Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in October!

thick chick don't give up. I agree with Julie never, never. I had this damn unfill I should not have done it. I am gaining at such a fast pace.

I get filled tomorrow I can't wait.

Mama Lampert you are an incredible lady. What an accomplishment to have raised 10 kids and to have them all college grads your DH and you should be proud. Thanks for sharing, I love to hear about your family and your new grandbabies. I have to ask, we are raising 3 teen (19, 16, & 13) boybarians right now, and our little 6 year old Chinese daughter. So much stuff is going on right now with them, nothing devastating just issues, I get one on the right track and something happens with the next one. I am just so overwhelmed with the stress of raising 4 kids and holding together a household. I hate to get off the lapband track but do you have any words of wisdom too help a friend see the light at the end of this motherhood tunnel. Just a little down right now. Society is so hard right now, the innocence of childhood seems to be gone, replaced with things that kids should not know about or have to deal with at such a young age.

Thank You For All Your Support On Here!! I Think You Guys Are Great!!!!

I Cancelled My Appointment For A Fill But I Really Dont Think I Need It!!!

Maybe Next Month!!! Well See

Have A Good Day!

thick chick don't give up. I agree with Julie never, never. I had this damn unfill I should not have done it. I am gaining at such a fast pace.

I get filled tomorrow I can't wait.

Mama Lampert you are an incredible lady. What an accomplishment to have raised 10 kids and to have them all college grads your DH and you should be proud. Thanks for sharing, I love to hear about your family and your new grandbabies. I have to ask, we are raising 3 teen (19, 16, & 13) boybarians right now, and our little 6 year old Chinese daughter. So much stuff is going on right now with them, nothing devastating just issues, I get one on the right track and something happens with the next one. I am just so overwhelmed with the stress of raising 4 kids and holding together a household. I hate to get off the lapband track but do you have any words of wisdom too help a friend see the light at the end of this motherhood tunnel. Just a little down right now. Society is so hard right now, the innocence of childhood seems to be gone, replaced with things that kids should not know about or have to deal with at such a young age.

Oh, Janine, hang in there! Three teens is truly the test of your character, isn't it? I know what you mean by issues--there are always those, aren't there? Small crises abound with big ones mixed in to keep you on your toes. Sometimes the tunnel seems like it will never end but it does and now I look back and wonder how it went by so fast. I worry so much about my grandkids with the way society is--you want to protect them but know you can't and you don't want to anyway because they need to learn to cope and make good choices but it's just so dang hard. Their innocence really does vanish overnight and that is definitely worth mourning the loss. But they have each other and they are so lucky to have you. Believe in your instincts and know that this, too, shall pass--and probably more quickly than you expected or even hoped for--and you will have made a huge difference in their lives. Be sure to take time for yourself--housework can wait, you'll have plenty of time for that after the kids have left home. I wiped a 4-year-old dirty hand print off one of my new walls today and realized just how long it's been since I was chasing little hand prints. That reminds me of something I used to tell myself: "oh, to feel the touch of this tiny hand in mine and live for this moment."

Good luck. You are entitled to a few bad days--you will get through these tough times and everyone will be better for it. Honest!

Just curious, did you adopt all of your children? How long has your daughter been with you? I'll bet she's just precious. Teenage boys, on the other hand... You gotta love 'em though--what energy, tenacity, adventure!

Hope you have a great day today and a better one tomorrow!

Well said Momlambert! As a mother of boys (18 and 16), I appreciate your wisdom. I remind myself that someday I'm going to miss all of the "chaos." Motherhood can be so difficult in that you feel so overwhelmed while raising kids - and my big thing is guilt, for not being able to be superwoman I guess - then they're gone and you have the emptyness to cope with.

I wanted to check in after my fill yesterday. I have 2cc's now. I weighed in and lost "zero" lbs since June 20. My Dr. was a bit annoyed that I hadn't come in sooner. I've just been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for 4 months. I don't know if I really have restriction now for sure as I'm on mushy again. I didn't have much before I went in.

I worry a lot. Do any of you guys feel weird about having this thing in you sometimes? I don't know, but I just worry that something is wrong with the band - or going to go wrong. Does anyone still have pains in their stomach? I get waves of pain that sometimes wake me up at night. I can't figure if it's gas, or because my tummy is empty or what. A drink of Water usually helps. My Dr didn't want to do any tests or anything, and doesn't use floro for fills.:phanvan

My band has been extra tight this week so i can eat very little but Im getting my Water and Powerade in. it hurts when i eat sometimes and that kind bothers me i wonder if it had slipped or eroded but Ive only had it 7 months now. and ive only thrown up about 7 times since i've been banned yes i think about something in my body and feels strange and now i can feel my port really good now!! and i think thats super GOSS cause it feels like a button under my skin...

But I have 40 more pounds to lose so i cant quit and i cant whimp out i gotta hang in there

Im not giving up i've come to far!

Mama Lambert,

Yep, I think I need to stop stressing over the housework and enjoy the kids. I know like you said time will pass so fast actually it is passing fast. I just have to take a breath an live for the moment. The boys are biological, I adore them but I have yearned to have a daughter. So in 2004 we adopted our daughter then 4 years old, she is a delight for the most part. She did come with some baggage(emotional abuse we think). Thanks for sharing your advice.

Sophia _ I have pains sometimes too in my stomach.

Sophie

I don't have pains. My annoyance is when I bend down my belt and waist band squishes my port and it's very uncomfortable. I kinda have to "move" it out of the way.

I just started getting worried also about my band.

I have been perfectly restricted since my last fill. I just noticed the last week, not so much. I has become apparent that I don't have to slow down quite as much when I eat. I would slime coffee in the am if I drank too fast, now I can drink a cup way quicker.

So , not sure what's up with that.

I think we all find motherhood can be a challange at times. My kids are growing so fast, with new experiences, friends, school and not being so dependent on mom any longer. I 'm thankful every day they are happy and healthy.

take care everyone

OMG!! I thought I knew what stuck was, but I found out for sure last night. MAN did that hurt. It was on some smoked pork. I had it two days ago and was fine with it. I have it cut into very small bites (I always cut everything up, even finger food, because if I don’t I take too big of a bite.)When I was done pbing, I thought my whole throat swelled shut. I haven’t had any problems with food so long as I chew, chew, chew, but I guess I am going to be one of the lucky ones that become tight with TOM. I am still sore today. Today, liquids only.

Dems-My port is way on my right side and it sticks out since my hernia surgery. I love to knit and I lean on my right side while doing it. I have to make sure that the pillow is a little behind me or it rubs it raw.

Am I the only one that loves the fact that I CAN feel my port? I think of it as my Little Buddy. When I feel like doing something I shouldn’t (like eating a brick of ice cream), I put my hand on my Little Buddy (I should name it Gilligan, you know from Gilligan Island) and remember why I have the little guy. I don’t want to fail at this, and it’s a reminder.

Today sucks!! I am sitting at work, my stomach hurts, but I don't know if its from being stuck yesterday, hungery because I am on liquids, or cramps fom TOM. Will this day ever end?

Mrs. Husker,

I found that after a bad PBing episode my stomach hurt for a couple days.

It could be the TOM though. I love you Gilligan analogy, after having a unfill and putting on 7.5 lbs in 10 days, I now adore my lapband. I had a fill on Thursday so I have dropped 4 of the 7.5 lbs already. Yes:whoo:

Toodles, Janine

Way to go Janine!! I hope after my next fill, 11/5, to get on the lossing wagon again.

I still hurt today so decided to keep to liquids/soft foods. I am going to run out and get some aloe juice after work today and see if that helps.

LOL- I had to read your posts a couple of time before I figured out what TOM was. Thanks that one went over my head. Ha.

I think I need a new scale. When I go to the doc, they tell me I've lost but at home still nothing?

Well, I woke up this morning praising Aloe juice. I was feeling just fine. Went and took my meds, BAM!! I hurt. I take two pills every morning, Chlorathaladone (SP) for my kidneys, very small pill, and Lipitor (SP). I think its the Lipitor that got me. DAMN! I have the aloe juice with me here at work and plan on sipping it all day. So this is day 3 (not counting friday night) of liquids.

Ok so I know people were posting 6 month pics, and I never took one, and I still can't find a pre-op pic, but I took one last week with my bf. It'll have to suffice for now. I'm going to have to go rooting around in my closets for the older pics....I'll keep you all updated.