Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale and non scale victories

Today is the 6 month anniversary from the start of my preop diet. Ive lost 110lbs and am the thinest I have been since I reached drinking age.

I went from a size 26-28 to a 18-20. Yesterday I had to take two links out of my fancy fitbit Bracelet and its still loose.

I am no longer a diabetic (thou still pre diabetic for now). I dont have to use my bipap for sleep apnea. My tendonitis in my elbows has resolved and my knees no longer hurt everday.

I went from zero minutes of exercise a week to a min of 210. I have been seen in a swimsuit... in public... without a tshirt and shorts covering it up. I am working with a trainer and lifting weights.

Its amazing what this surgery can help you do.

What is your proudest scale and non scale victory?

Congrats on your success and victories! Sounds like you are doing really well ... happy for you. I still use my c-pap but have an appt. with Dr. in July so hoping they will recommend another sleep study. I am no longer on any medications other than allergy. I walk at least 3 miles 5 times a week and also lift weights. If I don't exercise it really affects my weight loss. This is the thinnest I have been in 35 years. I feel amazing!

Thats Awesome!!! Love to hear everyones progress as im still preop until my surgery date of 3/31, hearing these stories keeps me motivated. Also just wanted to say Queen love your new profile pic you can really see the change in your face...keep smiling :)

My victory is that I lost weight over the past 3 months. This will sound odd, but let me explain. My husband had bone surgery on his tibia on 12/9/16. Only one night in the hospital, and while it was painful, he recovered nicely and was right on track for the first three weeks. Then... on 12/31, he was back at the hospital for a massive infection in his leg. They put him on clindamycin for 10 days, and while it helped keep the infection from spreading, the infection still got worse. On 1/13/17 they put him back in the hospital. He had a debridement that afternoon, again on 1/16, and then reconstructive surgery on 1/17, moving a flap from his calf muscle into the hole they'd excavated in his leg when removing the rotted, gangrenous muscle that had developed there, and then did skin grafts. This is when the surgeon broke the news that if this recon and grafting didn't "take," they'd have to amputate. Husband went on IV antibiotics... one of them was a 1 hour infusion a day, the other was a 3.5 hour infusion, 3 times a day, as well as 2 oral antibiotics each day. When he was discharged from the hospital on 1/20, he went into a nursing home for FIVE WEEKS. Five weeks of antibiotic therapy, and keeping his leg horizontal and elevated, 24/7. This was extremely stressful for both of us, along with the knowledge that if this didn't work, they'd amputate his leg. My long story has a happy ending; things went well and he's been home for almost a month now, went back to work part-time this week. He has PT three times a week and cannot drive, so I am doing all the schlepping around, taking care of the house, shoveling the snow, etc. BUT GUESS WHAT??? I have lost 15 pounds during all this! Believe me, I did not expect this! I've slacked off on my exercise, not always made smart food choices (I spent lots of nights sleeping on the recliner in the nursing home room), and have ALWAYS been a stress-eater, but somehow, I made it work during all this and still lost weight. I am so proud of myself for being able to manage this... and incredibly proud of my husband, who somehow spent six long weeks in bed, healing. It's been an incredibly stressful 2017, but I have confidence that we are going to sail through the rest of the year, and that I can manage my new eating plan/habit and maintain my weight loss. I am just so shocked that I didn't GAIN weight during all this!!!