Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in October!

Happy Manic Monday!!!!

Im Sleeeeeeepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Juli No Worries, Ill Find A Way To Post Those Pics, I Hope You All Have A Awesome Day!! Going To Get A Fill On Thursday Im Excited..

Hey Marchies....This thread has been so quiet lately. Busy time of year?

I haven't been working out at all lately, had the flu for a week and a half and I could not work out like that. Back tonight for the start of the couch to 5k program. And my trainer is back from her 2 week vacation, so I get to see her tomorrow. She's so going to give me 30 lashes for not keeping up!

My food habits have also been atrocious. I have a hard time with real food, most of the time, so I end up eating junk, which seems to go down really well....I know I have to quit it, but its so much easier to eat...

Have a good one guys!

I've been pretty busy, have a lot going on right now and I don't seem to get on the computer at home much, I usually check the site from work.

I'm stuck in a rut that I'm not really motovated to get out of right now. I have not been exercising all that much, I haven't been eating all that great, I have been getting in my Protein. I'm down into a clothes size I haven't seen since 9th grade! (YEAH) and I'm okay with it all. My scale hasn't budged in 4 weeks. So I guess you could say I've been "maintaining"

Good Luck with your fill thickchick

gotta run

Hi everyone! We just moved into our new home so I haven't been on the computer at all for several days--major withdrawal! We still have lots of boxes (there were over 300 to unpack) but we are making progress and the kitchen is unpacked! Woohoo! Now we can function. One of our daughters and her two children came from NYC to help another daughter with the birth of her second child (our 6th grandchild and first granddaughter!) so things are crazy in our neck of the woods. Baby hasn't come yet but was due today so it shouldn't be much longer.

I was excited to unpack the scales and see how much I've lost since I last weighed on them--they keep track of my weight and my losses or gains. It was only a measly .5 lb and it's been two months! Argh! I have my 10th fill on Wednesday--hopefully that will help. My eating has been quite good I thought but I think stress really hinders weight loss. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Good job everyone! Your weight losses are admirable. Keep it up!

Wow. I realised I have not checked in a long time. Grad school has been keeping me busy!

I started the semester out by taking too many classes, getting over involved in student organizations and drinking too many lattes. So I dropped a class, and now I'm drinking less lattes. I also recently got a fill as my stomach has been telling me to feed it too often. I regained about ten pounds! I hate it when I regain!

But I am losing again, and I am also working out. I was in physical therapy for a while. I have an older hip injury that acts up from time to time (my SI joint) and it was bothering me. So I got a cortizone shot as well. Now that is doing much better and I am trying to excercise 2-5 times a week. Currently it is closer to 2, but I have to start somewhere. I am already getting stronger though and I do love that part.

I also really love grad school and I'm learning a lot. Plus I am now healthier than I have been in years. The one downside to being busy is not having time to work on cleaning and organizing more. I tell my husband if he isn't careful I'm going to use henna to put a temporary tatoo of slob on his forehead while he sleeps.

Currently my biggest issue weight wise is my diet. I want to eat more junk food than is wise-- ice cream or coffee drinks, etc. So I need to work on those Protein shakes for Breakfast (I find that really helps me out) and just working on delayed gratification.

Happy Tuesday!!!

Confession: I Woke Up At 3am And Ate A Nutty Buddy 310 Calories!!!!!!! YESTERDAY I ATE 2 PACKS OF M&M'S *I ONLY DO IT WHEN IT'S AROUND THAT TIME OF THE MONTH*YES I FEEL A LITTLE BAD BUT I WALKED FOR AN HOUR THIS MORNING AT VERY FAST PACE SO I HOPED TO HAVE BURNED SOME OF THAT THIS MORNING BEFORE 8:30 :Banane35:

THEN I TRIED TO EAT A SAUSAGE BISCUIT FROM MCD'S AND HONEY CHILE OH THE PAIN AND THE SLIME WAS YUCKY PHOOEY!!! SO MY KIDS GOT SCARED BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE *WHICH WAS SWEET* I TRY NOT TO GET SICK IN FRONT OF THEM BY THEY WERE WATCHING MOM LIKE A HAWK THIS MORNING!!!

FEELING BETTER AND I WASTED A DOLLAR THIS MORNING ON THAT SAUSAGE BISCUIT THING!!!! OH WELL I HAVE A FILL ON THURSDAY!!!

IT'S TIME TO GET THIS WEIGHT LOSS THING GOING AGAIN&

MY GOAL IS TO LOSE 30 POUNDS BY JANUARY 2008:scared::Banane10:

Happy Tuesday!!!

Confession: I Woke Up At 3am And Ate A Nutty Buddy 310 Calories!!!!!!!

Yea, but they're good!

Kythera welcome back we have missed you.

Mamma Lampert how many kids and grandkids do you have?

Mary, trying to keep up with the speed of life. whew! I hear ya.

Well 10 days ago I had a complete unfill due to excess PBing, I am with you

Mama Lampert I thinK stress causes a,lot. I was very apprehensive about the unfill, but within the sec they took it out I felt like an elephant got off my chest. And now officially I am eating like an elephant, 7 1/2 big lbs gained just like that. I really felt being banded from March that maybe, just maybe my stomach had shrunk, are you kidding me !!LOL i just hate my self for being such a piggy. I sooooo need this band. I am going in for a fill on Thursday. I am hoping for about 1.5 cc'c what do you guys think?

Kythera welcome back we have missed you.

Mamma Lampert how many kids and grandkids do you have?

Ditto--we were worried about you Kythera. Glad you checked in!

Well, I actually have ten children--all boys but nine ;) (that's what my son prefers that I tell people). Here are the answers to the questions that are probably swimming in your mind since they are the ones people always ask me: no, we don't have any twins or triplets; yes, they are all natural children from my husband and I--no step children; yes, it was a challenge keeping up with the laundry--at least 2 loads per day; no, the boy wasn't last, he's 5th; the oldest is 38 and the youngest is 20; they all get along and are very supportive of each other--always have been; they live all over the country but tend to "cluster" together; all attended college and seven have advanced degrees; yes, there were many times of unbridled chaos; Christmas is wonderful but is such a time; and, we feel very blessed. So now you know the basics.

Nature is catching up though with all five of our grandchildren being boys. But our first granddaughter should be here within the week since she was due yesterday and her big brother was a few days early. Exciting times for us all--can't wait to meet this little person!

So, thanks for asking! I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know but I love to talk about my kids--I'm fiercely proud of them all, as you can tell.

Thickchicktexas- I notice that you said you wasted a dollar on the sandwhich from Mc Donalds. don't think of it that way. your band saved you from someething you shouldn't eat. I think the fear of wasting mentality that our parents have instilled on us is part of what we need to loose in this process. I have three daughters and have gotten much better with the "just get rid of it if you are done" answer. It was very hard for me and sometimes still is.

Momlambert- wow that's a busy family!!! I thought we were busy! I have three daughters, and my first garndchild - a boy - is due in January!!

Hi gang,

It'

s been a minute since I've posted about myself. I do read everyone's postings. I'm glad to see we are still moving forward together through this journey.

My weight loss is slowing. But it's going well. I'm exercising regularly and back to eating vegetables. Veggies were really hard after the fill, but I need the nutrition. Apparently my HDL cholesterol isn't high enough and my B-12 isn't high enough either. I eat Protein, but mostly fiish, not red meat. So I'm trying to play with what foods I eat. I'm not ready to fry up liver, but I'm changing my foods here and there.

School is going well. I'm looking forward to December because I'll have a full three weeks off!!! Then I start graduate school! ACK!!!

I'm worried about the winter and exercising so I'm making plans. I've got going to a boxing gym on the agenda and friends just suggested scuba diving! I might do that. Maybe...

I can't imagine getting my 220 pound body in a wet suit in front of people but maybe..............

Hope you all are well and happy.

XO

Hey all,

Not much going on here. My weight is at a stand still, but I guess that is a good thing as it is not going up. I wanted to be 180 by Christmas so I need to get my butt in gear. I have another fill on Nov 5. Hope that one will keep me full longer than 1-2 hours. I still can eat whatever I want, but must chew-chew-chew or it hurts like h**l. I have found that when I have a fill, things like sweets kind of make me sick after a bite or two. IE. Pre-band I loved 3 Musketeers, now 2 bites and I done. So that’s a good thing. Anyone else find that things just don't satisfy you the way they used to. Like fried food doesn’t taste the way it did pre-band. The only thing, junk food wise, that I still want and hasn’t changed in taste are chips. I love all chips.

Well, back to work for me.

So i woke up and at 3m STARVING so instead of eating the Nutty Buddy that my heart wanted i tried to eat a cold pork chop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF did i do that for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i SLIMED for like 30minutes and i finally threw half of the smile ball up and other half said "hell no i wont go!" and it got stuck so i cried and hated food and i hated waking up!!

needless to say everything kind of food i seen today made me sick to my tummy. so i ate some Soup and it felt like that was stuck man it's been a tough day today....

but the most important this is Im not giving up