Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I had my sleeve done 3/27 and initially lost 30 ponds in 4 weeks. YAY! Then I didn't lose anything and now I've gained a few pounds. It's possible that I'm PMS'ing but I'm SO sad/frustrated. I've been very vigilant w/what I'm eating and trying to exercise. I've had a few complications since the surgery including getting a kidney infection and getting put back into the hospital. I haven't been going to the bathroom which worries me. My dietician at my hospital is not very helpful and just wants me to see someone else. It's quite upsetting because I really want this to work. My drs are aware of all of this but man is is this frustrating. I did drink one day but only vodka/water and am freaked that I ruined this. I don't feel like I really know who to talk to about this with because I'm feeling like it's not working now w/the stall/weight gain SO early on. Help!

Height: 5'10"

Surgery Weight: 264

Current Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 160

Well I was sleeved on 3/31 and in the first eight or nine days lost about 13 pounds, then had a stall for about 3 weeks then lost about 3 pounds and am now the same weight for the past week. Going up and down the same pound. 30 lbs is a great loss in the first month!!! Keep up the great work and dont get discouraged by the stalls.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Im in the same boat. Sleeved 4-18, lost 13 lbs and have been stalled for about 10 days. My monthly appointment is tomorrow so we will see. Very frustrating. Be grateful for the 30 you lost.

To lose a lot of weight in the 1st month and then stall is normal. Your body has a memory and it thinks something is wrong and is trying to stay at your previous weight. Just stick with it, don't over due it, and the weight will start coming off. I myself have very very slow weight loss. only about a pound per week. but the doc says that is a healthy way to lose.

Good luck. You got this!

I lost 37 pounds in the first month (including pre-op) and my second month I actually went back and forth gaining and losing a pound. I literally stalled for 4-5 weeks. I was so scared that I wouldn't lose anymore or that this wouldn't work for me but I know it will eventually come off. I am eating good and exercising. I just have to be patient. My surgeon said this was all very normal and to not stress. Stress can make you hold onto weight as well. He said Protein first, get 10k steps and take a hot yoga class and chill out. Ha ha! It will come. I am finally down a couple of pounds and am feeling great! It will come off I promise!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches