more refreshing! Down 12 pounds since surgery but not much change in how clothes fit so I'm looking forward to that. The hardest part is the sipping every 5 minutes. Takes too long to get food in! But I'm adjusting and looking forward to being able to have applesauce and cottage cheese and other mushy foods in 13 days!

Update - 8 days out. I feel a lot better. Still waves of gas pain but not horrible. Still barely getting calories in but I've discovered that putting a drop or two of peppermint extract in my Protein Shakes takes some of the sweetness away and makes it much more refreshing! Down 12 pounds since surgery but not much change in how clothes fit so I'm looking forward to that. The hardest part is the sipping every 5 minutes. Takes too long to get food in! But I'm adjusting and looking forward to being able to have applesauce and cottage cheese and other mushy foods in 13 days!

Great news!

I read stories like this and was freaking. I was really worried that I would experience the same. Surgery for me was not fun, but I never had much issue sipping the Water. My surgery was last Thr and by Sat the only issues I had was occasional cramping/gas pains in the upper stomach above my ribs. I could have gone back to work on Monday if I wanted, but decided to stick with the week work from home. So far the only pain/annoyance I have is the damn staples that they won't remove until next Tuesday. I guess I am one of the luckier ones, but even if I went through more pain I would not regret taking this step to change my life!

I hope every day continues to improve for you!

I am struggling a bit today. My brain is telling me I am hungry... The mental fight with myself ensues. :) Yesterday was a great day. Was able to get more than 64 ounces of Water in. Ate like I was supposed to. I feel like I have more room in my stomach (I know I don't). I have had my Protein Shake, my Breakfast and lunch and now just waiting until I can start in on the water. I have only drank 24 ounces so far today. Will keep working at it. TGIF

I'm glad you are feeling better. It really does get better over time. I didn't have a super hard time with the surgery or even the pain associated once I left the hospital and the drain came out. The pain was off and on for 2 weeks and then dull pain upon movement for about 2 more weeks. I had a lot of issues with feeling I would never be normal again. That I can never again eat the food I love or enjoy a dinner out with my husband or friends.

I'm now 5.5 months out and doing great. I feel completely normal and noticed that when I go out now I'm not the only one who clears her plate. Most of my friends are naturally thin and they always had left overs and I was over there licking the plate (figuratively). Also I've found that I enjoy my new relationship with food but don't deny myself either. I just make better choices.