Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks from surgery. 1 month before surgery I was put on a Water pill. My blood pressure was borderline. Going into surgery and first few weeks after my blood pressure was excellent. Went back to the doctor a few days ago and my blood pressure is too low. Now I am feeling light headed, the room is spinning. Anyone else have this experience? I am going to see my doctor soon but wanted to know if this is common.

Val

weight.png

Starting weight 319 7/5/07

surgery weight 314 8/30/07

current weight 291 9/25/07:clap2:

1st goal 40 lbs by 12/25/07

Did they take you off the pill?

Give your doc a call this morning, and I'd make sure to get a little more salt in your diet and drink a lot of fluids in the meantime.

I am 4 weeks from surgery. 1 month before surgery I was put on a Water pill. My blood pressure was borderline. Going into surgery and first few weeks after my blood pressure was excellent. Went back to the doctor a few days ago and my blood pressure is too low. Now I am feeling light headed, the room is spinning. Anyone else have this experience? I am going to see my doctor soon but wanted to know if this is common.

Val

Hey Val,

I had surgery yesterday and my blood pressure was very low all day. (At one time it was 50/44!!) My BP was very low when they would wake me to take it. But once I sat up or stood up, it would rise to a more acceptable level. I did feel dizzy. I was concerned that it was because I hadn't eaten anything the day before other than liquids, and ice chips after surgery. I asked my dr if I should not take my heart pill (Benicar) and he said I should be fine taking it. My nurse said if I took my BP at home, and it was this low, to skip it..

Also, check your sugar levels.. could you be having low blood sugar?

Good luck at the office tomorrow!

Brenda

Could be any number of things. Are you getting PLENTY of liquids and Proteins in during the day? If not, that can make you lightheaded, nauseus and fatigued. Sugar drop will do it too. BP will do it too. See the "Beware and Be Aware" thread about BP.

Thanks for the reply, I went to my doctor and you were right, it was my blood sugar! They also put me on Januevia for diabetes as a precaution. My pre op blood sugar levels were normal and remained normal in the hospital. I continued to take them since I've been home and I guess I don't need them. So my doc took me off of them. Hopefully that won't happen anymore!