Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out and this week I'm so nauseated. I get rumblings in my stomach sometimes like I'm hungry but it's nausea that tells me I need to eat. Carbs is the only thing that makes it go away but I'm trying not to eat carbs and it's not the right kind of carbs that I'm able to get down. Anyone else experiencing this? Does it go away? It's like I'm pregnant all over again and I can't live like this forever.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

3 weeks out and this week I'm so nauseated. I get rumblings in my stomach sometimes like I'm hungry but it's nausea that tells me I need to eat. Carbs is the only thing that makes it go away but I'm trying not to eat carbs and it's not the right kind of carbs that I'm able to get down. Anyone else experiencing this? Does it go away? It's like I'm pregnant all over again and I can't live like this forever.

I went thru this week 3 & 4..water made me almost throw up. Oyster crackers helped..just 2. I would not worry about carbs at this point..you are still healing and the little amount you are eating isn't going to be damaging.

4 weeks out and the only time I feel nauseated is when I have ate too much or ate carbs. Even a bite of carbs it just fills me up way too much and makes me feel like it doesn't want to go down so my nutritionist said to avoid carbs and sugar all together I am not having the problems with the nausea anymore

Wow this post could not have come at a better time im almost at week 4 and im soooooo nauseated i dont want to eat i dont want to drink i took gravel with all my power im trying not to throw up because the Water that i did get in (only1 cup) i dont want to start from scrach i feel like shit right now

BigBodyBombFace

Are you still taking the nausea medication and the pop said because I still take it every morning it seems to help because I do feel nauseated in the mornings also

I'm still taking the two things my doctors said to take for 28 days. I hadn't thought of gravol though, I will try that. The last few days I've not been able to drink much Water. Protein Shake and broth seems the best option. Broth helps the nausea in the morning though. Maybe it's the warmth that settles my stomach. Really hope this doesn't last!

Wow this post could not have come at a better time im almost at week 4 and im soooooo nauseated i dont want to eat i dont want to drink i took gravel with all my power im trying not to throw up because the Water that i did get in (only1 cup) i dont want to start from scrach i feel like shit right now

BigBodyBombFace

This was exactly me, I thought I was dehydrated because I couldn't drink/eat anything for 3 days, so surgeon suggested getting fluids and blood test to see how dehydrated I was. Turns out I wasn't as dehydrated as I thought. The fluids helped some but I still had nausea and my back began to hurt, which were two symptoms I recognized as gallbladder problems (I've had gallbladder problems before the surgery). Went to my PCP told her my gallbladder is acting up she said it's possible because of the rapid weight loss, so she ordered an ultra sound to check, and sure enough I have several gallstones. I'd recommend everyone getting that checked. Better safe than sorry because when gallstones get stuck or try to pass it's the WORSE pain ever.

This was exactly me, I thought I was dehydrated because I couldn't drink/eat anything for 3 days, so surgeon suggested getting fluids and blood test to see how dehydrated I was. Turns out I wasn't as dehydrated as I thought. The fluids helped some but I still had nausea and my back began to hurt, which were two symptoms I recognized as gallbladder problems (I've had gallbladder problems before the surgery). Went to my PCP told her my gallbladder is acting up she said it's possible because of the rapid weight loss, so she ordered an ultra sound to check, and sure enough I have several gallstones. I'd recommend everyone getting that checked. Better safe than sorry because when gallstones get stuck or try to pass it's the WORSE pain ever.

I was able to get some liquids in yesterday but still nauseated i ate canned salmon salad and a few cracks yesterday morning i was trying to channels gods strength to keep it down but failed so all the Protein i woeked to get in was voided so instead of eating for the day i chocked back to Protein Shakes to get my 60g in...as for the gallstones i have not had any nacl problems

BigBodyBombFace

I was able to get some liquids in yesterday but still nauseated i ate canned salmon salad and a few cracks yesterday morning i was trying to channels gods strength to keep it down but failed so all the Protein i woeked to get in was voided so instead of eating for the day i chocked back to Protein  shakes to get my 60g in...as for the gallstones i have not had any nacl problems

BigBodyBombFace

I hope you feel better soon!