Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Day two of the five day pouch test went just fine. I felt okay and just followed the program. I did have periods of being hungry, which is sort of new for me as I usually never have hunger pains. I probably could have had more Protein Drinks but I just supplemented with Water ff/ss lattes or whatever like that. I think the pudding at night really saves me!!

Angyl,

You look skinny to me you really look great! I think it is hard for your head to catch up with your body.

Sula - what pudding do you eat?

Day 3 of the pouch is going well, I think I was less hungry with just liquids tho. I really don't think I'm hungry at all, it's just called being board! It's really cold here and it's been snowing a little and I'm keeping grandkids today so I'm not getting out. Getting out of the house really keeps my mind off of food. I'm really hoping this kick starts weight lose, I've really been at a stand still.

Sunshine - hope the pouch test is going well for you today!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Went to dr's today. I had 4.6 cc's in my 4cc band. Wasn't able to eat anything (had about a week on the liquid diet) They took out .2cc's and what a major difference!!! I can drink and this afternoon I had some eggsalad! Unbelieveable what a difference .2cc's can make!!!

Thanks for listening

whew...eating today...what a change. I am really restricted after two days of liquid. I couldn't keep the salmon/tuna fish concoction I put together at lunch, down. Skipped out of work early as we are having a blizzard and I thought I should get home before dark, so I'm eating some moist canned chicken with FF miracle whip in it. I was hungry. Had a couple of boiled eggs for Breakfast. Probably a fake egg omlet for dinner much later as it is already four.

I eat Jello fat free/sugar free pudding. It is 60 calories. It has 14 grams of carbs so it isn't perfect, but it is my treat. I don't have one everynight but it is just something at days end that sort of sooths the chocolate beast if it is rearing its ugly head...like right now with the TOM!!

Angyl -- you look AMAZING!!!! Wow! I'm so thrilled for you to be so close to goal. That is so great. I know it doesn't help, but I can see myself having the same body image issues when I get there too. We just have to work through it I guess. Somehow I think that feeling of being "the fat girl" will never really leave us.

Day three went well, except for the lunch problem. I did drop three pounds the first day but nothing since. I took a waist measurement this morning, just for fun, and it was down an inch from Monday. Could be that the tape was cold and that caused me to suck it in a bit more!! :cursing:

:cursing::thumbup::mellow::thumbup::wub::thumbup::wub::thumbup:

Doin' a bit of celebrating over here! After going up, going down and going up again over the past few months, the scales are finally on the move!

I was convinced that this journey was over, but NO!

100.5 lbs. down as of this morning, and in 'onderland' for the first time in I don't know how many years!

Heading for the gym, to head off the delicious food I'll eat tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!:tt1:

Okay, I'm going to say it, Angyl, you skinny beotch! lol. YOu know we love ya. You really look good! I know what you mean about the self image. I went shopping for a new dress and automatically grab the bigger sizes. I still have a problem of buying clothes that are too big for me, its like I can't see myself in a smaller size.

Anyhow, Congratulations on your success!

Sula - I should be on day 3, however, the first day, I screwed up. So, I started it again on Wednesday, so I'm on day 2 again. grrrr. I did make some of the Low Carb pumpkin Soup that was on the website, it is really good. I know, it doesn't sound good, but it is! So far, I'm doing good!

Ready2Lose - I totally agree with you, its amazing how just .2cc's can make a big/huge/unbelievable difference! I know for me it sure has. Glad you go unfilled and doing better now! Sometimes being too tight can cause us not to lose weight too, so I try and keep that in mind.

Juno - how are you doing? Hows the pregnancy going? How is your restriction level and being pregnant? Remember, take your Vitamins :biggrin2:

Cindi - you go girl, that is so wonderful, you've worked so hard to get where you are, so enjoy your moment! I bet now that you started the scale moving that it will keep moving!

Debbie - the pouch test did not happen on Tuesday, I did great all day until the evening time, just went haywire! But I am not giving up, so I re-started it again yesterday. I'm on day 2 and so far its been good.

Well - I have some exciting news being given to me today, so I'm waiting to be called into our managment office.....I'm about to get a bonus, but not sure how much, it is anywhere from 5 to 9% of my salary! I've worked hard for it all year long, and today is the day they tell us how much it is. I will get it on my 2/22/08 paycheck. However, its already spent! I've got to my cruise off. Its cold and windy today, so today is a day I'm looking f

I hope everyone has a great day today and I will check in later.

Hey guys!

How is everyone doing?

I have not been able to get on my computer for a few weeks.

I am doing good. Have been tight for three weeks for some reason. I get stuck on everything, for at least the first few bites. I was pbing everyday for like 2 weeks.

I don't know why.

My fill just feels tighter for some reason and stayed that way.

But, I was able to eat today, a little hard the first few bites though.

Why would my fill from so long ago finally kick in now??

Baby

It feels great to be "almost there". Today I am actually just ONE POUND from goal. Wow, so quick. But I feel terrible today, as I have over the last few weeks. As I have mentioned I have very little fill. I technically had 2 fills, the last of which was in April, I think. But I am not sure the first one even took because that was when I was having issues with my port coming up. So I guesstimate that I have maybe 1.5 CCs, but I have SO MUCH restriction. Truthfully, it sucks. I can't even drink today. I'd say there are maybe 2-3 days a week that I can actually "eat". Trade off is that I got to goal, but is the sacifice worth it? And I still have no idea what happens when I am ready to stop losing weight. Does my doctor "unfill" me? And is it REALLY going to make a difference to me anyway? These are all questions I would LOVE to ask my doctor, but he is really about as useful as a broken condom.

I am so thankful for all the support on here. You guys are great. I really don't think I would have been able to make it without you all.

Hey guys!

How is everyone doing?

I have not been able to get on my computer for a few weeks.

I am doing good. Have been tight for three weeks for some reason. I get stuck on everything, for at least the first few bites. I was pbing everyday for like 2 weeks.

I don't know why.

My fill just feels tighter for some reason and stayed that way.

But, I was able to eat today, a little hard the first few bites though.

Why would my fill from so long ago finally kick in now??

Baby

I haven't had a fill in like 10 months but there are times that I get so tight. I swear our bands are affected by environmental factors like the moon and tides and weather...OR SOMETHING. I can't think of any other explanation. I stopped trying to figure it out and just deal with it, but my coping mechanism isn't great....I eat ice cream. It works, though! It's so frustrating, right? How have you been dealing? What have you been eating? I tried going back to mushies, which was hard since I kinda skipped that stage to begin with. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue with the random tightness and have started to believe that stress affects my level of restriction . . .

For example, my last fill was PERFECT up until about 5 days ago. I am starting to really feel anxious about my upcoming Tummy Tuck on the 19th (this Tuesday) and all of the sudden - I can't get hardly anything down, sometimes not even liquid . . . Strangely, chocolate goes down fine at any time . . .

I have the same issue with the random tightness and have started to believe that stress affects my level of restriction . . .

For example, my last fill was PERFECT up until about 5 days ago. I am starting to really feel anxious about my upcoming Tummy Tuck on the 19th (this Tuesday) and all of the sudden - I can't get hardly anything down, sometimes not even liquid . . . Strangely, chocolate goes down fine at any time . . .

wow, so close to your tummy tuck? How do you feel? I went for my consultation, but am so big of a chicken that I got scared and less motivated. I would be doing the lower body lift and tummy tuck. Doc said it would be like 5-6 hour surgery....yikes.

I agree with the chocolate. God bless Hersheys!

Honestly, I think I may be in a slight stage of shock . . . This happened soooo much faster than I had planned, so I really didn't have time to freak out about it or talk myself out of it . . . I have casually thought about it off and on for a very long time, but only recently (like within the last month) went for some consults and decided to just do it already!!!

I have cleared my schedule, methodically marked things off my 'to do list', have a dear friend coming to stay with me, have drivers for my very active kids lined up and have paid for it - so I guess I am doing it on Tuesday . . . ha. :wink_smile:

I have been waking up in the middle of the night for the past few nights without explanation and I think I mentioned the outragious restriction I am experiencing . . . That is why I have decided that stress can affect our restriction. My band doctor had said that, but I thought it was 'wierd' when he first suggested it.

I am excited, but very nervous - of the 'down time' more than anything, and the drains . . . I am totally grossed out by the drains, but have decided to just deal with them when I wake up. Dr. Heller said the surgery should take about 3.5 hours and I will spend one night in the hospital.

If I wake up without post-op nausea, I will be the happiest girl in the world because that is usually a HUGE problem for me. They will be giving me some new wonder drug called EMEND 3 hours before surgery that is supposed to help with the nausea . . . I am praying it does.

I will keep you all posted ~