Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Empire BSBS ????

My work just changed my insurance coverage to Empire BSBS, I did have CIGNA and I knew some about that but this is all new to me.

Can anyone help?

:ranger: I would like to know this as well. If anyone has Empire BCBS please let me know what their requirements were.

Thanks!

I have BCBS Empire Blue and they do cover the surgery. My requirements were that I get a psych eval done, 6 mths of failed diet attempts and I letter from my primary doc stating that I am capable of going through abdominal surgery. My comorbidities were hyper-tension, stress bladder incontinence and I have arthritis in both knees.

I have not been approved yet. I called BSBC on the back of my card and the representative talked me through the website to fid the requirements. The website is Health Insurance Offered by EmpireBlue and click the blue box to enter the site and under the goggle search box is the advance search link click that and then type in bariatric and it should be the 2nd option that gives you all the info.

Better yet here is the link to the requirements. Good luck

SURG.00024 Surgery for Clinically Severe Obesity

Caramel

I forgot, the Bariatric center sent my request in to BCBS and they wrote back for me to have those things done that I listed in a prior reply. All my paperwork was in as of today. I will let you know when I receive the letter or call about approval. I heard they don't take long as long as u send them the information they have requested.

Caramel

I did find that on the website too. Printed me a copy. So you are just getting started too. Have you submitted the request for a approval yet?

OH AND how do you set up the ticker thingy? I went to the website but how do I get it to come up on my posts?

AND I LOVE YOUR NAME! Very cool!!

All my information was sent on yesterday to the insurance company. I have heard other people getting approved very fast with BSBC of any state, as long as u send them the required documentation, you should be all set. I went to the website Trying To Conceive Ticker and pick out my ticker, copied and pasted the one I wanted to the signature link here under my profile on the lap band, that way everytime you post, your ticker would show up just like a signature.

Thanks for the complement. I think this name fits me to the tea.

Caramel :ranger:

Caramel,

I will be signing up for Empire BCBS ( my company is currently having open enrollement and the carrier I currently have does not cover lap band) and had my first consult today. They pretty much said what you did. Letter from primary doc, nutritionist consult, BMI or 40 or greater or BMI 35-39.9 and one or more co morb, psych eval and the failed diet attempts. What did you submit as proof of your failed diet attempts?

Let me know if you are approved! The office is going to start getting my psych eval and nutrisionist counseling scheduled and done as well as the letters needed as proof so come Jan. 1 I will be ready to roll with submitting to BCBS.

I have BCBS Empire Blue and they do cover the surgery. My requirements were that I get a psych eval done, 6 mths of failed diet attempts and I letter from my primary doc stating that I am capable of going through abdominal surgery. My comorbidities were hyper-tension, stress bladder incontinence and I have arthritis in both knees.

Hey Guys! I have Empire BCBS and in the middle of being approved they changed requirements. My surgery date was Oct 1st. I had my surgery at Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle. BCBS considers them a Bariatric Center of Excellence. To make a long story short I was told that if I had a less than 23 hour hospital stay that the surgery did not need to be pre-approved (This was after I went through the whole process). My surgery was at 8am I was out by 5pm that day. I have to check into the bill I just recieved for 1200 bucks. It says it's my co-pay for the actual band itself. YIKES. No one told about that.

My doctor had me on various diet pills over a long time span and then I tried Weight watchers, adkins diet, south beach diet, curves and dieting on my own and I had to write it all down in chroniligical order form most recent to past and turn it in.

I will post when I get my approval! I can not wait!

Caramel

Oh so it wasn't a letter from your doctor...it was just a letter from you. Maybe I need to look into it a letter more. Keep me posted! I just got my scrips today for the nutritionist and the psych eval. Going to get on the phone first thing Monday morning to schedule them!:bounce:

At the bariatirc center where I go to had a from they had me fill out and I had to list all the diets that I had been onover a 3 year span, but I listed the last five years to be sure. Some of the diets that I listed were from my primary doc prescribing diet pills for me, so that counts as well.

It was a form given to me by the Bariatric center that I go to.

Well keep me posted about your new journey and I will do the same!