Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you do!

Hi everyone!

I am feeling so frustrated right now. I got my EGD on 3/6.. I was told once I got the all clear from that test that my information would be submitted to insurance the following day. It has been over two weeks and they still have not submitted it. The first time I called the office I was told that the person who does it for my dr. is on vacation. Ok! I call back earlier this week and I am being told she is now out sick. Ok! I called yesterday and was told she is still out sick. So I wished her well and politely ask if there is anyone else who can submit my information as it has now been over two weeks. The women said "I'll look into that for you and call you back" of course she never called me back.

I am so frustrated because this is already such an overwhelming process and to hit this kind of roadblock and not know what is going on is beyond upsetting. And to talk to someone who does not seem to care is even more upsetting.

What would you guys do? Should I just sit tight and not say anything? Like am I being too pushy?

Thanks for listening.

Shy

It's frustrating for sure. Especially with everything we have to think about before surgery. :)

As an office manager, I can tell you that when someone is unexpectedly out sick, it can cause a lot of strain and backup, especially in a busy office like a medical office. You are likely not the only patient experiencing a delay. I would give them the rest of the week and call again first thing Monday morning. If the person who submits paperwork for your doctor is still out sick, and they still haven't submitted your information, I would nicely ask for the office manager or a supervisor, and just calmly explain what's been going on and ask of she can help you and get your paperwork sent out.

Take a deep breath - it will all work out!

I finished everything, they submitted to insurance yesterday (3 wks after I completed everything). But told me my surgeon is taking the month of April for vacation so sheet approval I'm looking at the end of May for a surgery date. I feel your frustration. I guess at least by the time I'm off the weather should be nice and I can enjoy my 4 weeks off of work. Besides this will be a lifetime of change and what's a few weeks delay for the rest of your life. That being said, totally agree. Call Monday morning and if she's still out ask for a supervisor. I'm super shy and if I've learned anything with age, it's that sometimes if you're not a little pushy you just keep getting walked all over.