Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am on day 3 for the pre op diet and have been so depressed since starting it. Because my BMI is over 50> I have to do two weeks of nothing but Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, water,and sugar free popsicles .

So so far I have only cheated once with a small bite of pre cooked chicken but the other day I stopped by McDonalds and ordered to chicken biscuits, but I didn't eat them . I went home and tossed them in the trash and cried . Am also having trouble falling asleep at night.

Anybody else have have these problems?

It is part of the process. You are making better choices and it is difficult. Not eating those food from Md's is a milestone.It will bet better. The pre op will be tough but it will be worth it!

Good for you on not giving into the temptation even though you bought McDonald's. Those two weeks are tough. It's hard realization of what kind of power food holds over us. I used it as a time of reflection and got a better understanding of what my relationship with food needed to be like after surgery.

The sudden cutoff of sugar & carbs can play havoc on your body, and the anxiety leading up to surgery doesn't help either. You're going through the toughest part of the 2 weeks. Days 3-5 were my difficult time, but once I was past it the rest wasn't so bad. Keep yourself busy and do things you enjoy.

Hang in there. It does get better!

I'm on day 4, and I can tell you it does get better. The last couple of days, I was so tired and hungry, but today when I woke up I felt much better. I'm still struggling with temptation (and I did give in a little, on day 2), but I've found that keeping myself busy is the best way to deal with it. I've also found that as long as I'm pretty constantly sipping something (water, SF juice, Protein shake), I'm okay.

Hang in there - you got this!

You're not alone. Most of us (regardless of BMI) had to do a 2 week liquid diet of some variety. I was 3-4 shakes and vegetables only.

The first couple days sucked. Day 3 was the worst for me, and then it did get easier. Be sure to get the shakes in to give you some energy and keep hydrated.

I'm 8 days post-op now and will be on full fluids until day 18. It isn't easy, but I'm already so pleased with the results and how things went. Hang in there!! It is worth it in the end!