Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

38 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I took off my binder last night to try and sleep without it. As I laid down, I kept having spasms. I tried to ignore them and eventually fell asleep. Woke up a few mins ago (it's 5:57am now) with spasms. So I go to the bathroom, nothing special happened. Put my binder back on and the spasms are gone. Im gonna try to sleep a bit more, but now I have that nagging empty stomach feeling. I really don't want to get up, mostly because our inside dog, a toy poodle name Dash, will expect me to let him out of his crate and outside and I don't feel like doing all of that just now. Lol. He's still a puppy and drives me nuts these days.

So, I'll try for more sleep, if not, it's gonna be a long day. At least I'll get out of the house and go to church and possibly the grocery store.

I woke at 6a.m. to make my morning shakes and take medicine. I am so glad we are improving each day and once we get back on top we all will be fearless. @Newme17 there is a recipe called shelly baked ricotta maybe you could try it once your kitchen is done. After my soft food advancing, im going to try it. On the YouTube video it looked yummy.

51 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

It is 4am pacific time and I am sitting here sipping my leftover btoth....the Breakfast of champions lol but seriously we are all champions having made it to this side.

I am dreading the 5.5 hour flight, but am excited to be going home. I miss my family. Please say a prayer for save travels for my dh and I. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!!😊

My prayers are up for you and your husband. Hope it's a great travel too. 😊

30 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Being a city girl, i have to travel via trains or buses to get to the beach. I live in N.Y.C

Well, that's cool, being in NYC. I'm sure there are ups and downs to it, just as any other places. I'd love to visit the city sometime in my lifetime. I live approximately 7mins from the beach. We're surrounded by Water here. Don't go as often though.

31 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Yes, i will pray for safe arrival btw what is dh? Lol

Dear husband, right? I'm pretty sure but @Apple1 will need to clarify. 😊

24 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I woke at 6a.m. to make my morning shakes and take medicine. I am so glad we are improving each day and once we get back on top we all will be fearless. @Newme17 there is a recipe called shelly baked ricotta maybe you could try it once your kitchen is done. After my soft food advancing, im going to try it. On the YouTube video it looked yummy.

Thanks for the reminder. I have it saved on a Pinterest!!! Lol. I caught myself just looking at all the recipes on pinterest yesterday. All I wanted was actual food. Had to get off, I was getting frustrated. Lol

55 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Yes dear husband.

54 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I have it saved on a Pinterest!!! Lol. I caught myself just looking at all the recipes on pinterest yesterday. All I wanted was actual food. Had to get off, I was getting frustrated. Lol

I have seen that recipe and I can't wait to try it. I think week three for me.

There's lasagna cooking downstairs, and let me just say, I can't wait till I can eat ricotta bake! Only 2 more weeks!

I took off my binder last night to try and [mention=308374]Newme17[/mention] there is a recipe called shelly baked ricotta maybe you could try it once your kitchen is done. After my soft food advancing, im going to try it. On the YouTube video it looked yummy.

Weird. I posted my ricotta bake craving before reading your post!

1 hour ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Good morning @Sweet as peaches. I think we are all doing really well.

It definitely takes some time to learn what works for our new tummies. I can't drink super cold fluids because It feels like a waterfall going down to my stomach. I don't know how else to describe it but I can feel the liquid all the way down and I don't like it.

Just sitting here waiting to board the plane and reflecting a little on how blessed I am . Thank you all for the support and kindness through this journey. Talk to you all later.

2 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Being a city girl, i have to travel via trains or buses to get to the beach. I live in N.Y.C

Where in NYC? I live in Queens

52 minutes ago, esaad said:

Weird. I posted my ricotta bake craving before reading your post!

😂. You know what's also good with ricotta? Just plain unsweetened cocoa powder with a packet of stevia (or sweetener of your choice). It's great for the sweet tooth. I don't have one, but I'd want some chocolate every now and then.

52 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Just sitting here waiting to board the plane and reflecting a little on how blessed I am . Thank you all for the support and kindness through this journey. Talk to you all later.

Aww, you're welcome hon! Enjoy your ride! (I've always loved plane rides). 😊

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

That would be sweet I love abbreviations.